Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  How much do you think the Barret-Jackson Fieros will Sale for? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
How much do you think the Barret-Jackson Fieros will Sale for? by Greg Z
Started on: 01-14-2009 08:41 PM
Replies: 63
Last post by: Jefrysuko on 01-20-2009 12:53 PM
Greg Z

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
How much does everyone think each Fiero will end up going for?

http://www.barrett-jackson....aid=283&d=01/14/2009

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by Greg Z (edited 01-14-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
joeveto

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joevetoSend a Private Message to joevetoDirect Link to This Post
I haven't seen them. Details? Pics?

------------------
Spent my days with a woman unkind Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine...

Mike Gonzalez

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joeveto:

How can that be ? theres like six threads about them here !!

[This message has been edited by Mike Gonzalez (edited 01-14-2009).]

Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2009 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Renegade blob (edited 01-15-2009).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joeveto:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/073778.html

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 01-15-2009).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You can never tell how dumb people will be there.

Id pay $10K for the 4 seater prototype or Huffacher. Be fun to play with that at SCCA races and open track dates.
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Here is the auction date and times.....I think these cars will go from anywhere between $10,000-$25,000 hopefully to Fiero owners so we can see them at Fiero Shows...

909.1 1984 PONTIAC FIERO GT 2+2 COUPE Scottsdale
2009 1/16/2009 10:00:00 AM

1065 1987 PONTIAC FIERO GT CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE Scottsdale
2009 1/16/2009 10:00:00 AM

1610 0 PONTIAC FIERO GOODWRENCH RACE CAR Scottsdale
2009 1/18/2009 10:00:00 AM
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:

Here is the auction date and times.....I think these cars will go from anywhere between $10,000-$25,000 hopefully to Fiero owners so we can see them at Fiero Shows...

They may actually go for less. I've been watching some of the other cars from GM's warehouse and very few are getting big money.

Buick's 2003 Centieme Concept car had a hard time getting to the $23k it sold for.
The Lingenfelter 383 Trans Am only got to $29K

Some of the cars are going for less than $10K
My guess would be $5K to $15K and the Huffaker race car will draw in the highest.

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
it really is hard to say some cars that would normally sell for less due to modifications have been going big and others that should fetch top dollar have been rolling out at bargain basement prices. last night there was a stock mach 1 sort of that sold for 61k and a heavily modified one that only sold for about 3 k less at most.
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
do the 2+2 or vert have VIN numbers, or will they be sold on a bill of sale? If you can't drive it I don't want it, and I'm sure other bidders will agree. the race car is another story and should bring pretty decent money.

Russ
Renegade blob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Renegade blobSend a Private Message to Renegade blobDirect Link to This Post
The ones that I have seen from GM do have a VIN # but are being sold on a scrap bill.
Man, that 2+2 must have horrible cooling!
PFF
System Bot
Syme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SymeSend a Private Message to SymeDirect Link to This Post
So if these cars go for relatively cheap. Let's say $5-15 as Oreif mentioned.... will this bring down the ridiculous prices we see everywhere for "like new" fieros?
Marriard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarriardClick Here to visit Marriard's HomePageSend a Private Message to MarriardDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Syme:

So if these cars go for relatively cheap. Let's say $5-15 as Oreif mentioned.... will this bring down the ridiculous prices we see everywhere for "like new" fieros?

No - because you can drive the "like new" Fiero on the road. Since you can't title and street drive these, they are basically collectors or trailer to show cars... Although I'd certainly have the race car at the track and open it up a few times ;-) It's the only one of the cars I have my eyes on if I still have some cash that late in the auction.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Its very possible with VIN numbers to have it titled and tagged. Some states dont even issue titles in the first place. Theres always also the chance in the state your in, you could get a salvage title for it, then have it retitled after inspection or even get a title as an assembled non production/ kit car. I had my Fiberfab Avenger with a legal Ohio issued title and they listed it as a Ford GT40 2dr coupe. All I needed was a permanently fastened handmade VIN plate pop riveted on. It was a race car in Missouri when I bought it and it didnt have a title, got it off EBay. Even some states you could get Collector or Historical tags and drive it anyway, you can buy those with bill of sale.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
If one gets $!5,000+ I would be way surprised. With all the really nice hardware going for under $30k the Fiero's will likely not do all that well. Just my educated guess.

Arn
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Renegade blob:

The ones that I have seen from GM do have a VIN # but are being sold on a scrap bill.
Man, that 2+2 must have horrible cooling!

The first built does not have a vin. Many do not like the ones donated. They may rip them before sales like they did to #184 at the Crawford Museum here in Cleveland. Rick B

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87 Pegasus:

hopefully to Fiero owners so we can see them at Fiero Shows...

... but it will probably end up being a Jay Leno type, and it'll live out it's life in a garage/showcase somewhere...

Originally posted by Marriard:

No - because you can drive the "like new" Fiero on the road. Since you can't title and street drive these, they are basically collectors or trailer to show cars... Although I'd certainly have the race car at the track and open it up a few times ;-) It's the only one of the cars I have my eyes on if I still have some cash that late in the auction.

Heh heh heh... Wonder if anyone would catch a VIN swap on a factory one-off....

On second thought, I wonder if anyone would have the intestinal fortitude (read: balls) to attempt a VIN swap on a factory one-off...

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bDirect Link to This Post
race car +30k

2 + 2 near 20k

convert about 12k

------------------
Question wonder and be wierd
are you kind?

thefredman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefredmanSend a Private Message to thefredmanDirect Link to This Post
Convertible 15k, 2+2 18k, Race car 37k. Who really knows? Watching the auction this year is almost shocking! Prices are sometimes way higher for cars that you wouldn't think would bring that much. I'm looking forward to watching them sell, I got to see these cars at the 25th anniversary in Pontiac. Happy shopping.......if your bidding..........
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

On second thought, I wonder if anyone would have the intestinal fortitude (read: balls) to attempt a VIN swap on a factory one-off...

As long as you paid the tax on it, I don't think Texas would care.
joeveto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joevetoSend a Private Message to joevetoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Gonzalez:

Oooooooohhhh those Barrett Jackson Fieros!

Eaaaaaaaasy Big Guy.

------------------
Spent my days with a woman unkind Smoked my stuff and drank all my wine...

PFF
System Bot
Mike Gonzalez

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike GonzalezSend a Private Message to Mike GonzalezDirect Link to This Post
LMAO !!!!!
Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
But the high dollar stuff is suppose to be on Fri and Sat.
That would leave me to believe that they may bring more than we think.

Also, does anyone think they may ever auction the 90 Concept or the Turbo car?
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I read somewhere that GM would leave it up to the new owner(s) and State(s) where the car(s) are headed to title/register them. GM will not place any restrictions on the cars.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I wish I could buy the 2+2. I love that car......
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You can never guess what the people at B-J will pay. I was totally surprised the mint Buick Grand Nat turbo sold for less than $20K and then a stock 67 GTO with lameo 400 cid got $75K. Even less than $20K if I remember right for a 70 (?) Buick GTS.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 08:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I read somewhere that GM would leave it up to the new owner(s) and State(s) where the car(s) are headed to title/register them. GM will not place any restrictions on the cars.

Just before the first GM museum car went across the block on Tuesday they talked about titles and registration. Many of the cars have VIN numbers (some do not) but they are being sold "as is" with a "bill of sale". BJ nor GM does not guarantee that the car can be registered. They said that the reason is because many of the vehicles have been modified and GM does not certify that all vehicles meet all safety regulations.

It is up to the buyer and their state to handle any title/registration/inspection issues.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Is there a way to know what time of day (approximately) these will be on?

Edit: n/m, I think I found it. The 2 + 2 should be coming up very soon, possibly before the televised broadcast starts. The convertible is after 8:00 pm tonight.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 01-16-2009).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
2+2 went for 16k. Looks like some here had a pretty close estimate on it.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 01-16-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Haha, I love this auctioneer... "You're gonna lose your dream car for $1,000??"
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

fieroboom

2132 posts
Member since Oct 2008
So how many of these cars do you think will be sold on ebay for 2x or more? Some of these are going low as crap... '66 Impala SS for $25k ?!? If you saw that exact car on ebay, the starting bid would be at least $40k...
PFF
System Bot
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Little bit off topic....

Way for people to come through on that HIDEOUS Jeep. WTG people!

For those that aren't watching, someone "bought" it for 40k, then said re-auction it again, so he pretty much made a 40k donation to the charity the truck was being sold for.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

Little bit off topic....

Way for people to come through on that HIDEOUS Jeep. WTG people!

For those that aren't watching, someone "bought" it for 40k, then said re-auction it again, so he pretty much made a 40k donation to the charity the truck was being sold for.

He made another $5k donation after that too. All total, $95k from the Jeep. Must be nice.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
$17,600...I believe that is $16k plus the $1600 10% fee. Not sure. I had originally placed a hold bid at $30k (how high I would let me internet bid go since I couldn't attend) however the fact that you can't drive these cars...ever...and the scrap title drove my decision to withdrawl my bid. Well, in truth, those and talking with my wife. I was only looking at the 2+2 so I actually wasted a few bucks. Oh well. I have decided that instead I will pursue a V-8 or SBC Fiero which I can drive. You can't save them all.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Depends on the state. Ive 'unsalvaged' quite a few cars here for people. Theres always a way around it if you look hard enough. I know one person that bought a totalled 96 Corvette. I fixed it, he took it to Indiana and got it tagged there by a family member. brought it back the next summer and had the 'new' indiana titled transfered to a new clean Ohio. Really ethical....maybe not, but he didnt want to make money selling it...wants it to keep for next 30 years for himself. And like I said in another post, my Avenger didnt have any title. I just added a pop riveted VIN number plate on the door jam the DMV provided me and had it legally titled as a 69 Ford GT40 coupe. Some states dont even issue titles at all. Also in my personal case with my dealer tag, I can legally drive anything I want with it. I drove my 92 Thunderbird stock car racer for 1 1/2 years around town. It was a race car, cage, paint/decals, window netting. I put hidden tail lights in rear panel and front turn lights in the brake ducting vents. Dont need headlights or wipers. I even drove it around one whole summer with the open headers to car shows. Local cops finally made me put glass packs on it.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-16-2009).]

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post
Pontiac Fiero 2+2: $17,600.00
Registered Pennock's Members: 16,755
Individual cost for a Pennock's-wide group buy: $1.05

Man. Woulda been nice...
timgray

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Pontiac Fiero 2+2: $17,600.00
Registered Pennock's Members: 16,755
Individual cost for a Pennock's-wide group buy: $1.05

Man. Woulda been nice...

Problem is that out of that 16,755 I bet that less than 900 log in anymore. I have sold a total of 58 DVD's of the 25th., so I really doubt that the 16,755 members is far far larger than active members that log in.

If our fiero community was stronger and that large, we could have bought the prototypes and afford from yearly dues upkeep and paying for a proper storage facility. Having 50 different fiero clubs and no national club with local/state chapters is really hurting the Fiero community from being able to do exactly what you just said.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by timgray:

Problem is that out of that 16,755 I bet that less than 900 log in anymore. I have sold a total of 58 DVD's of the 25th.

The Fiero Community is also cheap! (I need to order my 25th DVD)

It's a shame about the 2+2.... Does anyone know who bought it? If I had that puppy I would figure out a way to register it, and make it my daily driver.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
The convertible sold for $9,900
Rick B
thane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thaneClick Here to visit thane's HomePageSend a Private Message to thaneDirect Link to This Post
I had a friend of mine who was out there bid the 2.2 up to 15k and it sold for 16. The winning bidder was a live bidder, not a phone or internet. My friend didn't stay all night so I wasn't able to bid on the convertible. Anyone know what engine was in the 2+2 and the pace car?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock