Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New and Improved Fiero Badges... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
New and Improved Fiero Badges... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-29-2006 11:51 PM
Replies: 355
Last post by: Greg Z on 02-14-2009 11:11 AM
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroluv:
If you want to get technical they could get dirty about just using the word Fiero as that is trademarked as well.

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view. ...
IP: Logged
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by Raydar:

What does the back look like?
Flat?
Flat with a post, like the stocker?
Or can you see the front detail from behind (sheet stock, in other words)?

Thanks.

The back is flat, and will come with double stick auto adheasive foam. You will not be able to see the front detail on the back. For a post, I'd have to figure out how to use the new little Lincoln Electric Weldpac welder I have to get them on... Can't be all that hard can it? I'll make sure to practice on some scrap pieces long before I attempt it for real.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005

Originally posted by fieroluv:
Are these clear coated at all? If not and they are mounted on the exterior of the car, wouldn't there be an issue about tarnish? Doesn't silver turn black if it is exposed to the elements? I don't know for sure that's why I'm asking? So I'm not asking these questions to knock anyone down, I'm just considering purchasing one and I would just like to know what they are going to look like in six months.

I called the mfr, they're not clear coated and I was assured that they will not tarnish. I was also told that spraying them with a clear coat would yellow them. Probably the best way to preserve anything like this would be to wax them. I was also assured that they will still look great 6 months, 6 years, 60 years from now... and will look as good as you keep the rest of your car.
IraSummers

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruno Mid Engine:

QUESTIONS, at what tempurature does enameling or powdered coating take place???? And Or what temp does silver plating or chrome plating deteriorate?? Would any of these temps warp the copper base metal if it had been precurved to fit the nose of your car. Thinking here is to make a try at adding some sort of color to one of the NEW GT badges I hope to receive.

I'm not shure if I understand whay u mean by at what temp powdercoating "takes place", but I can tell you that it is baked on at 325-350F depending on the color, powder, and a fiew other things. Chrome powdercoating is baked on at 400-425. I have no idea about chrome baking though. The powdercoating would not hurt the metal.
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:
For a post, I'd have to figure out how to use the new little Lincoln Electric Weldpac welder I have to get them on... Can't be all that hard can it?

Not necessary Andrew. The original emblems are affixed to a plastic base which has the mounting post. One could use their own. Or get another, they still are easy to find.
That post is for a nut which holds the plastic base to the Fiero. Many times these posts break. I have re-attached them with just silicone 'caulk'. I have never lost one.
Another outloud thought. I would like to see Fiero GT on the same line, like the original. The second line/space could then be used for
3800SC, 3.4 DOHC, or filled with the design on your V8 badges.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I called the mfr, they're not clear coated and I was assured that they will not tarnish. I was also told that spraying them with a clear coat would yellow them. Probably the best way to preserve anything like this would be to wax them. I was also assured that they will still look great 6 months, 6 years, 60 years from now... and will look as good as you keep the rest of your car.

Thank You, now I just have to figure out what I'm doing with my car. Still haven't decided if I want to rebadge it as a GT or just leave it as an SE.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Damn I really was hopeing to get the old 3800 SC badge
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
In my garage, I have what I would describe as little brass tubes that are threaded inside and have a small bolt included. I'm sure that I got this at Lowes, what for I haven't the faintest idea. I would guess that these could be used- could probably find some copper ones as well? I don't don't know spit about welding, so I don't know if using two different metals would matter or if keeping them the same woudl be better.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
By popular demand, I'm including the "TURBOCHARGED" badge as an option. I need 25 orders to get this made unless the minority wish to speed things up and pay a little more...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-06-2006).]

IraSummers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post
your missing mine... 2GT (new) and one V8, I might order more later. How much will shiping be?
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one standard badge, please. Thanks

Just a random thought: a nose badge and sail panel emblem set would be cool.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 12-05-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 03:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

Just a random thought: a nose badge and sail panel emblem set would be cool.

try http://www.fierosails.com/custom.html

I think a set made with the pegasus facing the opposite direction would awesome. That way it would face the front of the car from either side.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

shredd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shreddSend a Private Message to shreddDirect Link to This Post
Add me down for an additional (2 total) V8 badges. Come on V8 guys, lets get this going.

[This message has been edited by shredd (edited 12-06-2006).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IraSummers:

your missing mine... 2GT (new) and one V8, I might order more later. How much will shiping be?

$3 should cover everybody.
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
YES! Well, put me down for the GT badge, and 1 turbo badge!
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Jarhead 2m4 said:
try http://www.fierosails.com/custom.html

I think a set made with the pegasus facing the opposite direction would awesome. That way it would face the front of the car from either side.

They have some cool stuff. But I was actually thinking of having the arrowhead emblems done in chrome (or silver, or whatever it is) to match the nose badge... so all the emblems would match.

Since it takes 2 arrowheads per car, I think they'd hit the 25 piece requirement pretty quick.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 12-06-2006).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

That might be nice. But I was actually thinking of having the arrowhead emblems done in chrome (or silver, or whatever) to match the nose badge... so all the emblems would match.

That is definitely an idea. I would like to see a set of those.

I was just going to shave that area.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Would you like to see the arrowheads inside the badge outline, keeping the same size and shape so as to replace the badge? The main reason I made it to match the original size was that Norm has a custom front end that has a depression where the badge goes, so making it the exact same size was important for a proper fit.

Help me raise money for a new Fiero!
I need $1500 for a "new" Fiero from another Fiero owner here on the forum who needs to sell his.
Visit the "New and Improved Fiero Badges" thread in the general forum section, or my "Sigs for Sale" thread in the Mall.
You can also find some cool Fiero apparel and accessories on my Fiero Online Store
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-06-2006).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I'm sure most people would prefer the same size. That would prevent unnecessary modifications.

I was looking into Norm's, but I won't be interested in the arrowheads. However, there will be plenty more that will want them

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Andrew, please put me down for two V8 badges. I don't care about the post. Was just curious how they were constructed.
Let me know where/when to send Paypal.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-07-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
fierogt455

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt455Send a Private Message to fierogt455Direct Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O

Those look great. I will take 1-GT and 1-SUPERCHARGED badge.

Freeman
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Just to keep everything together so people don't have to go all over to find the styles...

Reminder that 25 orders of each style will get it made. I will order 100 of each style that gets there, and they will be available from that point forward. I'd also like to note that the pricing goes as follows: PFF Member pricing: $35 single order, $29 for more than one. Regular price: $45, and $35 (non-members & Event pricing)
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I would like a 1 dohc one and 1 classic. Im confused on the payment, when do i pay?

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
I will take a V8 badge

------------------

My[/URL] Web Site [URL=http://www.xnet.com/~paulv.htm

NIFE[/URL] Web Site [URL=http://www.fierofocus.com]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I know that there are just some of us but I would like too have a Fiero CHOPTOP badge
Can also be OK with a slitly changed GT too CT. Or CT edition
------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 12-06-2006).]

4-mulaGT
From: Somewhere beetween raisin' hell... and saving grace. oh... and MN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4-mulaGTSend a Private Message to 4-mulaGTDirect Link to This Post
Is there a deadline for when you wont be taking orders for any type of badge?
Say a year down the road you finally get 25 inquiries for the DOHC badge, will you make them then?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4-mulaGT:

Is there a deadline for when you wont be taking orders for any type of badge?
Say a year down the road you finally get 25 inquiries for the DOHC badge, will you make them then?

Every badge that I have picured in the image above will be made. That's a lot of badges, and many will probably never sell out. I'll start with the GT, V8, and Supercharged first. When the money comes in from those, I'll use that to order others in line. My goal is to get all of them made and to do so sooner than later, hopefully within a month- two at the latest. I'm serious about having all these available. I have no doubt that when these start getting out there, and are seen by others, that more orders will come in. The mfr will have the file in their records and I'll be able to order more when needed. The biggest issue is the minimum order being 100- the initial outlay is a little tough to swallow... Anyone will be able to contact me at anytime to purchase one of the badges, though pricing will be a little more. To get this going, I wanted to keep the price down to get this started and to give those who were willing to help it along a break.

I don't expect to sell thousands of these, and I realize that the market is limited/finite, but I'm going to get a great deal of satisfaction knowing I made something that I'm proud of and looks great on my Fiero.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2006 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
Where are these used? Is it just the badge on the front of the car? Or is it the mini-one in the steering wheel? Or are there other places these can be used? I see a lot of people ordering 2, so there must be some place I haven't found on my GT...
Derek2M6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek2M6Send a Private Message to Derek2M6Direct Link to This Post
Put me down for a DOHC one.

------------------

-- Frame up restoration/modification + 3.4 TDC in progress --

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

Where are these used? Is it just the badge on the front of the car? Or is it the mini-one in the steering wheel? Or are there other places these can be used? I see a lot of people ordering 2, so there must be some place I haven't found on my GT...

I'm going to put one over the ugly key hole on the trunk! I never use the key, always the trunk release in the "cockpit." If I ever needed to, I could remove it to put a key in, but until then, it would look real sharp to have it covered with one of these badges. I thin some people are going to put them on each side of the front fender centered above the molding between the door and the wheel. Why someone wouldn't want to order 5 or 6 of these is beyond me...
PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2 V8 and 2 GT
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I have started a post on the swedish forum and will try and get a order for about 10 badges.
Could you see what the shipping cost would be?

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, it shouldn't be too bad. Less than $10 for sure. Thank you for doing this.

Andrew
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Updated...

CT Edition version comming soon!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-07-2006).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
You have TM_Fiero on that list twice, but for different badges. 2 standard and 2 formula.

Didn't know if you wanted to keep those separate or not. Just thought I'd point that out.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

[This message has been edited by Jarhead 2m4 (edited 12-07-2006).]

lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
I'll taje 2 Supercharged emblems

------------------
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
11.74@115 mph (drag radials)
VIDEO-http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1ecf6afb-a616-4882-b460-cb5602c47869.htm

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

Kristian V

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kristian VSend a Private Message to Kristian VDirect Link to This Post
I would like one "Supercharged" and one "V8" badge. ( That should reveal a litle of my plans! )
Put them under Sharkman's order. If for any reason that deal would go south, i still want them. Let's se how it goes.

------------------

My cars @ gatbilar.se
My car @ Garaget.org

fastback 88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastback 88Send a Private Message to fastback 88Direct Link to This Post
I will take 2 supercharged!
countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2006 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Alright, make mine 2 - V8's! I like the idea of the side installs! Thanks for putting me at the top of your list, BTW.
;-) John
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock