Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Looking for a few with slow power windows. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Looking for a few with slow power windows. by Rodney
Started on: 12-26-2008 09:35 AM
Replies: 44
Last post by: pswayne on 01-01-2009 10:21 AM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I have a new product for those with slow electric windows. This may help speed them up. I would like to send out a few free for R&D. Looking for owners that have very slow windows. I need some that can take the time to try it out ASAP after they receive it. I sent out one and have not had a reply so I am going to make up a few today so I can send a couple out. Do not ask for one if you are going to receive it and then tell me you have not had time to install it. Been there already.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
Rodney I would be glad to install your product in my sons 85 fiero. The windows go down and up slowly. I will send you a PM and will give you a quick response back. Thanks

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car
President of Mid Atlantic Fiero Owners Association

Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
i'd like to try it
timgray

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
Mine in my 86 gt are painfully slow.

I'll gladly give them a try.
larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
my 86 has slow windows....pm sent
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-26-2008 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-21-2009).]

thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comDirect Link to This Post
Rodney,

I would be glad to help.
Todd@thepress-room.com

That Todd Guy
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
if they will work on a 02 pontiac firebird im very interested let me know i have slow enough windows on it that if you dont assist the window it stops working for about 5 min
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Rodney,
I will be happy to try your newest work of art. Us Fiero guys are sure happy to have you

Cordially,
Kevin
kevinsullian1@comcast.net
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-26-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
Doesn't all of us with power windows have that problem now?

Im taking my doors apart this spring ( to swap skins and dew wipes ) if that helps any.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
ive got 4 fiero's with slow power windows, currently 2 are road legal, 4 are ready for the road, and one is in building progress (3800 s/c build)

matthew
PFF
System Bot
timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

Doesn't all of us with power windows have that problem now?

Im taking my doors apart this spring ( to swap skins and dew wipes ) if that helps any.

Nope. a buddy of mine with a very low miles indy has very good power windows. i'm jealous every time we ride in his car.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
Probably too late, but I'd be happy to test it out for you Rodney.

Rich
hurricanefloyd41

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hurricanefloyd41Send a Private Message to hurricanefloyd41Direct Link to This Post
i am willing to test the window fix for you just send it my way.
Floyd
cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you got great response Rodney. I will add my name to the list but I understand I am way down the list.

charlie
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
I'm in. I love tinkering with electrical stuff.
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
Ooo! Oooo!! Me too! Can I order one of your deck lid struts from ya while I'm at it?

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT Auto (fun car)
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Daily driver)

indydriver

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indydriverSend a Private Message to indydriverDirect Link to This Post
Rodney,
I have an 88 Formula with very slow windows. I'd be happy to give your product a try.
Dick in L.A.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Heck my window wont go all the way up on its own, is that slow enough LOL
Looks like you have enough volunteers so I look forward to a possible solution
heavyRfoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootDirect Link to This Post
Me Me Me i got to use my hand to push it up sometimes cause it doesnt go up fast at all.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Me, too. Drop me an email at jazzman@fierocentral.com if you want me to test. I can have it in as soon as I get it.

JazzMan

One is going to Jazzman. who else can install it ASAP once they get it? I only made up 2 for now. When you guys try it I could use some help with the installation instructions also.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

[This message has been edited by Rodney (edited 12-27-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Julian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JulianSend a Private Message to JulianDirect Link to This Post
Count me out Rodney. The season is too busy for me to play with my Mera. Please keep me posted if you decide to sell the fix for my slow windows at a later date.

------------------
Julian - MERA #8071

timgray

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timgrayClick Here to visit timgray's HomePageSend a Private Message to timgrayDirect Link to This Post
If it does not require dis-assembly of the entire door I can install it asap.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I can't install asap but when you're ready I sure will buy a set.
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I responded back to you first and told you that I could install it asap and would get right back to you with results. Doesthat not count for anything?

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

traderguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for traderguyDirect Link to This Post
Im temp. out of work and have nothing but time on my hands I would love to give it a try on my 88 they are so slow I only raise and lower them once a year..Dan
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by amflyer:

I responded back to you first and told you that I could install it asap and would get right back to you with results. Doesthat not count for anything?

amflyer gets the other one. Email me your address. rodney@rodneydickman.com

------------------
Rodney Dickman

www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to the results!
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-27-2008 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Looking forward to the results!

Ya me too. Might be able to take care of 2 problems at once this spring if that project works out by then. ( 3 if you count the paint )
vamper

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vamperSend a Private Message to vamperDirect Link to This Post
im interested in this fix also, i was a r&d tester for your diy phantom wiper fix, and i have a set of windows that both go up slow, even after a switch replacement to a 1996 firebird switch
amflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
I have e-mail you my address. Thanks

------------------
1984 Indy Pace Car

PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
I am definintely intereted in the fix, so keep me posted. Do not send me a freebie if it goes behind the door panel, (which I assume it does) I couldn't install it immediately.

Jim
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Does the fix only work on stock Fieros???

I have firebird switches (new) and still I could time the windows with a calendar they are so slow.
Blue3800scGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue3800scGTSend a Private Message to Blue3800scGTDirect Link to This Post
I have my doors apart right now for paint and new dew wipes I would love to try them.
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2008 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Rodney - you have more than enough interest and folks close enough that will help you test this out - please keep us posted. I think I can safely say that this is a problem with all the Fiero's.
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
dos anyone know WHY they're slowing?... & don't say they're auto-seniors...lol
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
What is the product ?
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of doors with power windows that I'm going to put on my 88 coupe whenever I get around to it. They have power windows, but not power locks in them. I was rigging up an aftermarket power lock in one the other day, and I had to raise and lower the window to get access to certain areas. I noticed it was going really slow, then I looked at the battery charger I was using to move the window, and it was switched to 6 volts, not 12. When I switched it to 12, the window moved just fine. So maybe, when a window is slow, the motor isn't seeing a full 12 volts for some reason or another -- maybe a bad connection somewhere.
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

dos anyone know WHY they're slowing?

I have mentioned this before here on PFF. I have fixed many slow / intermittent GM power windows. There is a current limiting resistor ( it is shown in the factory wiring diagram as a circuit breaker ) inside of the window motor housing. This resistor gets "weak" after years of use and the result is slow window movement or the window will go halfway up / down and stop, but will work again after a few minutes.

The "fix" is easy. I just apply a blob of solder on the terminals that hold the resistor in the motor brush housing. This bypasses the weak resistor, applying full +12VDC to the motor. The difficult part is removing the window motor, since you have to disassemble the motor to fix it. In some GM cars, the motor can be removed without taking out the whole regulator assembly.

The power window circuits are still protected by a circuit breaker located in the fuse box.

If you have checked all the mechanical parts of the window, lubed rollers, guides etc. and the window still fails, this is likely the problem.

This MAY be the fix that Rodney is wanting to test. If it is, you won't believe how good your windows work!
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2009 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I made up a few more to send out for R&D. As before - looking for those that can install it ASAP and let me know what they think of it.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

www.rodneydickman.com
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)