Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Cameron Park, Calif. Show and Shine (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Cameron Park, Calif. Show and Shine by rdprowse
Started on: 07-08-2007 07:33 PM
Replies: 67
Last post by: rdprowse on 09-22-2008 07:30 PM
rdprowse

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
The Soroptimist Club of Cameron Park puts on a car show every September. It's a nice show with alot of great cars. The show is on Saturday September 19th. You can pre-register for $25.00 or it's $30.00 the day of the show. Set up is from 7:00 to 9;00 am with awards at 2:00 pm. It would be great to see some more Fiero's at the show. You can e-mail me with any questions or the show promoters contact information is CPShowandshine@yahoo.com or Pam Gossoo at 530-672-1960.

[This message has been edited by rdprowse (edited 08-15-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
WhiteDevil88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post07-08-2007 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
That looks like a nice show.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
It looks like they have planes there. Is it a fly-in, as well?
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

It looks like they have planes there. Is it a fly-in, as well?

Yes it's a fly in too. On the flyer it says, Cars, Motorcycles, Food, Music and Venders. I was trying to post the flyer but I can't seem to get it to work.
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

rdprowse

176 posts
Member since May 2005
I think it was last last year there were three of us. Here's a picture
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
That might work. I'm actually without plans that week!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
As much as I love driving Fieros, I plan to fly in!

Thanks for posting the info, Rich. I hope to see you there.
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2007 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
It's always great to see fellow Fiero Fans with or without their cars.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Oh man! I remember you posting about this show in the past! It would be a perfect opportunity to bring both our cars up and Jerry's cousins in Sacramento could come over and see the Hudson, but, alas, the San Francisco Blues Festival is that weekend and it's a special show both days for the 35th Anniversary! Cameron Park's great for a fly-in too! I hate when I can't figure out how to be two places at once! Maybe we can plan on it next year.

JC
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gldkarma:

Oh man! I remember you posting about this show in the past! It would be a perfect opportunity to bring both our cars up and Jerry's cousins in Sacramento could come over and see the Hudson, but, alas, the San Francisco Blues Festival is that weekend and it's a special show both days for the 35th Anniversary! Cameron Park's great for a fly-in too! I hate when I can't figure out how to be two places at once! Maybe we can plan on it next year.

JC

Yes, next year maybe we could get a big group together.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Hay - this looks interesting - right in my backyard - wait a minute, that’s my red GT in the pic LoL

Hell getting old, can't remember all the shows you enter.

http://www.cameronparkcorve...&Shine_Fly-In_07.jpg

Count me in
PFF
System Bot
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
Great to hear back from you Carl
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Exactly where is Cameron Park (sorry for my ignorance)? This looks like a pretty nice Car show..............

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

Exactly where is Cameron Park (sorry for my ignorance)? This looks like a pretty nice Car show..............

About 30 miles east of Sacramento.

kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John..........

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Sounds interesting....I think I can make this one. Well, as long as I dont have to work that saturday.
Never seem to know till the day before with my job.....

Rich, would it be better for all of us (who are going) to meet at your place early saturday morning and drive
in together? Oh, and by the way I wont be taking my Fiero. I will be taking the Reatta instead....

Kit / 86 GT / 90 Buick Reatta
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
I would love to see more Fiero's at my place but my house actually backs up to Highway 880 near Roseville so I'm about a half hour away from the Show and Shine. My house is always open to fellow Fiero Folks but I would imagine it would be quicker and or easyer to meet at the Highway 50 and Cameron Park exit. I will take a drive up there this weekend and scout something out.
I think there is a grocery store and some gas stations and a Jack in the Box right at the exit.
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Looks like my calendar is clear that weekend - I'll be there!
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
All right. I think that's three cars so far. Almost a record for Fiero's at the Show and Shine. Sweet!
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post07-12-2007 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
Can't let a local thread fall too far on the list.......Bump
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
I drove up to the Cameron Park exit today and looked around. There are various restuarants and fast food as well as a Motel 6. I think a good place to meet would be the Shell Station right as you get of the freeway. There are a few parking spots and a couple of benches right behind the station. The station is on the corner of Cameron Park Dr. and Coach Ln. I took a picture of the spot.
Now I'm maybe having some company come from Canada in September and I wont find out until August. If my company is not here that weekend I have a 21 foot camp trailer that sleeps four and if anyone would like to come up Friday from out of town and stay, BBQ, talk cars and maybe have a beer I would love it. It is 26 miles from my place to the Show and Shine or about 25 minutes.
Rich

PFF
System Bot
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Rich

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RichSend a Private Message to RichDirect Link to This Post
Bump
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Maybe visit some friends in the area.
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump to keep it close to the top
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SILVERMIST:

Looks like I'll be able to make this one. Maybe visit some friends in the area.

It will be great to see you Silvermist September will be her before we know it.
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
Bumpsky for September, come one come all to the Show and Shine
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post
Just another nudge from Mrs Bear. Looking forward to flying in and seeing all those Fieros lined up at the show!
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrsBear:

Just another nudge from Mrs Bear. Looking forward to flying in and seeing all those Fieros lined up at the show!

Would you settle for a slightly smaller line of Fieros with a Reatta at the end of it?

Kit
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post
Fieros, Friends, who cares... It's fun either way.

Rich if you have got a flyer on this show please send it in an email to me so I can broadcast it out and see if we can get a few more Fieros joining us! You have been working on this with the Bear and he doesn't seem to have the info for me to send out.

Please let me know all your info and where and when you plan to meet up before the show so I can let anyone interested know about it.

Mary
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Hay - this looks interesting - right in my backyard - wait a minute, that’s my red GT in the pic LoL

Hell getting old, can't remember all the shows you enter.

http://www.cameronparkcorve...&Shine_Fly-In_07.jpg

Count me in
Flyer above ;^)

MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rdprowse:

I drove up to the Cameron Park exit today and looked around. There are various restuarants and fast food as well as a Motel 6. I think a good place to meet would be the Shell Station right as you get of the freeway. There are a few parking spots and a couple of benches right behind the station. The station is on the corner of Cameron Park Dr. and Coach Ln. I took a picture of the spot.
Rich

What time should I tell them to meet you at the Shell station and what time will you be leaving to go to the show?

Mary
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump for an answer to Mary's question
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2007 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post
I will get there between 7:30 and 8:00. I would say 8:00 to 8:30 would be fine. If anyone is late, to get to Show and Shine from the meeting place at the Shell, you go back under Highway 50 on Cameron Park Dr. till you see Oxford, turn left, go till you see Fairway turn right and your there.
Rich
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post
So who is going? Send me your cell phone in a PM so we can find you at the show!

Mary
rdprowse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rdprowseSend a Private Message to rdprowseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kitskaboodle:

Would you settle for a slightly smaller line of Fieros with a Reatta at the end of it?

Kit

Reatta's are welcome too Kit. My neighbor Ken is bringing his Mustang.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
i will be there, but not with the hoodless wonder! the jeep is going with me on this trip!
-kevin
MrsBear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrsBearSend a Private Message to MrsBearDirect Link to This Post
From Golden Gate Fieros we should have:

Kit Driving a Riata
Todd Driving a Fiero
Roy Driving a Fiero

John and Mary (Flying in)

Possibly coming too.
Michael
Brian

Hoping to get more! Anyone attending please RSVP to Richard so he will know to expect you at the Shell Station before the show!
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2007 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock