Started on: 03-09-2009 10:38 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 03-11-2009 08:13 PM
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Well, after having the un-official longest engine swap in history I can report that I finally have it running and moving under its own power. Now to be honest, im flat out embarassed at how long this has taken, but I have had several other "issues" to keep me from getting it done.

For the record, I pulled the motor in November 2002, and this weekend I drove it around the block for the first time. So I'll let you do the math. Im just glad to report that IT's ALIVE. I don't have any cool video of me starting it, I do have some pics I took after driving it around the block. They are atteached below.

The reason for these pics is that this is the first time I have driven it under its own power. No more pushing it in and out of the garage. (let me enjoy it)

I have to say thanks to Ryan at "Sinister Performance" for burning my chip. So far, no issues. I have yet to let it get too hot. It has gotten hot enough to kick on the fan, so I know that part works. I was getting a little "smoke" from the header wrap, but that may be normal. I have to crawl under it to check on any wires that may be getting "hot". But the next chapter has started. I need to get it all back together.

ALSO, before the comments, yes...the green is the new color. Im going with this satin green color. I saw it used on a Solstice and a Z28 in HOT ROD mag and I loved it. My theme is the green and black outside. I'm keeping the black rims, and tinting the windows dark black. The GT windows are smoked black so it should all work. Beachwood and black interior with the Red engine parts. For now it works. The car has several smaller projects going on, some finished, some still to go. The interior is in pieces so I can do some black vinal lower doorskins, and firewall carpet. So that is why the passenger seat looks odd. Still have to fit the trunk and add the mustang scoop.

Anyway I needed to share this with someone.

Cheers.

Rob

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 03-09-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Stubby79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Direct Link to This Post

That's great, congrats! I'm almost up to 2 years(and counting), so I can take heart from your progress.

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 03-09-2009).]

vballman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vballmanClick Here to visit vballman's HomePageSend a Private Message to vballmanDirect Link to This Post
that is awesome. at least you got it done. you could have given up on it a while ago so be happy for that.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2009 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
now you just need a killer shift knob for that interior!
gt7

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt7Send a Private Message to gt7Direct Link to This Post
I like that shade of green, and I like the satin sheen. The previous owner of my black GT 350 had given it a repaint in the stock black color, but had done something wrong with his mixing or spray job. It goes to a flat-satin-sheen a month or so after a good clean and wax job. I tell people that with the plastic body panels it has anti-radar paint. Good to hear that another project is close to on the road. I see the convertible in the driveway. Post some pics of the whole stable when you can.

------------------
Tom
Suffolk, Va
87 GT 350 5 spd.

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
MMMMM... T-Top! Great job. Doesn't matter how long it took, dude, as long as you saw it through. Looks like a clean install. And I love those rims.. I keep thinking about slapping them on my Formula.
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Looks great... but I am really eyeballing that 06+ Goat in the background

-edit- Hey... what are you using for strut tower covers?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-10-2009).]

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
looks go glad to hear your making headway and on the home stretch....and double up on the where did u get the strut covers...me likey..tim
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
Nice to hear it's moving forward (literally).

Is that the same Formula I used to see around those parts and came to the club meetings when I used to live out there?
I miss coming to the meetings you guys had out there. As of now, there's nothing active in Indianapolis (that I am aware of).

Please take care and keep us updated.

-Tod
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
2002 you started it, good grief! Good thing it wasn't a hole in the roof of your house. So then I guess it will be all ready for GM show in what 2014?
leppy_89

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for leppy_89Send a Private Message to leppy_89Direct Link to This Post
I must know what rims those are from.

Where did you get them? I like that look a lot.
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks gang for the comments. The rims are Beretta GTZ rims. GM rims that bolt right on no issues. They come in at least 5 stock colors. I have seen red, blue, gray, black and white. 5x100, 42mm, 16x7 rims. I need to put a 5mm spacer on the back, because with the 88 they sit a little too far in for my taste. I still need to put the lug covers on them, and I need to get the center cap on the front.

I put the trunk lid on tonight, and now need to finish the interior.

AYROW, yea, this is it. Since it was not a FORMULA, i pulled off the stickers.

The Strut covers are off a Cadillac Catera. They are in the trunk. Just a small trim and they fit. I just put them on before the pic's, I like them, so they will stay for now.

The GTO is an 05. It has about 5K in engine mods, and runs low12's. i'll post some pics when I get a chance, since I just got new tires on it and no new pics yet.

Thanks again.

Rob
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I remember back when you started that swap! Glad to see you finally got it running. I love that color green!

------------------

88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock