Started on: 01-20-2009 06:20 PM
Replies: 20
Last post by: GTMN on 02-03-2009 11:20 AM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
So is it cold enough for everyone!! Well here is just the thing you need. A little late, but we are having our annual heartland Fiero Xmas...ummmm Winter Gathering on January 31st at 1:00 p.m. at the usual place, Jim Anderson is again helping us out and be extremely courteous in providing us use of his shop in Marion, Iowa.

Anderson Automotive
4850 Chandler CT
Marion, IA 52302

This will be a potluck style gathering as usual, with meat and pop provided so please bring a dish to pass and your own service ware. Depending on weather and the such we may be able to have a Fiero on display We are asking for RSVP so we have an idea of how much main dish to prepare and the such so a heads up would be greatly appreciated.

So stay warm, and we hope to see you there!!!!!

Dan Moffatt
Heartland Fieros
dtmoffatt@msn.com
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
COME ON OUT Heartland Fieros members, It's brought to you by the Fiero Club that had Model T rides and two UFOs at their show in August. How could this not be a great time?
Mark A. Klein

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark A. KleinSend a Private Message to Mark A. KleinDirect Link to This Post
Why do things like this always come up when my wife has plans!!!!! We must be in MN for my daughter's Bridal Shower and related party..... How do I explain to my wife, that the annual Fiero Meeting is more important than my daughter's wedding stuff. I know, I just need to be a man about this and tell her I must be in Iowa.... Anybody know a good divorce lawyer??? Ah I can't do that! Decisions Decisions.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mark A. Klein:

Why do things like this always come up when my wife has plans!!!!! We must be in MN for my daughter's Bridal Shower and related party..... How do I explain to my wife, that the annual Fiero Meeting is more important than my daughter's wedding stuff. I know, I just need to be a man about this and tell her I must be in Iowa.... Anybody know a good divorce lawyer??? Ah I can't do that! Decisions Decisions.

Eat lots and I mean lots of Chili the night before...she'll ask you to stay in Iowa and all we'll ask is you step outside when the urge hits

The According to Jim sitcom has lots of hints for situations like this...hehe

Dan

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2009 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

DanFiero

2815 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Depending on weather and the such we may be able to have a special Fiero on display

I'm not promising anything at all as it all depends on weather and other circumstances...but this is a hint from the original post that might help those on the fence decide.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-22-2009).]

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Just another bump or 1 week notice and a bigger hint.......okay....okay..I'll spill

We are planning on having the PPG car from the Chicago Museum of Science on Display!!! (Weather and such permitting)

Everyone is welcome whether your a Heartland Member or Not!!! All we ask is an RSVP so we know how much food to prepare, just give me an email or pm.

Dan Moffatt
Heartland Fieros
dtmoffatt@msn.com

silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
HMMM, It's funny how I've been told that I am on the E-mail mailing list and have still not received notice of the Heartland "winter gathering" I wonder what excuse I'm going to get when I show up unannounced with my two sons. Good thing that there are members here in town.

Rich
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by silver 85 sc:

HMMM, It's funny how I've been told that I am on the E-mail mailing list and have still not received notice of the Heartland "winter gathering" I wonder what excuse I'm going to get when I show up unannounced with my two sons. Good thing that there are members here in town.

Rich

Rich,

I just checked our list and this is the email I have listed for you and yes you are on the list

rshjlq@aol.com (same one you have listed on this forum)

If this email is wrong then please update me. Otherwise I wouldn't know why you haven't received any emails as I've sent 2 out with 1 going out a few minutes ago. So at this time I hope I can count you in for 3 to attend?

That is the only excuse I can provide at this time.

Dan

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 01-24-2009).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2009 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Rich,

I just checked our list and this is the email I have listed for you and yes you are on the list

rshjlq@aol.com (same one you have listed on this forum)

If this email is wrong then please update me. Otherwise I wouldn't know why you haven't received any emails as I've sent 2 out with 1 going out a few minutes ago. So at this time I hope I can count you in for 3 to attend?

That is the only excuse I can provide at this time.

Dan

Dan

Never mind I just got it . Yea put me down for 3. Looks like I'll have to come up with some "trinkets"

Rich
Silversixspeed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SilversixspeedSend a Private Message to SilversixspeedDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to head out there and meet some fellow Iowans, but I'll have to work until 3pm in Waterloo. I'll see if I can get that day off, but it's doubtful.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silversixspeed:

I'd love to head out there and meet some fellow Iowans, but I'll have to work until 3pm in Waterloo. I'll see if I can get that day off, but it's doubtful.

Hope you can!! Always good to meet a fellow Iowan.

Bump as we get closer!! Weathers looking good so the chances are good you can see the PPG Pace Car fresh out of it's museum box!!

Dan
PFF
System Bot
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2009 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump....we are 99.9999999% positive the PPG Pace car will be there.

Come on out, enjoy some Chili, Friends and Fieros
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
One more bump, hope to see you tomorrow!!!

Dan
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
I am 100% sure that the Indy PPG Pace Car will be in attendance.

I hope to see the Iowa guys tomorrow! Any one is welcome to attend.

Fred
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
would like to come but won't have time to travel that far from dsm ..have fun and I will envy your day of Fiero Fun!
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I would of loved to come, its just I found this thread at 2:01 pm... today
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I would of loved to come, its just I found this thread at 2:01 pm... today

I added your email to our list so you'll know about things a bit sooner

Dan
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Some pics of Indy #3 at the Heartland Winter Party:

For Reference, here is a pic I took of the same car in August at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry

I believe it was a good time for all, I'd like to thank Fred for bringing this fine piece of Fiero History to the party, it sure was the conversation piece!

Thanks to all for coming!!

Dan

Please remember, Heartland Fieros membership is free so come one come all, just shoot me an email and I'll put you on our list to receive notices of whats happening here in the Heartland!!

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 02-01-2009).]

silver 85 sc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
And I got to control the brakes when it was loaded into the trailer. WOO HOO!! It was the first manual transmission Fiero I got to "drive" Well if it was running. Right now it is still people powered.

Rich
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2009 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireDirect Link to This Post
Hey Fred.......
Who's the good look'in guy in the back ground of the first picture?
I'll bet he owns a Pace Car!

hehehe......

Hi Mark!
GTMN

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNDirect Link to This Post
Good catch, I'm surprised you even saw any people in the picture. It's hard to look past that car!

PS Keep your eyes peeled, Heartland Fieros is planning a spring cruise and BBQ sometime end of April!

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 02-03-2009).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock