Started on: 11-01-2008 07:52 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: Kameo Kid on 01-28-2009 09:40 PM
Kameo Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
Are you looking for a good winter project? Well if you are and got a couple of bucks to spend I have one for you. After much time and thought I’ve decided to put the GT up for sale. The GT has been setting in the back of my garage and I’ve lost all interest in taking the GT to the level I once planned on. Here’s some history for those that don’t know the GT and I.
Sometime ago, I’ve lost time of the years, I sent the GT to California to West Coast Fieros for a 3.4 Turbo DOHC swap. They were paid a lot of monies and were supposed to have the GT for a couple of months but that turned in to a year. When the GT was returned it then went out for the first drive the turbo was in a tired state. The turbo was returned to WCF for a rebuild that was supposed to have been rebuilt. Well a month or so later the turbo was returned at no charge. After reinstalling it on the GT I took it out for a drive and with less than 15 miles put on the fresh turbo it was spraying for mosquitoes. After which the turbo was once again returned to WCF for the problem to be resolved. After yet another month or so and having the turbo rebuild by the owner of the company that did the work the first time if found it’s way back to the engine bay of the GT. I got to put some break in miles on the GT before putting it in storage for the winter.
The following spring I took the GT to Wheel to Wheel in Michigan where it was found to have a fuel problem on the dyno and was left for what was thought to be two weeks until they could get to the GT and resolve the issue. After about three weeks the GT was now fit with a new fuel pump that would feed a 650hp motor with no problem but the dyno still said that there was some sort of trouble with the swap. After sometime and talks between WCF and W2W it was found that there were some programming errors in the original program put into the Haltech computer by WCF. W2W would now have to build a new program for the fuel management computer from idle to Wide Open Throttle. That was a process due to the time it had been since the dyno operator had programmed a Haltech system. W2W said that a lot of the time would be wrote off due to the relearning of the Haltech system. Well after around 3 months and $3000 for parts and labor the GT came home.
Well it was time to enjoy the GT and on it’s maiden voyage to Summit Racing for an Optima battery for my S-10. On the way up to Summit (about 45 min drive for me) the GT was transformed from a boring 2.8 v6 to a very fun to drive 3.4 Turbo DOHC. I was returning from Summit and after leaving their parking lot I turned on to the On Ramp to the highway for the return voyage, which I was looking forward to. I was coming up the on ramp and there were about 3 semis coming in a line and not much room for me to move in, so I drop the GT in to 2nd gear and dropped the hammer, the turbo spooled and the GT was off, coming off the on ramp in the triple digit range and doing it with ease! I noticed a whisp of smoke in my rear view mirror and didn’t think much of it. On the return trip home, by the time I got home the GT was once again spraying for mosquitoes laying down a real fog when the throttle was released. Thinking again that the turbo was spent I was pissed. Long story short about that, the engine was said to have suffered from severe detonation. Unable to point any fingers at anyone with any certainty for the problem I put the GT in the back of the garage where it has remained for 3or 4 years now awaiting my decision for the repairs to be completed. I wasn’t sure if I was going to rebuild the 3.4 or just tear it all out and replace it with a more powerful V8.
I have finally come to peace with my decision and that is to part ways with the GT and I have no regrets with this. I have over 15k in the swap it self and I now am putting it on the forum to see if there is any interest by someone that would like to have this car. For now I’m gauging interest and taking offers for the GT. Please don’t turn this into some sort of discussion about try to get me to finish this project, I’m not interested. If your truly interested in buying the GT pm me with you offers and I will let you know if you are it’s new owner. I’m trying at this time to gauge the GT’s worth on this forum and to see if it stays on this forum. I would like to sell it as a whole project. So if your interested let me know. I think the month of Nov should be enough time to see if there are any takers.

Kameo Kid

------------------

still plays with cars..

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Wow, this sounds amazingly familiar. Granted I did it all low $$, but I have been through a lot of the same problems and repetitions.

I finally just ditched the turbo alltogether. I had a TON of problems with programming, and even with a new turbo it was still smoking shortly after I replaced it. 2 pistons, and one head gasket and a drive shaft later(all on seperate occasions), its a stock DOHC and finally running right.

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Wow, this sounds amazingly familiar. Granted I did it all low $$, but I have been through a lot of the same problems and repetitions.

I finally just ditched the turbo alltogether. I had a TON of problems with programming, and even with a new turbo it was still smoking shortly after I replaced it. 2 pistons, and one head gasket and a drive shaft later(all on seperate occasions), its a stock DOHC and finally running right.

If I had to lose the turbo, i would have never started this swap.
Ditkaphile

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DitkaphileSend a Private Message to DitkaphileDirect Link to This Post
While I haven't done any business with WCF, this isn't exactly inspiring me to do so. I get the impression (from all of my reading here on the forum) that they build good parts on paper, but the service end of their business seems to be lacking to some degree.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ditkaphile:

While I haven't done any business with WCF, this isn't exactly inspiring me to do so. I get the impression (from all of my reading here on the forum) that they build good parts on paper, but the service end of their business seems to be lacking to some degree.

as they sometimes say, "follow your instincts"
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
really really sorry to hear about your troubles. Who would have thought this would happen - I thought chris had that engine successfully running in his own car (?!)
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PaulJK:

really really sorry to hear about your troubles. Who would have thought this would happen - I thought chris had that engine successfully running in his own car (?!)

His car, not Kameo's.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
bumped
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I hear BMWGuru is pulling his V8
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
bumped!
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
hummm or maybe a spring project?
PFF
System Bot
USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kameo Kid:

hummm or maybe a spring project?

Hahhahhah!
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
NNNoooooooo dont sell it lol
hklvette

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hklvetteSend a Private Message to hklvetteDirect Link to This Post
If I wasn't a broke college student... That said, what type/ size rubber is underneath that car? Looks like something I'd be interested in using later down the line.
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomDirect Link to This Post

Are you looking for a good winter project? Well if you are and got a couple of bucks to spend I have one for you.

So exactly how much is "a couple of bucks" to you?

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com <<< >>> Build Thread

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

So exactly how much is "a couple of bucks" to you?

check your PM's
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
shame. Real shame.
I have always liked your car and what you have done with it. Very inspiring.
I won't say a thing about WCF, but yeah I feel what you feel about them I bet

Sell off that good lookin engine(How about a pic of it ) and throw a nice 3800SC or V8 in there and you'll be back!!
I think all it would take is a "good drive" in a car with one of those engines and you will be RE-Hooked into Fieros again.

Again Kameo, hard time calls for hard desisions sorry to hear this news.

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. 12" Vette Rotors,Custom stuff done

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

shame. Real shame.
I have always liked your car and what you have done with it. Very inspiring.
I won't say a thing about WCF, but yeah I feel what you feel about them I bet

Sell off that good lookin engine(How about a pic of it ) and throw a nice 3800SC or V8 in there and you'll be back!!
I think all it would take is a "good drive" in a car with one of those engines and you will be RE-Hooked into Fieros again.

Again Kameo, hard time calls for hard desisions sorry to hear this news.

Well that good looking motor is just a big shiny paper weight now. I've ridden in Skitime's 3800sc and California Kid's V8 so I know what it's like and it's a thrill in both. I liked the new personality that the 3.4 DOHC Turbo gave my right foot, it was fun but as you said "hard times call for hard decisions". The GT has been setting in the back corner of the garage for several years now giving me a lot of time to think about what I want.

I want something that is fun to drive and reliable. I want something that has a high rev motor with enough power to make it a delightful and fun to run it through the gears. I want something that handles like it is on rails. I want something that the aftermarket makes a lot of stuff for.

Our (Fiero community) has little to no aftermarket ! Anyone goto SEMA this year and see anything that was Just for a Fiero. I doubt it. If there is someone out there that does make something you have to be very careful of who you deal with.

Well I drove something a couple of months back that was everything the Fiero isn't and that everyone tries to turn the Fiero into.

How's this sound for a "stock" from the factory car?

Let's start with an "X" frame with double wishbone suspension at all four corners, making it handle like it was on rails. A mid engine design that gives it 50/50 weight distribution.
an engine that is all aluminum, forged internals. And an engine that not too long ago was the most powerful normally aspirated motor ON THE PLANET ! If the 8 liter motor that came in the 2003 Viper put out as much power as the motor i'm talking about it would have put out 960hp not 450hp. Also has a redline of 9000. That motor is then mated to a very tight shifting 6 speed tranny making it a joy to row through the gears.

And the after market is going through the roof for this car !!

Well not only did I drive such a car, I bought it and it was the first time I've ever driven one.. It made up my mind on selling the Fiero.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post

Let's start with an "X" frame with double wishbone suspension at all four corners, making it handle like it was on rails. A mid engine design that gives it 50/50 weight distribution.
an engine that is all aluminum, forged internals. And an engine that not too long ago was the most powerful normally aspirated motor ON THE PLANET ! If the 8 liter motor that came in the 2003 Viper put out as much power as the motor i'm talking about it would have put out 960hp not 450hp. Also has a redline of 9000. That motor is then mated to a very tight shifting 6 speed tranny making it a joy to row through the gears.

or

I guess that's what I'm trying to finish building, only more unique

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

or

I guess that's what I'm trying to finish building, only more unique

well the NSX only makes about 84hp per liter and the motor i'm talking about makes 123hp per liter, the NSX's redline is 8k, not 9k..
Unsafe At Any Speed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedDirect Link to This Post
I'd say S2000 but you said mid-engined.

Anyway, wrong section?

------------------

My Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

NO you would be correct, it is a Front Mid engine because the engine sits behind the front axles. Most people don't think of a car being a mid-engine if it's up front. I googled 2003 Honda S2000 and was just amazed with this little sports car. Every article I read I was won over by the little car. The one I bought is a 2003 and only has 5900 miles on it. I decided the 2nd time I drove the car that I was going to make it mine. There is so much after market stuff for it too. It was Honda's 50th birthday present to it'sself in 2000 and it's pretty much a factory race car for the street.

nice answer.

[This message has been edited by Kameo Kid (edited 12-08-2008).]

Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:
Anyway, wrong section?

S2000 had crossed my mind until I remembered telling the Honda rep at the Detroit Auto Show that I felt the Civic Del Sol was more Mid-Engine that the S2000.

Nice car though - enjoy!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

If I had to lose the turbo, i would have never started this swap.

I am sorry your dreams weren't met with the DOHC. I would like to turbo mine but I find it easiery to just upgrade to a N* although the DOHC with boost is a marvelous combination that can't be beat, IMO
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
so whats this magical price again?

matthew
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

so whats this magical price again?

matthew

Again? It was never givin! I have atleast 25k in the GT. It is going to need the motor taken out and either rebuild or replaced. Then the programming is going to have to be checked so you don't hurt anything. The Turbo has just had a fresh rebuild. So if you can do the work yourself you save money, if you can't it will cost more.. So what is it worth to you? I'm not going to give it away but I'm not thinking mega bucks either. Serious inquires only..
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
bump it
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
NOW I know... now I know how all those barn finds got put in the barn. If I had a barn I think that is where the GT would end up, under a tarp stuffed in a corner untill the next chapter unfolds.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2009 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
well is the GT worth 13k to anyone, I've got more than that in the engine swap and chrome under the front hood. If so send me a pm
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post
So what's worth to anyone ???
Nohbdy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NohbdySend a Private Message to NohbdyDirect Link to This Post
damn i wish i had the money... beautiful car. hope someone buys it from u and gets it running, it deserves another chance
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
thats def one good looking car, too bad im a broke mofo....

altho i have to wonder, is a car that needs an engine worth that much? you have to think with engine swaps, you can really only get the value of the used parts, not the cost of the labor to have them installed/tuned....

i wish u the best of luck, you really made that car look good. sorry you have had so many problems.
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:

thats def one good looking car, too bad im a broke mofo....

altho i have to wonder, is a car that needs an engine worth that much? you have to think with engine swaps, you can really only get the value of the used parts, not the cost of the labor to have them installed/tuned....

i wish u the best of luck, you really made that car look good. sorry you have had so many problems.

yeah maybe I should just part it out...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock