Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New and Improved Fiero Badges... (Page 7)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
New and Improved Fiero Badges... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-29-2006 11:51 PM
Replies: 355
Last post by: Greg Z on 02-14-2009 11:11 AM
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2007 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
I wanna see 'em!!!
IP: Logged
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
just a bump for other people, sent you a PM back F-I-E-R-O

not sure who has recieved a pm from him, but he's got a few issues quality wise with the badges. From what I see looks fine.. hopefully you don't mind me posting a pic or more info about these. Just trying to put people at ease with this think were all a wee bit anxious.

some more then others *whistling*

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 01-19-2007).]

Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2007 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Well you weren't supposed to actually understand my clue!

Hope F-I-E-R-O isn't upset I dropped that hint... got a "concerned" PM from him regarding that post earlier... lol.

Still, I agree, it's kicking ass!

edit: You could have posted the image thumbnail instead... *whistle*

[This message has been edited by Falcon4 (edited 01-19-2007).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
NICE!
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
OK, here goes...

I've been playing with the badges. Having them come in as a solid doesn't give them enough contrast to be able to see the design very well. I'm working on different techniques that will make me happy with the final product so please bear with me. The badges shown above are three samples of what I have come up with so far. I'm doing some more research on options available to make these as perfect as I can get them. I want to make sure that what goes out is the best that they can be. There are alot of great ideas out there for filling in the depressed areas to offset the design. So far, the all black and red/black look promising. The silver was done rather quickly and would not represent the best that can be accomplished but I wanted to get something out for you to see. Coloring the background makes a huge difference and looks pretty good in person. Any suggestions are welcome.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

OK, here goes...

The red/black one is F*CKING SEXY!!!!

I'd like to see what Orief could do with one or two of them.

[This message has been edited by datacop (edited 01-19-2007).]

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I like the black!
87GT_97114

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT_97114Click Here to visit 87GT_97114's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87GT_97114Direct Link to This Post
I just got me a V8! Put me down for a silver V8 if you have any left.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Holy crap !!

Those look awesome !

Great job.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
You be sure to make that set of 3.4 DOHC badges, I'm down for one INDEFFINATLY!!!!!!

Once again you are in my full confidences!
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2007 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
holy MACROL those are nice! wow......!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
kwagner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
The black and red/black ones look really nice!
fastback 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll take all three of mine in black please
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Pardon my opinion, but that looks more like chrome or nickel plating than silver to me. How much is the colorizing, and is that red actually translucent?

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 01-20-2007).]

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
wow
can't wait to get mine in the mail!
IraSummers

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post
so are you not going to ship them "normal"? Are you going to put painting as an option? I LOVE the red and black, it matches my car amazingly. Keep us in touch!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:
Pardon my opinion, but that looks more like chrome or nickel plating than silver to me. How much is the colorizing, and is that red actually translucent?

I love opinions! I am nothing without the input of others. Good, bad, or other. Regarding the finish, it is much brighter than I imagined. With its mirror-like finish, it is difficult to discern the design without struggling. This image:

is the best you can get to seeing the design. From a distance, it looks only like a badge shaped mirror. The red is actually translucent, like tinted chrome. There will be absolutely no charge for coloring the badges. To send one out the way it is now and expect that anyone got what they paid for is not acceptable to me.

I have been beating myself up over the past few days for this. But just now I realized something. If I could post this idea and have as many views of the plan without anyone making any remarks about this being a possible issue, then I guess I can't be too hard on myself. Lesson learned.

Solutions: I have spent a lot of time looking for ways to fix this. I have ordered several products that I'll have probably Monday or Tuesday and start playing around with adjusting the background to give the badges the finishing touch they need to be complete. I am also planning on checking into screen printing, powder coating, and anything else that would fix this. The different options being explored may not be viable solutions, but the more I examine and eliminate, the better I'll feel about the end product and the more I will have learned about what not to do.

I am more than happy to send anyone who paid for a badge what I have now and a free replacement when the process has been finalized. I'm working as fast as I can to get these to where I intended them to be. When it comes to these, I am extremely committed to ensuring that the finished product is something that I can be proud of. Send me a PM if you would like for me to send out what I have now. The final product will be sent as soon as I can. Since I at least had the foresight to order 100 of each, I have more than enough to practice on to get this right.
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Looking good so far. I like the red & black, although a solid red might be better than a translucent. Could you give us choices of what color is put in? Maybe for extra? I doubt powder coating will work , you would have to tape off evrything you didn't want coated with special tape and although I've never done it, I suspect it wouldn't work well enough for the level of detail you require. I think what your doing now is working well. Another possibilty would be infill with paint and wipe off the surface, but again, I suspect that might be plenty difficult to get right as well. Sorry I don't have any better ideas for you, but I admire that you want to get them right, keep up the good work.
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post

I have been beating myself up over the past few days for this. But just now I realized something. If I could post this idea and have as many views of the plan without anyone making any remarks about this being a possible issue, then I guess I can't be too hard on myself. Lesson learned.

Exactly! Anyone who's completely pissed about it, how can you blame F-I-E-R-O when you didn't foresee this and come forward about it? I can totally understand this happening given that this is sort of a new and untested thing, and I hope everyone else can too. Is it a complete tragedy that the badges might be hard to read from a moving car? I don't think so. I think a lot of people would still be happy with them.

I'd hate to cover up all of that nice silver with paint, but I want it to be visible at least from say... another car at a stoplight. Think you could do something like take a short video in daylight, moving around the badge from a few feet away so we can see something closer to real-world visibility?

I'm not sure how you would go about doing it, but maybe adding some texture to the lower areas might distinguish them at a distance from the polished higher parts?

I agree, the black & red is really nice. The only thing I would consider is red + red, but that might not look so good. I'm not sure about opaque red being better. I think the translucency might add more depth, making it more interesting and less like someone just dumped cheap paint on them, but I'd have to see both in person to be sure. I hope the paint (or whatever it is) adheres well over time.

Stolen image link:

My own photoshop, not F-I-E-R-O's actual badges:

Edit: Shooped up a reverse of Red & Black as well:

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 01-21-2007).]

Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
Where's The Beef!! Man, those look great!! I'm ready to receive mine, ordered 2 GTs, one SILVER and one GOLD. No color please.

[This message has been edited by Bruno Mid Engine (edited 01-21-2007).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Man! those look so nice to me!
When you are ready, I will buy one supercharged !

Heck, ,I would even take a defect one or even a reject! <???????? For my wall in garage.
PFF
System Bot
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruno Mid Engine:

Where's The Beef!! Man, those look great!! I'm ready to receive mine, ordered 2 GTs, one SILVER and one GOLD. No color please.

Also, the plain badges would go well with my ghost stripes....

I sent F-I-E-R-O a pm...I'll take them plain or colored no problems either way.

Don't beat yourself up so much. You have no control over the depth they strike the badges - plus If I paint them - then I use all the colors I want. Heck if I make a mistake - I just take the paint off before it sets - and go at it again! I'm buying exactly what you said was for sale....

You might consider this as an alternative to painting them all yourself. Send them out to those who say they want them as they are and if any have a real problem with them could then just ship them back to you, with some extra money so you're not out on cash when you paint them whatever and ship them back, again, finished. I'm pretty sure most who say they want them plain will be more than happy to take them plain and do whatever we want with them after that.

Something to think about anyway..

Dave

Dave
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:
I'm buying exactly what you said was for sale....
Dave

I'm with this guy! I think you could leave it up to all of us to decide to do something about the way they look. I understand how stressful this could be for you so don't lose any hair over it! I'll take mine plain, and if I don't like it, maybe I'll pay you to paint it, or paint it myself!

Thanks for all of your hard work!
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
I'm diggin the color kind of off sets it a bit I can wait no problem there

again thanks for the good work!
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
I don't know, but if Andrew says they look like mirrors from a few feet away I'd take his word for it, choose black or black & red and call it a day. If you are willing to deal with it yourself I don't see why you couldn't, but I agree with the guy who said you would have to pony up for shipping both ways if you change your mind. He shouldn't get nickel and dimed to death on shipping simply because somone didn't beleive him. Especially since he's already offered to color them free of charge which I am sure is time-consuming! Plus then he'd be loking at even more time wasted because last time I checked, it takes time and money buy a padded envelope, insert item, possbily protected with additional cardboard, then go throught the hassle again of going to the post office, or however he ships. Maybe if you elect to send them back, you should have to include your own pre-paid, self adressed container so all he has to do is color it, place it in your container and drop it off. We are talking about many, many emblems here. That is all, end of lecture... ;-)
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruno Mid Engine:

I'll get these out on Monday. Please remember that I will send you the same badges with improved apearance so don't worry if you're not happy with them.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Andrew, I ordered 2 of the 3800 badges, and would like them colored. One black and the other in the red and black. Time is not an issue with me.

Thanks and they look great!

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
OK, so whats the deal on these? Are we supposed to tell you what color we want now? What colors will be available? Kinda anxious to get mine, ya know?

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
I have not read too much of this, but I do know that the badges appear to be flat and have no mounting post. they look quite thin too. I don't know if youf have tried to mount them or not but the fiero nose is not flat where the badge is. It has a bend so to speak in it. therefore if you try to mount it how it is it will **** to one side or another (I know because I have a "home made" badge on my car now). I just thought I would mention this if you haven't thought of it or addressed it already.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
With some very healthy persuasion these badges are bendable to match most any surface curvature they're going to be affixed to. The commercial auto adheasive will ensure that they are not going to go anywhere once they're in place. After a great deal of thought, I can't see any advantage to having the post on the back of the badges. Some might think that having one would be a good way to keep people from taking one. If they get to the point wher they're going to take it- they're going to take it. The real question is how much damage will be involved during its removal. Regarding the durability of the badge itself, I would put these up against any other auto badge out there. These are solid and heavy duty. They are not made of the cheap metal process which results in a brittle product, and they are substantially thick enough that the surface of whatever it is attached to will destroyed loooooooong before these will.

The badges will start going out Monday for those that want what I have right now. Regarding the coloring, just let me know what you would like and I'l put it together and send it out. Again, I can't stress enough that your satisfaction is guaranteed to the best of my ability.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
OK< I will take two in the "all black".
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
ttt looking forward to seeing mine!
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
send mine with no color.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
before I run to the box today you get any chance to send some of them out?

yeah some would say just check, but it's a drive I'm out in BFE box is in the city

[This message has been edited by LoW_KeY (edited 01-26-2007).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Wow, those look sweet!
Anyway of getting one that says Bengals and with a black and orange paint scheme?
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Do you have GT badges in yet? I'd like some pictures to photoshop some paint on them and decide what I want. Feel free to email me massive pics instead of posting Thanks

Jason
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Will there be any choptop badges?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:
Do you have GT badges in yet? I'd like some pictures to photoshop some paint on them and decide what I want. Feel free to email me massive pics instead of posting Thanks

Jason

Jason,

I emailed you a PS version in black and white for you to play with.

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

before I run to the box today you get any chance to send some of them out?

yeah some would say just check, but it's a drive I'm out in BFE box is in the city

I've sent out the badges to everyone that I have an address for from Paypal. I just found the paperwork/address for Bruno and will send the two GT's out on Monday.

Originally posted by Sharkman:

Will there be any choptop badges?

Yes, and I'm looking for your input as to what the background should be on these.

Originally posted by Fiero5:

Wow, those look sweet!
Anyway of getting one that says Bengals and with a black and orange paint scheme?

Feel free- this would be a DIY project.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Update the list to show what you have mailed out.
PontiacJ8
From: Clay, New York w/ all the trees & the cars hidden in between!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2007 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PontiacJ8Click Here to visit PontiacJ8's HomePageSend a Private Message to PontiacJ8Direct Link to This Post
Got mine today, friggin' sweet dude! Probably going to paint it black & blue to contrast the car. What type of paint did you use?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock