GTA FIERO CRUISE: NIAGARA WINE ROUTE: SEPT 21 by OHNIKO
Started on: 09-07-2008 09:22 PM
Replies: 32
Last post by: gaas88 on 10-20-2008 05:19 PM
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2008 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
Sunday Sept. 21st - Niagara Wine Route: Stoney Creek to Port Dalhousie; stops at 2 wineries

-VERY POPULAR & SCENIC

..... this one is is a nice, leisurely scenic route through some quaint towns, stopping at 2 wineries, one with a covered bridge.,
historic wine route,

Part of this route is quite popular with bikers & other car clubs alike as it crests part of the Escarpment for quite a while.
Meet up time: 10:00 am at Time Horton's at QEW & Centennial Pkwy (just off QEW) in Stoney Creek
(or at Lothar's house if he volunteers again, haha)
depart: 10:15 ish am

lunch in Pt Dalhousie afterwards

Optional Niagara Pkwy Cruise (Pt Dalhousie to Ft Erie) afterwards if there's further interest afterwards...

more details to follow....

ps. master list is here for reference:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/069488.html

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 09-07-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
HERE are some teaser pics from last year's run of this cruise...

thecage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageDirect Link to This Post
Hey Nick.............the weather better hold out for this one. Was looking forward to the last one but got rained out. This is a beautiful run and won't miss it.

Gabe

------------------

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
We'll be coming Nick, too bad about the last one......Lothar & Fran
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2008 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Nick,
This is the only Fiero event my wife gets excited about - let's hope we get great weather like last year.
Gene & Sandi
87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Hey Nick,
I think that meeting at my house as I suggested would be a GREAT idea. How's coffee and goodies on the back patio sound (weather permitting). Otherwise we would have to settle for the front porch.
Lothar & Fran,
10 Seville Court,
Stoney Creek,On

Let me know if that's o.k with everyone.....Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)
1987 Fiero Coup Convertible 3.8 S.C.

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
sure, that's cool Lothar,

what time to meet at your place before we head out then? about 9 or 9:30?
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Can I come, can I come???? Seriously we are hoping to make this one if you guys will have us
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
We're in and I'll meet at Lothar's
Nick - first one looks like Hernders, which one was second last year?

Ryan

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2008 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
I think if we want to hang out for a while, talk and visit, before the drive......then I'd say 9:00AM. I'll leave that call to you though, we're here anyway. Let's hope for GREAT weather like we've had in the past.........Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

Can I come, can I come???? Seriously we are hoping to make this one if you guys will have us

For sure, for sure, come on down....this is a GREAT cruise.....Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

PFF
System Bot
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

We're in and I'll meet at Lothar's
Nick - first one looks like Hernders, which one was second last year?

Ryan

we 1st drop in at Vineland Estates then Herdner's afterwards...the optional stop is at Konzelmann's later...

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO

2124 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 87spyder:

10 Seville Court,
Stoney Creek,On

is this off of Fruitland rd? (& what can we bring? aside from a whole bunch of Fiero's?!!)

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 09-15-2008).]

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Directions:
From whichever direction your coming from...Niagara, Toronto, or Hwy 403:
Take the QEW towards Hamilton/Stoney Creek and get off at Fruitland Road. Follow Fruitland Road towards the escarpment (south), until you get to the lights at Hwy #8. Turn right at Hwy #8 and go to the next set of lights at Dewitt Road. Turn left at Dewitt Road (heading towards the escarpment again). The second street on your left is Midway. Turn left there, and then your first right is Seville Court #10. Hoping for lots of Fieros in the driveway for pictures.....Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
our American/Buffalo/west NY friends are invited too , of course!
87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone,
Can you please post here, or on the GT Fiero Forum, if you are coming to my place for coffee on Sunday Sept. 21st, before our cruise. Just like to know how many to expect.....Thanks, Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

Larryh86GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larryh86GTSend a Private Message to Larryh86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87spyder:

Hi everyone,
Can you please post here, or on the GT Fiero Forum, if you are coming to my place for coffee on Sunday Sept. 21st, before our cruise. Just like to know how many to expect.....Thanks, Lothar

I would like to make it if time permits. I won't know til Sunday morning. So if I show up unannounced I won't expect coffee.
Larry

Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Count Sue and I in Lothar
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
me, plus maybe 1 more...
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
BUMP for the weekend crowd & for those surfing Friday afternoon!

WX: Sunday Sunny. Low 9. High 18.

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 09-19-2008).]

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Dive safely everybody,
Hope to see you all at my place around 9:00AM......Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

PFF
System Bot
Dave E Bouy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys it was a great day even if the sun didn't shine

Again we had a great time. Thanks to Lothar and Fran for putting on a nice spread in the a.m. and thanks to OHNIKO for for planning and leading these cruises every few weeks. Next one is Oct. 5
thecage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thecageSend a Private Message to thecageDirect Link to This Post
Well it was a wonderful full day of cruising with great friends. This is one of the favorite cruises of the year. Here are some pictures I took for your enjoyment

We had a special treat at one of the wineries when we met the owner who is a car guy and he took us to his private garage to show us his collection. I would like to thank Mr Hernder of (Hernder Estate Wines) for taking us to his man cave, as Gene named it.

A beautiful 1959 Corvette pictured above along with (1958 Chevy Impala, Corvair, 1973 Beetle convertable & another Chevy in progress) I know some of the other cruisers got pictures of all the cars I hope they post them)

87spyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2008 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87spyderSend a Private Message to 87spyderDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Nick and everyone for coming down and making it a GREAT day for Fran & I.....can't wait for the next cruise.....Lothar

------------------
1988 Fiero GT (Stock)

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
what made it a success was the company, the hosts & the attendees!

I'll re-iterate the big thanks to Fran & Lothar for their hospitality at their wonderful home. It was worth seeing Lothar's garage on it's own!

The private collection, wine tasting & lunch was good too. Too bad we didn't get as much sun as called for, (complaint has been filed).

bonus: no one got lost!

The Niagara portion went well too afterwards. I hope everyone got home safely & didn't get reamed out for being late !

I have some pics to come when i get around to down/uploading them.

see you at the next one, link is forthcoming...

[This message has been edited by OHNIKO (edited 09-22-2008).]

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I've missed alot of cruises working up north, looks like another great turn out. Well took my own little cruise on highway 17 from North Bay to Hagar. Would have been better if I had 10 fiero's following me

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

found this though on my drive

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

------------------

silverbullet910

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2008 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverbullet910Send a Private Message to silverbullet910Direct Link to This Post
Very nice, part of the joy of owning a Fiero is spending time on a twisty road with good frends. Add to that a bottle of the grape and your best friend in the other seat and that is heaven.
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2008 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Lothar and Nick as excellent hosts for this event and everyone who supported it by participating.
As a Niagara local, I decided to follow Nick all the way to Fort Erie - and yes the sun did come out
Thanks for the gas pitstop as well - I figure about $50 spent on that cruise and worth every penny!
Don't forget the lunch - one of my favourite parts as it gave us time to catch up and chat.

Ryan

Here's my pics:

Cheers
Fiero2m8
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
Damn guys... looks like i missed a HELL of a time! next year im BOOKING that day off work for SURE! Glad to see it was beautiful out too

Andy

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2008 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Can anyone tell me anything about these headlights ??

I like !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
bump anybody know the ferrari's owner ?
PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Yeah, he's in the yellow shirt

I'll keep on page 1 so the other guys can see it.

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
Exoticse

The 328 GTS in the driveway belongs to me (Gene) gaas88 is my Pennock's handle
The Testarossa belongs to a friend (Paul) - he doesn't post on Pennock's

328 GTS has 3800 SC 1 with a 4 speed auto 4T60 transmission
Testarossa has 3800 SC II with a Muncie 4 speed manual

Both cars are perfectly detailed as you can see - we both have the Fiero interiors

Thanks for asking

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock