Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  New and Improved Fiero Badges... (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
New and Improved Fiero Badges... by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-29-2006 11:51 PM
Replies: 355
Last post by: Greg Z on 02-14-2009 11:11 AM
MrMike

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MrMikeClick Here to visit MrMike's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrMikeDirect Link to This Post
From MrMike:
To confirm: YES the new design is available as an embroidered logo.
However embroidery is not chrome or paint, and the design was tweaked so it looks best as embroidery.
For instance:
Letting the leather show through in certain areas.
The horse looks better in outline.
The middle ‘band’ was made wider to accommodate custom letters or numbers.
(Special font programs were purchased to create these very small letters & numbers)
Specific types of stitching and densities were chosen for looks & durability.
And before ya’ll ask:
Like the Classic logo it looks better in a single color thread, the leather provides the second color.
Thank you,
MrMike
Here for your amusement is a picture of the testing:
http://www.mrmikes.com/fieronewlogoevolve.htm
IP: Logged
fierofetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
My faith has been justified..I am so happy to see this back up and running...Well done Andrew
Nick
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Now that's what i was talking about... wtg F-I-E-R-O!

~Dave~
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Go ahead an change my 1 GT 1 SC to 2 SC emblums... I'll the other GT will end up having an SC after the 2.8 craps out.

Greg
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Regarding a question I got about coloring the badges, I sent an email to my rep today and got this response to my question of powder coating...

"I don’t see why that would hurt them at all. They are a copper based item that is plated in silver. I would think powder coating would look very good!"

I only know what I'm told. If anyone has any experience with powder coating and would like to add their input, I'd be interested in learning more.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Andrew I just changed my mind. Please sign me up for a 3.4 DOHC badge.

Thanks
-Paul
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post12-02-2006 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Emc209i

3091 posts
Member since Apr 2005
Orief may be able to color them in, that's his experties.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Regarding a question I got about coloring the badges, I sent an email to my rep today and got this response to my question of powder coating...

"I don’t see why that would hurt them at all. They are a copper based item that is plated in silver. I would think powder coating would look very good!"

I only know what I'm told. If anyone has any experience with powder coating and would like to add their input, I'd be interested in learning more.

Why even plate them in silver? Keep production and sales costs down.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
And sell a copper badge? ACK! I really want to make something that I can be proud of, which is why I spent so much time working on the design. I know, to some it may not seem all that complicated or difficult to come up with, but I went through a ton of design ideas (just ask Timo!, he has a rough idea about the time I spent as well as being a great sounding board for the design of the V8 badge) to get to where this is now. I'd like to be able to look back at this with pride, and hopefully someday even come across a Fiero that has two of these on it. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that there is anything else I could do myself that would make the badge look better besides possibly learning how to do a quality powder coating. As far as the added cost, the difference might only be a few pennies.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-02-2006).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

And sell a copper badge? ACK!

Sorry, I was just thinking out loud. I was thinking that something powder coated would be completely covered.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I wonder if powder coating the whole thing would make it lose some of its detail as well as not giving it the "umpf" that the silver coating would.
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
so when are we looking at a production date? just curious and trying to get a rough idea of when it'll be
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I should have the funds to have some of these made within the next two weeks. Then the others will follow shortly. I expect that these should be in your hands possibly by Christmas, but don't quote me on this...
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
good deal in no rush, cars put away for winter.

thanks for the fast reply!
IraSummers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post
when is payment to be expected? I think I know what I want, but the wife won't let me get anymore stuff, especailly for the car, untill after christmas... LMK
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
Those MrMikes ones look great, too Wonderful, now I have even more stuff to buy!
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IraSummers:

when is payment to be expected? I think I know what I want, but the wife won't let me get anymore stuff, especailly for the car, untill after christmas... LMK

Jsut let me know which one(s) you're interested in and I'll have it ready to go on Dec 26th. As far as payment goes, right now I'm only interested in getting the orders together, then you can make payment when they'er ready to go out.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Kickin' it up!
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post

updated count...

just realized you forgot my two GT badges you forgot already...

J/K

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
That ties it up between GT and SC, unless i can't count.

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
a few changes were made I believe...

Getting close!

------------------
Great Fiero & PFF Apparel and Accessories...

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
ok its close to x-mas set this as your homepage, make hints towards your loved ones lets get this thing rolling
shredd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shreddSend a Private Message to shreddDirect Link to This Post
I would like a V8 badge, how long before they are produced, since only 2 people interested thus far.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shredd:

I would like a V8 badge, how long before they are produced, since only 2 people interested thus far.

It depends on how many others are ordered. It costs me almost $$$ to get things started, I figure if we can get 10 or more people to order two, which you should do anyway- one for the front and one for the back over the trunk lock (everybody has the inside trunk release right?), then no problem getting them made. Once I send the order in, it only takes less than 10 days to get them. I'm also thinking that I'd sell the extras at whatever Fiero gatherings I can get to (Linda already said I could go ) but those people will have to pay a little extra. The lower price offered here is to help get the whole thing started. I'll throw you on my list as a potential customer and will let you know when the time comes for them to be made.
bluefiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bluefieroSend a Private Message to bluefieroDirect Link to This Post
Any chance of making some that say turbocharged?
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
Put me in for two supercharged badges. PM the details and when/how to order.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post

blkcofy

343 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Oh, as far as having Mr. Mike stitch these in seats....I highly recommend it. He created me some awesome seats w/ this new stitching and they look fantastic. I'm kinda bummed that F-I-E-R-O hadn't come up w/ the "supercharged" version for me earlier enough, as I had my seats made w/ 3800 S/C...but it still looks great. If I knew how to post the pictures of the seats, I'd have added them here. I can send the picture to someone to post here if they want to see Mr. Mikes and F-I-E-R-O's great work.
IraSummers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post

Jsut let me know which one(s) you're interested in and I'll have it ready to go on Dec 26th. As far as payment goes, right now I'm only interested in getting the orders together, then you can make payment when they'er ready to go out.

Then count me in for 2 GT(new style) and one V8, I'll let you know when I go to get another (for my tool box or interior ) PM me or Email me (SummersI@bellsouth.net) if you get my order in please to conf.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
What does the back look like?
Flat?
Flat with a post, like the stocker?
Or can you see the front detail from behind (sheet stock, in other words)?

Thanks.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Are these clear coated at all? If not and they are mounted on the exterior of the car, wouldn't there be an issue about tarnish? Doesn't silver turn black if it is exposed to the elements? I don't know for sure that's why I'm asking? So I'm not asking these questions to knock anyone down, I'm just considering purchasing one and I would just like to know what they are going to look like in six months.
PFF
System Bot
TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if I should do this but here goes...

I like this design, but offering too many choices is going to make it difficult to get all of them made- I'm not sure if I can get enough people to be interested in these to be able to do them all. Anyway, like I said before, as the magic number of 25 orders comes through, I can make what ever you guys are interested in. I'll be doing the DOHC version, and will post the formula version. A question regarding the Formula version: would the majority be interested in the style above with Formula incorporated or the newer design?

Andrew

Personally I'd prefer the 3rd one with the new pegasus design for the Formula.
Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
QUESTIONS, at what tempurature does enameling or powdered coating take place???? And Or what temp does silver plating or chrome plating deteriorate?? Would any of these temps warp the copper base metal if it had been precurved to fit the nose of your car. Thinking here is to make a try at adding some sort of color to one of the NEW GT badges I hope to receive.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TM_Fiero:
Personally I'd prefer the 3rd one with the new pegasus design for the Formula.

same here.. and wouldn't Pontiac throw a fit about using their design copywrite laws and all that mumbo jumbo.
NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

and wouldn't Pontiac throw a fit about using their design copywrite laws and all that mumbo jumbo.

eventually yeah probably, but everyone buying wouldnt have to wory, only the one selling...
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post
If you want to get technical they could get dirty about just using the word Fiero as that is trademarked as well.
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
I missed out on the first badge deal. I'd rather not miss out on this one!

But...

Are these badges really going to be silver plated? Or are they going to be chrome plated? Chrome plating would be more durable.

BTW, nickel plating would be cool too.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 12-05-2006).]

fieroluv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bruno Mid Engine:

QUESTIONS, at what tempurature does enameling or powdered coating take place???? And Or what temp does silver plating or chrome plating deteriorate?? Would any of these temps warp the copper base metal if it had been precurved to fit the nose of your car. Thinking here is to make a try at adding some sort of color to one of the NEW GT badges I hope to receive.

I believe I read in another thread that you powder coat at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit. And as far as plating goes as long as the metal is in a liquid form it cam be plated as that is just done with electrolysis.

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
oooh, A "Turbocharged" version would be SWEET!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

I should have the funds to have some of these made within the next two weeks. Then the others will follow shortly. I expect that these should be in your hands possibly by Christmas

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock