Started on: 09-30-2008 01:04 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: twofatguys on 10-02-2008 12:58 PM
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I now have a L67 Fiero Major props to Ryan (fieroX on here) and the rest of the crew at FTWMotorsports. When Ryan first started talking about opening a shop a had easily a million questions and he always took time to help explain things. When I wanted to go out and drop a bunch of money for something I didn't necessarily need he would let me know that I could do that but here is how he did it and what he ran. I wasn't looking for anything incredibly fast but something quick and reliable and Ryan kept me aimed in the right direction. He put up with the endless questions I had until he got the shop open and then even more questions once he had the car and the swap started. They did an awesome job on the car even with the tight schedule that I had for them. Don't have any real good pictures yet been to busy driving it but I'm gonna try to get some video in the next couple of days. Thanks again guys. I'll post the videos and some better pictures eventually lol
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, and thats a nice looking install. It looks like it was always there.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Don't have any real good pictures yet been to busy driving it but I'm gonna try to get some video in the next couple of days. Thanks again guys. I'll post the videos and some better pictures eventually lol

That is usually the problem with engine swaps, Too much time spent enjoying them.

Looks great!

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
Congrats on the new powertrain!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks great man. I watched this swap go together in about 2 weeks! Glad I got to meet ya! I wish my car was running right about now BTW, I have a bunch of pictures and a few videos too of your car. Let me know and I can send them to you through AIM or something. Oh and your car sounds real good with the Spintech...makes me want to get rid of my ridiculous loud setup for something like that, lol. Later man.

-Amir

Here are the pics...videos will be up from what I have in just a few minutes.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)
NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 09-30-2008).]

BabyVet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BabyVetSend a Private Message to BabyVetDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! Good job Ryan and i'll be waiting for the vids!!!!!!!!! glad to see it
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
And here are the 2 videos I have...they aren't much but hey it's a few videos more than we have right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXNuFLkSrTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56MWWmtU79s
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Glad I could be of service Mike. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. I believe that every Fiero owner should have a 3800. Or at least drive one to see what they are all about. Even Archie

Nice videos Amir, I love my outfit in the 2nd one, the only day I didnt wear my uniform cause I was running out from working through the weekend. Whats up with the audio? sounds weird.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
I have video just gotta upload it. Headed to work right now but I'll post it up 1st thing tomorrow morning after work.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post09-30-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
I'll be waiting, I'm using the same exhaust. I want to know what it sounds like when you're on the throttle.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
At school now but will get it posted asap. The digital camera saved it in some weird format so I have to convert it. I'll get it on youtube one way or another tonight.

Originally posted by Emc209i:
I'll be waiting, I'm using the same exhaust. I want to know what it sounds like when you're on the throttle.

It sounds mean on start up and around 3k or so rpm all the sudden all you hear is whine. I get alot of resonance in the cab at highway cruising around 65 but I think that's because the exhaust isn't complete. Haven't decided on tips yet so its just running out the muffler but I'll get that fixed shortly.
PFF
System Bot
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
What was the final cost in the end of the swap if you don't mind my asking? Was this a 2.8 to begin with or a duke? Anything special that drove the cost up? Did you provide the motor/trans or did FieroX drop in a crate motor/scrapyard motor?
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Base swap is about $6k or about $6500 after tax. I had some extra stuff done (powder coating and what not). It started out as a iron duke 2.5 with a th125. Ryan(fieroX) provided the engine/trans. Only thing is it has a 4cyl tach so it reads high but that was not a concern for me. Need a speedo that goes higher anyways. 85mph speedo just won't cut it anymore Ryan's shop is awesome and he can do a ton of the work in house to cut down on costs which is awesome. Found tips for the car today and just looking for a muffler shop that has the time and can do mandrel bends now.

:EDIT: Videos up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bdjX5BDAXE

[This message has been edited by Silentassassin185 (edited 10-01-2008).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Stock springs? I dont see that front end lifting like mine does!

Looks and sounds pretty neat, typical of a 3800 swap.

Just heard the "if you get your truck stuck, you can use the fiero to pull it out", and that is a very accurate statement.... I pulled a 3800lb supra home with my L67 fiero flat tow about 48 miles at 65mph.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Nope lowering springs from I forget where and Koni Reds on all four corners
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2008 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

Nope lowering springs from I forget where and Koni Reds on all four corners

I knew it! (I didnt think ryan would let a slow turd out the door)
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2008 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
Really really nice Mike.

I was kinda depressed that you didn't play more, that whine from behind is something that makes me drool.

Who here thinks the "commentator" sounds just like Ross the Intern? (Somebody else pointed it out to me )

Brad

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock