Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  The one and only Step-By-Step 3800 Series II SC Swap (Page 13)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 
Previous Page | Next Page
The one and only Step-By-Step 3800 Series II SC Swap by The Fieromaster
Started on: 07-15-2005 11:50 AM
Replies: 521
Last post by: darkhorizon on 01-14-2009 01:32 AM
anthony_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
Jncomutt, i just stuck a quarter in the whole and then filled it with silicone. it works and it doesnt look bad.
IP: Logged
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2006 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Ok, People are posting to use the Autozone hose XL-1004 for the passenger side lower coolent tube to water pump. Well our Autozone here in CT suck, and they don't stock them and can't order them. I did some research today, and came up with some other numbers

Kelly/Springfield:
XL-1004

Goodyear:

Napa:
NBH 7620

Dayco:

AC Delco:
26030X

Metric Interchange:

I'm haven't seen all these hoses in person, cause I can't find any of them locally, but these are the numbers I was able to dig up. Hopefully someone can confirm.

Update: I THINK this hose is used for the 1995 Chevy Camaro 3.4 UPPER radiator hose. I checked around and thats the best I can tell its used for. When I check it with Goodyear, it lists XL62053 vs the 62053, but I think they're pretty much the same. Maybe someone else can fill us in on the minor details?

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-15-2006).]

fiero-iwan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanDirect Link to This Post
how is it all coming together?
interested to see an update on this nice write ep!
speedymart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2006 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for speedymartSend a Private Message to speedymartDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone
Thanks for all these valuable info and knowledge you all share.
I was wondering if there is any update on the wiring harness documentation on page 5 done by RandomTask.

Thanks
Martin
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Yeah i actually may DELETE that as some people had problems with it!

If you need any info about it PM me id be glad to help.

NEW INFO..

Next wednesday (7-5-06) i will be able to let you know when i will have access to ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS for the Fiero 3800SC conversion!!! Oh yes! I am meeting with the owners, engineers, and techs at FIDANZA!!! Looking at about 350$ for the flywheel which is a STEAL!!! Since people want that much for a modded stock jobby like i have!

Keep ya posted!
slade1274

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2006 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slade1274Send a Private Message to slade1274Direct Link to This Post
Bump ^^
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2006 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
bump,
Have you had that car on the road this year?

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Fieromaster:

Yeah i actually may DELETE that as some people had problems with it!

If you need any info about it PM me id be glad to help.

NEW INFO..

Next wednesday (7-5-06) i will be able to let you know when i will have access to ALUMINUM FLYWHEELS for the Fiero 3800SC conversion!!! Oh yes! I am meeting with the owners, engineers, and techs at FIDANZA!!! Looking at about 350$ for the flywheel which is a STEAL!!! Since people want that much for a modded stock jobby like i have!

Keep ya posted!

Ummmm....that was last year. Any news?
crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyDirect Link to This Post
This thread is the Balls!!! I plan on referring to it constantly if/when I finally pick-up a fiero.

Thanks for sharing all your hard work.

------------------
Thinking about dropping the L67 from my gp into a Fiero.
12.466 @ 114.15 INTENSE S1X/ZZP IC/TOG Headers

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
12.466 in your Grand Prix, I wonder what that engine would do in a Fiero?
crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

12.466 in your Grand Prix, I wonder what that engine would do in a Fiero?

Me too. Going from FWD to RWD and sheding a ton of weight, I would guess its going to be pretty quick. I am becomeing increasingly excited about this project. If I can pick up a boneyard motor and trans to throw into the gp, then I could sell it and fund this project. Thats when all the fun begins.

------------------
Thinking about dropping the L67 from my gp into a Fiero.
12.466 @ 114.15 INTENSE S1X/ZZP IC/TOG Headers

PFF
System Bot
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
. . .
brianteel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brianteelClick Here to visit brianteel's HomePageSend a Private Message to brianteelDirect Link to This Post
I am starting an auto L32 swap right now. can you guys list what alts you are using and other related parts. right now that is what we are stuck getting done.

L32 engine
4t65ehd trans
2003 harness
2003 PCM

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2007 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Bump
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Hey all,

Its been a VERY long time since i been on here... Got sick of the trolls and getting bashed by local flame starters. Really missed all the good guys on here that helped me along the way and everyone i got a chance to meet and help too!!
I haven't really done much with the Fiero... I installed a set of Archie's integrated rockers and replaced my wasted front/rear bumpers and hood. Still need a decent deck lid. Got one from CrazyMike BUT it was major warped from sitting against a barn!!

Also lost a very good friend to Pedderassedness disease! Its a very rare form of thievingjerkofafriend which unfortunately is NOT fatal! After STEALING my ZZP SS intercooler kit, New Rotors, AND rebuilt snout i decided it best to never talk to him again.
It would be a TOTAL loss if it weren't for the fact that because of the loss of my ZZP intercooler i decided to look for a new one... I came across a BTTK intercooler setup which i found out was really bad-azz setup.
For 500$ I got the 1 of 5 (BUT 1 of 1 of the 5) IC Core... The guy that made it only made 5 intercoolers (made for hard core owners back in the day as ive been told by the guys on ClubGP) It is one of one of them because it was his PERSONAL intercooler... It is profile cut AND has ribs cut around the side of it for a sweet design!! The setup also came with hoses, a pump, and a ice tank - pretty much a modified fuel cell for holding the coolant and allowing ice to be added for supercool water.

Still need to find out what the damn check engine light is from and find FUEL RAILS!!! ZZP still has NOT had theirs in stock in FOREVER!!! I am pretty much convinced that they will never have them in stock! I really do NOT want to pay the outrageous ammount that places want for the bigger rails either... sigh... what to do...

Well thats where it stands...

Crab Daddy - you need to move that GP motor into a Fiero that would be sick!

Brian - Been some time since your post if you still need the help just post away!

Take care guys!

------------------
"Raced That, Wrecked Better" ~In Memory Of Jesse Cesek~ 1980-2000
US Armored Cavalry - Fox 2/81 - Death By 120 - 1 Shot 1 Kill

3800 SuperCharged Series II Swap, Rare BTTK Intercooler, Thrasher MPS, Fastback Swap

Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
im sorry to hear it man, i have been reading 3800sc swap threads for a while now and this one is great, im on page 5 now and im slowly reading through every bit of your project and picking out what i want to do. thanks for putting this thread together and i hope everything works out for you.
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 05:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I would HIGHLY recommend buying mounts from someone... My method was very PITA! Although, now that i have a plasma cutter it would be much easier, I still suggest an alternative route.
The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post

The Fieromaster

4124 posts
Member since Jun 2001
WOOT...

As if an answer to my pain a fellow in the store is selling his ZZP rails... Now i can put on the intercooler..

YUM...

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Are you sure you aren't making a mistake?

------------------
88 Coupe: Modded 4.9L V8 5 speed
87 Coupe: 4 Cyl 5 Speed
84 Coupe: 4 Cyl 4 speed
01 BMW 525i
www.geocities.com/fast88fiero

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
Do you REALLY miss my mom that much?!?!

Sigh....

Poor STAN!!!

Poor pooor poooooor Stan!
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2007 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
small things can go in the dumpster!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
When is the last time you check to see if the ZZ rails are available?
http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=611&catid=113

------------------

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2007 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyfieromike:

he got some check them out!!!!

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066957.html

Thanks I guess I missed the link between this thread and that one ...thanks! So what didn't fit?

------------------

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post
the ic and blower untill he cut out part of the deck lid.
StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2007 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
I still feel so sick about that night.........*sigh*..... Oh well..

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, 17" 245-40's, "RWD" V6SC>4.9 & V8=tractor motor

The Fieromaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FieromasterSend a Private Message to The FieromasterDirect Link to This Post
I still feel bad for you because of that night!!! LOL! How much therapy have you had because of that?
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

I still feel bad for you because of that night!!! LOL! How much therapy have you had because of that?

he lies. he loved that

[This message has been edited by crazyfieromike (edited 09-10-2007).]

Odin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OdinSend a Private Message to OdinDirect Link to This Post
Nice thread thanks allot for the help, I'm starting mine soon, pretty much the same setup, 97 riv motor with an auto tranny.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I assume you have been here too? (see sig)

------------------
[16:58] davepettinelli: mine's got a court-apponted psychiatrist
[16:58] davepettinelli: yay girls
[16:59] GTPimpin: mine whines alot
[16:59] GTPimpin: her name is fiero

Ultimate 3800 swap thread

JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

Purple says the he has used the aluminum dogbone bracket for years without it breaking. and you say it will tear. you say it has torn because it was milled down, i suppose it had some support ribs milled down?

how many other people have had it tear on them? i remember seeing a thread where it tore and they box welded it up.
JC
PFF
System Bot
PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroDirect Link to This Post
Was this ever finished?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRFiero:

Was this ever finished?

I am fairly sure it was...
Scopedin92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scopedin92Send a Private Message to Scopedin92Direct Link to This Post
can these go into an 84?
sorry for the question, i'm nue and all and just asking because i love my fiero to death and can't stand to watch it lose to a seebring (i4 auto) and i want something that can blow the doors off the ricers at school.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scopedin92:

can these go into an 84?
sorry for the question, i'm nue and all and just asking because i love my fiero to death and can't stand to watch it lose to a seebring (i4 auto) and i want something that can blow the doors off the ricers at school.

they can go into any year--The swap is well documented on the Forum.
crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PRFiero:

Was this ever finished?

no it is not done he drove it a couple time then took the blower off and thats how it sits the last i saw
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
This is a good and informative post on the 3800SC swap. However, it was started back in 2005. Now its entering its forth year. A skilled amateur should be able to get this swap done in about 80-100 hours worth of work. The skilled professionals have knocked them out in two or three days. Not to flame but that's a long time to do any swap. I wonder what is taking so long and also hope that this engine is being started periodically.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
87GT - 3.4L Turbocharged engine, modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

crazyfieromike

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2009 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazyfieromikeSend a Private Message to crazyfieromikeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

This is a good and informative post on the 3800SC swap. However, it was started back in 2005. Now its entering its forth year. A skilled amateur should be able to get this swap done in about 80-100 hours worth of work. The skilled professionals have knocked them out in two or three days. Not to flame but that's a long time to do any swap. I wonder what is taking so long and also hope that this engine is being started periodically.

cant start it any more the blower is not on it there is no fuel rail on it what takes so long is he has three kids works two jobs and lack of money part one was done he is working on part two installing a intercooler and other stuff

[This message has been edited by crazyfieromike (edited 01-11-2009).]

azmrtwo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for azmrtwoClick Here to visit azmrtwo's HomePageSend a Private Message to azmrtwoDirect Link to This Post
I have read this thread a couple of times over the past 6 months as I have built my car and have looked forward to and been preparing to do this swap.

I have an 86 GT with a 4spd and would like to convert it to a 5spd as I do the swap unless the budget runs out. :-) I recently picked up a Series II Supercharged motor with ~20K miles on it that was originally in a 2002 GTP but was put into a 93 Bonneville that had a Series I SC Motor. So I ended up with the Series II Motor and Series I wiring and ECU.

My Project Page is here: www.mr2bug.com if you want to check it out.

I have a couple of question to start with.

1) Below, Fieromaster's quote states 98+ GTP for the preferred donor motor. I believe my motor came out of a 2002 GTP. Does this have the right tensioner?
2) Everything I read says to go with the Alternator Relocation but have seen Pics of the Series II SC in a GT in the original Series II location. Is the reloc really required?
3) Should I stick with the Series I wiring and ECU or try to locate a Series II harness and ECU?
4) Does anyone have a complete Schematic for the wiring? As you all know this would save a ton of time! :-)
5) I have the GTP AC Compressor and plan to use it with the R134A conversion kit and Accumulator from The Fiero Store. Anything else I need here other than customized lines?
6) Which Clutch to go with. I am considering the Spec Stage II+ and the Custom Flywheel from West Coast Fieros.
7) If I find a GetRag 5spd, should I add a LSD at the same time? If so, which one?
8) Anyone have a GetRag 5spd Setup for sale? :-)

...However it is the absolute EASIEST if you go with 98+ Grand PRIX GTP engine as that has the correct idler/tensioner setup for the supercharger... Also if you keep the AC pump it is much easier too.

Last but not least, thank you everyone who has participated in this thread and for any additional help or insight you might have!
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

1) Below, Fieromaster's quote states 98+ GTP for the preferred donor motor. I believe my motor came out of a 2002 GTP. Does this have the right tensioner?

YES--

2) Everything I read says to go with the Alternator Relocation but have seen Pics of the Series II SC in a GT in the original Series II location. Is the reloc really required?

N0-IT IS DONE FOR LOOKS AND TO CLEAR THE DECKLID BUT IS NOT NESSACARY

3) Should I stick with the Series I wiring and ECU or try to locate a Series II harness and ECU?

NOT FORSURE HOW COMPATIABLE THE S1 HARNESS IS WITH THE S2. I WOULD SAY REDO A HARNESS FOR THE S2 MOTOR.

4) Does anyone have a complete Schematic for the wiring? As you all know this would save a ton of time! :-)

CONTACT FIEROFLYER OR DARTH FIERO

5) I have the GTP AC Compressor and plan to use it with the R134A conversion kit and Accumulator from The Fiero Store. Anything else I need here other than customized lines?

NO

6) Which Clutch to go with. I am considering the Spec Stage II+ and the Custom Flywheel from West Coast Fieros.

SPEC 3 I WOULD SAY BUT THIS ALSO DEPENDS ON YOUR POWER LEVEL. LOOK FOR A CHEAPER FLYWHEEL

7) If I find a GetRag 5spd, should I add a LSD at the same time? If so, which one?

I WOULD SAY SAVE THE MONEY AND NOT GET AN LSD--STICK WITH THE 4 SPEED TRANS

8) Anyone have a GetRag 5spd Setup for sale? :-)

GO WITH A FWD 5 SPEED IF YOU GO THAT ROUTE.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 14 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock