Started on: 02-27-2009 09:27 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 03-13-2009 02:52 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I got inspired by Misters build thread on his HUD and am thinking about doing one as well. I was looking into a 2000 Bonneville SSEi HUD with the switches and wondered if anyone had done this/where they mounted the HUD projector at? I am looking through the threads using the search function at the moment but...damn...loads to sort thorugh!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Daniel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2009 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielClick Here to visit Daniel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanielDirect Link to This Post
It seems most who use it also swap the dash. I am planning on trying to mount one too. I have 4" component speakers up front, so I plan on using just the circuit board and display, without projectors on the right side of the drivers speaker cover (just so I dont go cutting up the dash)

------------------
1988 Fiero GT

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I have an original 88 GT which I won't touch but I also have an 88 GT 4.9 and that is the one the HUD will go into. I would like it to look as factory as possible, at least that is the goal. The HUD Mister put in split the tach and speedo into two different displays and left the direct line between you and traffic unobstfructed. His is really nice and flows factory-like. Just wondered if teh Bonne set up with all its nice features would be an almost "plug-and-play" option.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The older Bonne displays work just fine. I'm not sure about the newer ones.
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2009 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroDirect Link to This Post
I just purchased a 96 Bonniville HUD on ebay for $69. It included the projector, control switch with wires, the plastic cover piece, and some of the wire harness. When I ask JScott to do my Firebird plug and play dash harness I might see if he will wire in the HUD pigtail for some extra cash thrown his way.

Shelby
87convert

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87convertSend a Private Message to 87convertDirect Link to This Post
I put a 96 Bonne HUD into my PISA ZR-2 dash in one of my cars. I can't find the thread now but it is here somewhere. The unit works well both day and night and is a real crowd pleaser.

Rolland
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2009 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
http://www.exoticvette.com/HUD.htm

Check this out, saw it on another forum and thought it may fit over here too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock