Started on: 02-17-2009 05:32 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: N3M3S1S on 03-01-2009 07:34 PM
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
ok so i was going to keep it a continuance of the dark knight but i figured its time to let go of that car i was going to keep this car white but just noticing inside the door sills its black so the car will be painted black just like my original plan.

So heres the sory behind this car. I traded my old car for this one the old car that was the dark knight. It was an 86 SE V6 with a fast back conversion done on it. It was an automatic and i get an email on another fourm from a friend of mine. He telles me he has a white 87 GT 5 speed and was interested in a trade. So i wet ahead with the trade and took this lil beauty home. Now i was going to go for the name it white knight but after seeing inside the door sills that there black i can go with my original plan.

1st here are some pics of the car stock before i brought it home.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Now i cant leave a car alone so the 1st mod was done to the taillights i was able to keep all my aftermarket things. So they got transferred to this new car 1st were the pisa taillights.

After the taillights i was able to get a hold of a very nice interior the seats inside the thing will be for sale soon enough there original and in perfect shape.
1st 3 are a pic of carver 1's work on a shifter ball i love it gets through gears real clean
Shortley after the interior came the intergrated rocker pannels.

I have a set of flush mount headlights comming and also have a 355 front bumper that will be on the car soon still need a set of lowering springs and rims.

So this is my progress so far ill keep pics comming. (and please dont let this turn into a big PA chat room like the dark knight did and got booted off the biuld thread list)

thanks guys

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-17-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Keep up the good pics. Any motor swap plans on this one?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Keep up the good pics. Any motor swap plans on this one?

Eventuley, Right now this motor is running great aside from not being able to chose where it wants to idol when stopped it runs real good. Just had it inspected and iv been driving it all day. Eventuley ill throw a 3800sc in it.

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
How many miles are on it? And where'd the rockers come from? I've been toying with the idea of putting a set of those on my Formula before going for paint. Amida's Formula test car looks great with them on it(plus that 355 nose).
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

How many miles are on it? And where'd the rockers come from? I've been toying with the idea of putting a set of those on my Formula before going for paint. Amida's Formula test car looks great with them on it(plus that 355 nose).

V8 archie makes them i picked them up used for $200 but archie charges $400 before shipping. I also have the 355 nose in my garage waiting to be put on. I have a set of kris munson flush mount headlights on the way. and it just hit 106k today.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-17-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
You know I considered Kris Munson's flush headlights.. But I don't know, something about the pop-up headlights do it for me. Instead I picked up Fiero1Fan's brackets and am slowly piecing them together as I get money(damn set is pretty expensive). What are you going to do with the Aero-Bumper? I've thought about putting one of those on my car as well. And hopefully you're going to lower it to get rid of that huge wheel gap these little bastards have. I'm planning on that too.

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the.....

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Sounds like the.....

here we go again.

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

pontiackid86

19632 posts
Member since Sep 2008

You know I considered Kris Munson's flush headlights.. But I don't know, something about the pop-up headlights do it for me. Instead I picked up Fiero1Fan's brackets and am slowly piecing them together as I get money(damn set is pretty expensive). What are you going to do with the Aero-Bumper? I've thought about putting one of those on my car as well. And hopefully you're going to lower it to get rid of that huge wheel gap these little bastards have. I'm planning on that too.

iv about had it with the pop up headlights i drew the line when my firebird started giving me problems and that things lucky i dident flush mount them. but i think flushmounts will fit the look im going for hell if you want ill sell you my bumper.
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Back On Holiday:

Sounds like the.....

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Ladies and gentelmen Back On Holiday has returned.
PFF
System Bot
Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
Last one...

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post
No more death star jokes? how about an update with pics, how about those flush mount headlights???
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
you can resize pictures in photobucket to the same size as they are now, and they will be below the 150k limit, if you wish.

As far as the car, I think this car looked it's best with the tailights, new interior, unbroken quarter windows, and before the rockers. Just my opinion though...
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

you can resize pictures in photobucket to the same size as they are now, and they will be below the 150k limit, if you wish.

As far as the car, I think this car looked it's best with the tailights, new interior, unbroken quarter windows, and before the rockers. Just my opinion though...

yea but hell its gona get ugly before it gets pretty and thoes quarter windows are shot anyway the broken one was my error but there comming off as soon as i can get a set of jimmy s windows. this cars going to be a beauty when its done. and andrew pic are gona be comming after this weekend. you should get your @$$ up here on sat me nemisis and dare devil are going to be putting the 355 front on and fixing a few other things.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 02-26-2009).]

pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
well ladies and gents you all wanted pics of the kris munson headlights i figured id hold off and give you all a lil something special with them. thanks to dare devil heres your pics

Back On Holiday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

well ladies and gents you all wanted pics of the kris munson headlights i figured id hold off and give you all a lil something special with them. thanks to dare devil heres your pics

Hey, resize the pics - photobucket will do it automaticly......
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
hvideo me and dave did for the install of it

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Put your stock front bumper in a safe location, you'll be happy you saved it later on down the road.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Sorry I missed out on the Fiero fun! In my defense.. I missed out for her:

=P

What's next for the car?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Sorry I missed out on the Fiero fun! In my defense.. I missed out for her:

=P

What's next for the car?

haha to figure it why its over heating. not bad though dude

PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Car is lookin good!

Overheating...
Is your thermostat ok?
Is your radiator fan turning on when the engine gets above 220?

Thermostat is simple to replace, or even to check. Check it by putting it in a pot of boiling water (make sure you dont use a GOOD pot!!) You will see the plunger "open up" after you drop it in the water.

If you radiator fan is not turning on when the engine coolant gets hot, then you will probably have to replace the fan switch. (not too hard to do either!)

LMK how it works out, or ask if you need any more help / suggestions
-Chris

[This message has been edited by chrishahn87 (edited 03-01-2009).]

N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Plus check to see if the level's filled properly and has been burped of air. You know how one little bubble can wreak havoc on Fieros. Plus the heater core.. That can be the cause of a small leak that can raise the temp. I've got that problem myself, but it'll last until summer when I can do it in a warmer climate. haha.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock