Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Where can I get clear lenses to cover the front turn signal holes?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where can I get clear lenses to cover the front turn signal holes? by RACE
Started on: 09-14-2008 07:20 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: LilRedT-Top on 09-25-2008 02:00 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Where can I get clear lenses to cover the front turn signal holes? After reading the aero-nose post I want to update the look of my front end. + to the person who can send me a link with the best price.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
Kris Munson makes them. I got a pair from him, but it took me 2 months to get a hold of him. If you do a search, you'll find threads like these. There a great product, and super cheap,but it seems really hard to get a hold of him.

Good luck in your search
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I tired getting a set of the tinted ones and he hever got back to me so if some one ends up getting a hold of im please lmk.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
If anyone has a pair already, please describe how they are mounted to the bumper. A photo would be even better. Also, how thick is the lense?
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
If your goal is to change the look, try this.

Just paint the holes flat black. It gives the illusion that they are covered without any extra parts or hardware. It fooled a lot of people at the 25th!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

larini74

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Email Kris Munson @ kmunson56@netscape.net
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
They are extremely easy to install. There is a clip that you place in the top of the turn signal opening, toward the back. Then, you press the cover into place, making sure the top of it contacts the clip.

Instructions come with the covers. They take about 10-15 minutes to install.

They can be removed and leave no holes or damage.

I have an extra set of them (the clear) from him so if someone wants them PM me an offer.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 09-15-2008).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Oreif, pm sent.

Edit: Jarhead 2m4, that is not exactly what I had in mind for them but you are in the ballpark. Looks good.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-15-2008).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
how much do they normally go for?
Kyle1016

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle1016Send a Private Message to Kyle1016Direct Link to This Post
if i remember correctly, i got mine for 35 shipped.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Oreif, pm sent.

Edit: Jarhead 2m4, that is not exactly what I had in mind for them but you are in the ballpark. Looks good.

Replied.
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I decided that my original idea wouldn't look very good after getting a good look at the front turn signal assembly. My original idea was to create the look of a newer style deep turn signal using chrome tape on the walls of the hole in the bumper between the turn signal assembly and the new cover. The angles are wrong for reflecting light. I tested the idea using tin foil before spending $30 on a roll of chrome tape. - No good. Even if the walls were perfectly reflective, the lens of the light assembly has the wrong look and it's too dim for what I was after.

After spending about 40 minutes in the garage looking at it I plan to bump out the light assembly three inches using spacers and longer screws. Then I will install the new covers and black out the walls of the hole in the bumper behind them. It should give the front of the car a more finished look. It will also make the light assembly more visible from the front and sides of the car because it won't be 5 inches deep into a hole anymore. Because of that it should have a brighter overall appearance even thought the lens has a slight tint. If I can buy brighter bulbs to compensate I will do that as well. - Preferably LEDs.

I'll try to post a photo when its done tomorrow.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
They are in and they look great.

I used some water tubing as a spacer to bump forward the turn signal light assembly. I could only find three inch screws in that thread pattern. I would have liked to have used 4 inch and bump them out another inch but hey weren't available so I had to make due.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Bringing the lights out from deep in their hiding place helped the look of the front end all by its self. I should have done this a long time ago.

Here is a shot of the difference. The driver's side lens has been brought forward. The passenger side is still back in the stock location.

I couldn't really get a good shot of how they look in the day due to the glare and the limits of my old 1.3 mega pixel camera but here they are.

Before

After

Night

What do you think? Pardon my dead bugs. I actually drive this car.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I think I would leave the covers off! It looks great!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I considereW that too but covers finish the look. Then I got a good look at it I decided that the front turn signal lights have the high quality construction and finish that you would expect to find on a homemade trailer. There is a reason that Pontiac buried them so deep into the bumper.
LilRedT-Top

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2008 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilRedT-TopSend a Private Message to LilRedT-TopDirect Link to This Post
Your best bet to get in touch w/ Kris is to call him 352-591-4308 leave a message. Cell # 352-274-0549 leave a message his cell coverage at work is nill to none. Hopefully our email will be up when we get home: Windstream (Alltell) is having issues. Hope this helps.

Audrey his wifeeeee

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock