Started on: 10-02-2008 03:41 PM
Replies: 24
Last post by: Francis T on 10-04-2008 12:53 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

Ran across this Fiero in El Paso today! I have not seen one like this. Anyone else? Is this a body kit or do you think it's a one of a kind? I like the wheels!

Pat

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
That's a one off. The owner took the front and rear bumpers off and made his own out of what looks like sheet metal.
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
The bumpers are way too angular for my taste. They almost look like someone took a great big knife and sliced the rest off.

To each their own.
reverend

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reverendSend a Private Message to reverendDirect Link to This Post
That looks more like a Saab Sonet I think. The front and rear look like one. They are rather rare. That is just a guess.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/...Saab_Sonett_III.aspx

[This message has been edited by reverend (edited 10-02-2008).]

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
It's a Fiero built to resemble a Saab Sonnett. I personally don't like it.....a little too fugly for my taste.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I knew there was a car out there that it looked like. Just could not make the connection.
reverend

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reverendSend a Private Message to reverendDirect Link to This Post
After posting that info I started looking a little closer, the roof did not look like a Sonet. But the Sonet had a front end that I hated and it has always stuck in my mind. Like a nightmare.
What a waste of a Fiero.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Hey all,

Ran across this Fiero in El Paso today! I have not seen one like this. Anyone else? Is this a body kit or do you think it's a one of a kind? I like the wheels!

Pat

I like the rims.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post
I'm not wild about the rear being at such an angle, but I like it.
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

kyunderdawg

4373 posts
Member since Aug 2008
The front kinda reminds me of a 70's Lancia Stratos.
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Man, that's a weird one...it looks like some old UFO !!

PFF
System Bot
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
That's what happens when a Fiero and a Gremlin gets together one night and boom............there it is!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
Actually... I really like it. I always loved Wedge looking cars... the Esprit being one of my favorites.

On that car... were it mine... I'd just modify the back to incorporate the exhaust somewhere in there to break up the large space... but yeah... I dig that.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
You can't see it in the pics but the exhaust is in the center / low. I think maybe some sort of defuser in the back with soime exoctic exhaust would improve the back. Still not sure about the front though. Maybe flush mount headlights?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I like it. Enough.
What does that fender badge say ?
CaliforniaSpeeder9

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CaliforniaSpeeder9Click Here to visit CaliforniaSpeeder9's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaliforniaSpeeder9Direct Link to This Post
Im not diggin that rear end
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Pat....where did you see that thing? Looks like in the old Sunset Heights historic district.....or at least somewhere on Montana between Mesa and Copia.

To each his own I guess, but not quite my cup of Joe.
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
I like the front quite a bit actually, the back would be better with the cutout for dual exhaust, but overall I think it works.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Pat....where did you see that thing? Looks like in the old Sunset Heights historic district.....or at least somewhere on Montana between Mesa and Copia.

To each his own I guess, but not quite my cup of Joe.

Hey there Friz....,

You are right.... Just off of Montana a few blocks east of the cop shop / Piedras. Had Texas plates but never seen it before. I thought I had most of the Fiero's spotted here.... You never know where one will turn up. I do like the wheels thopugh..... They would look better on my 86.....

later

Pat
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Hey Pat....I'm out of town this weekend, but you wanna grab lunch next weekend? I can see if we can round everyone up. I still need to run by your place and pickup the seat bottom.
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

I like it. Enough.
What does that fender badge say ?

It looks like the fender badge is actually a relocated nose badge. Hmm

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I do not like the exact contours of the front and rear, but do like the thought of reworking those two areas and give the guy/gal props for doing the mod and being different.

From the side, the rear looks decent, but there needs to be some more work on the backside to make it flow better with the car. The front is too pointy for me, I think I would prefer something that makes the front shorter as well (like a fascia that only protruded 2-3 inches past the hood.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:
It looks like the fender badge is actually a relocated nose badge. Hmm

Good eye, . Hmm indeed.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-04-2008).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Hey Pat....I'm out of town this weekend, but you wanna grab lunch next weekend? I can see if we can round everyone up. I still need to run by your place and pickup the seat bottom.

I'm ready for a run......... Come get that seat! I may be ready to stuf a motor by next Sunday if I can stay home all week..... I'll give you a call first of the week....

Pat
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Kind of neat looking. I think the rear would look a bit better with some type vents, GT-40ish perhaps. Just seems a bit too much for nothing to be happing. Could be just me. And sure does look like some Saab prototype or whatever.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock