"VERT" build thread by YELLOWFIERO88
Started on: 07-14-2005 10:39 PM
Replies: 192
Last post by: YELLOWFIERO88 on 01-22-2009 12:22 PM
YELLOWFIERO88

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Well here goes another car build. Just what my bank account needs Over the next few months I will be building a convertable fiero. It will start life as a 87GT with 125,000 on it. 2.8, auto, all the power options. The plan is to have it done and show ready for spring of 2006. Hey rome was not built in a day . I will be not only cutting the roof off but will be chopping it down. I am talking with a air ride company for full sponsorship of suspension parts. I will not say who till I know I am getting the sponsorship. The interior will be one off and have lots of fiberglass painted body color, digital gauges, color keyed leather, and also a high end stereo that will hopefully be sponsored too ( hey megaplay ). Exterior color will be burnt orange off the caviler's. There will be a few mods but the will flow very nice. I am going for the clean look.
concept drawing:

here is the car

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
87GT VERT (build in progress)
84SE megaplay locked up
85 coupe that megaplay is de-flowering to rebuild his 84

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Good luck !

Anxiously awaiting the start of this build thread !

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
The car was a flood damage car so I have lots to do to it. I first need to gut the interior. It will be going friday the 15th to dayton imports to get lambo hinges installed. This will take a few weeks since they are going to use my car as a test pig for a bolt in kit. I will be posting pics and a review of their product when I get it back. I will also be working with them on a group buy for the hinges for you guys.

Everything came apart better than I thought. It was flooded over a year ago and was never dryed out or cleaned. There is no rust except for the drivers side drain plug is gone. Lots of river mud but a pressure washer will take car of that. I have all new electronic componants out of a parts car so that will save me lots of cash. Oh yea the door kit is the only thing I will not be doing myself.
Ready for the guys at dayton

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 07-14-2005).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2005 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Good luck !

Anxiously awaiting the start of this build thread !

Hi all,

Ditto!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

This just occurred to me and i may be way off base but ,....... with you removing the top and all, wouldn't it make more sense to wait on the lambo doors till afterward ??

Any concerns ??

DrRodey

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2005 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrRodeyClick Here to visit DrRodey's HomePageSend a Private Message to DrRodeyDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the convertible crowd.

You doing a true convertible or a roadster design? I'm currently working on the blueprints for my top re-design build thread to come as soon as I"m done with the engine and have it running again. Prety much doing a complete ground up rebuild/resto. Looks like some good ideas so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

Dan.

------------------
Hi... My names Dan, and i'm addicted to Fieros.
'88 Formula Auto CONVERTIBLE (waiting new life in the form of a 3.4DOHC 4/5 spd)
'85 Coupe (parts car)
'84 Coupe 5spd T-Top (awaiting new life in the form of a 3.4DOHC)
'92 Grand Prix GTP 3.4 DOHC 5spd
I think I'm starting to see a pattern here
AOL IM = drrodey

WEB SITE

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2005 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

This just occurred to me and i may be way off base but ,....... with you removing the top and all, wouldn't it make more sense to wait on the lambo doors till afterward ??

Any concerns ??

I am not too worried about it since I will reinforce it very well before I cut anything off. I will be running a piece of 2"x2"x1/4" wall box through each rocker panel that will have gussets all the way up the front and rear wall. There will also have steel along the gas tank tunnel. I am getting the lambo hinges done now because Ii am helping dayton imports develop a bolt in set (with the help of yons). They need the car to start building the hinges and since I am bagging a 98 ranger right now I can not work on it right now. It worked out best for all involved

update: not much other than I dropped the car off on 7/15/05 to get the lambo hinges built and installed. I will post as soon as I get the car back.

4.9 PFI FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4.9 PFI FIEROSend a Private Message to 4.9 PFI FIERODirect Link to This Post

Hey That looks like my car.

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2005 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4.9 PFI FIERO:

Hey That looks like my car.

LOL, but you got a blue thingy dingy

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Waiting on car to come back from recon engineering www.daytonimports.com . It is getting the prototype hinges done on it. A bump to keep it going.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4.9 PFI FIERO:

Very stylish ..what interior kit is that ?

PFF
System Bot
roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
I like your artist concept of the completed car.... your GT looks like it has a really bad rear suspention problem on your right rear tire (on the pic) maybe someone else already pointed this out.... Anywho, good luck with your project! ! !
-Roy

------------------
Real Sports cars only have 2 seats....

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988, 1of 241 yellow GT's

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2005 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
4 wheel steering JK. The previous owner wrecked it into a flower bed retaining wall and it tore the subframe where tie rod bolts in. I have never seen anything like it before. Subframe has no rust on it either.
FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YELLOWFIERO88:

Waiting on car to come back from recon engineering www.daytonimports.com . It is getting the prototype hinges done on it. A bump to keep it going.

Those hinges look very nice, especially with the ball bearing hinge design!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2005 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any progress to report ??

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
No not yet. Hinges are suposed to be done this week. But in the mean time this is what I have been doing.
Before:

After:

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 09-27-2005).]

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2005 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP
www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/053203.html

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 01-18-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Crappy.. I hate using shops I don't know on a personal level.... Sorry for the experience..

------------------

Custom Fiero Fiberglass

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2005 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Well looks like the project has come to a hault. The car is stuck in Dayton and I can not get ahold of them to get it. I have been trying to call them for the last 3 weeks and no answer there. When I say calling them i mean calling them every 1/2 hour on the hour. If this was not a family forumn I would be teaching you guys some new words right about now. I even showed up with the cops and a trailer to hopefully get it but there was no one there and the cop told me he cant do crud about it. "It is a civil matter". So right now I am doing searches for the owner and his private phone number to get ahold of this A55 H0L3 to get my dang car back.

OH DID I MENTION.........

There is no hinges on the car or are they made as of the last time i spoke with him. There is a prototype done but the actual one's are not done. Cver 3 months and not a damn thing done yet.

if the car was there i'd be tempted to steal it back

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Well what sucks about that is that I would go to jail. I have filed a complaint with the BBB so hopefully he will respond to that. I also called the Dayton courts and talked to them. If I file a small claims suit it will be my responsability to collect the debt he owes me. Hell He wont even answer the dang phone. What in the world would make him pay me money. I need a large Italian guy named Frankie to go pay him a visit and collect the debt.

------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post

I need a large Italian guy named Frankie to go pay him a visit and collect the debt.

Im Italian, large, but my name is Josh. Man that sucks, hopefully you get your car back AND money. Sucks you lost your time and maybe even more money dealing with this deadbeat. Keep us updated

PFF
System Bot
ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
Well, if you goto small claims and win, you could contract a repo man to get your car back and sell the debt to a collection agency to recoup some of the money.

-Rick

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Well what sucks about that is that I would go to jail. I have filed a complaint with the BBB so hopefully he will respond to that. I also called the Dayton courts and talked to them. If I file a small claims suit it will be my responsability to collect the debt he owes me. Hell He wont even answer the dang phone. What in the world would make him pay me money. I need a large Italian guy named Frankie to go pay him a visit and collect the debt.

go to jail for reposessing your own property?

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

go to jail for reposessing your own property?

Break and entering, trespassing.... Many things the owner of the shop could call him out for...

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2005 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone on this forum live near the shop that has your car, that they can see if someone is at the shop or even the car ? This is something that has to be done face to face or it might go on for a long time before anything is done .
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Well the car is on the trailer right now.
------------------

88GT 3.4SC
88GT T-TOP

[This message has been edited by YELLOWFIERO88 (edited 01-18-2006).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Well at least things are starting to get a little better... Sucks that it took so long for you, and the mystery must have been hard to handle.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Hey Yellow,

Next spring or summer when i come home to visit my folks in Middletown, i would like to come by and see your build and your cars, ..would that be ok ?

tomanyfieros

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2005 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tomanyfierosSend a Private Message to tomanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
you have a pm -
Thanks!
Jason
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2005 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Hey exoticse come over anytime you want. Door is always open

tomanyfieros I answered your pm tonight, thanks

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2005 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Well I started working on her tonight. I got it into the garage and started to strip the body off it.

About 2 hours later I had this

PFF
System Bot
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2005 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Well did alot of cleaning today and started to reinforce the chasis. Got the 2 x 2 x 1/4" wall box welded into the drivers side rocker. I still need to finish the upright boxing on it then move over to the passanger side. I am planning on cutting the roof off next weekend so there is alot of prep work to be done before then. Here you can see the box tube welded in.

Oh yea I am using a notchie clip on this one because it is best for the ideal I have in mind. All notchies should be used like I am . The duct tape is where the clip will be cut at. More detailed pics through the week of cutting the rocker and the reinforcing I am using on her.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2005 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
Hey Yellow ! first off cool thread I would love to do a fiero like this , Can am style . Well back to the subject If you use the notchie rear clip then you'll have to go with the rear tailight style. Was that your original plan ? From your concept it looks like you have the fastback style rear on the car. Just wondering .

------------------
HARDCORE SBC CRONIE AND PROUD OF IT ! GOT TQ ?

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:

Just wondering .

you will just have to stay up to date on this thread

Update.......SHE IS TOPLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here is all of the reinforcing put in. I still have to box in the front and rear of the tube stock and do a little dress up on it but so far so good.

A close up of some of the welds.

YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post

YELLOWFIERO88

1329 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Here I am deflowering a perfectly good fiero. Boy was that fun The roof did not sag at all when I cut it. The blade did not even pinch so I guess the supports are doing their job. There will be two more weeks of welding on the car to box everything in and get it to the point that I want it. from there I am going to be moding the interior to something that has not been done before. Dont ask you will see it when I post the pics

To get an ideal of how the glass is going to be layed out I put the fender, door, and 1/4 panel on. The green tape is where it is going to be cut at. Notice how much of the front windshield is cut down.

and another one
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
YELLOW please lay that windshield back a little
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
That was one of the first ideals I wanted to do was to lay it back. I was going to but I also do not want a tint strip that is 1" tall and goofy looking. If I lay it back then the front glass will be to low or I will have to have a goofy looking tint strip that I can do nothing about. I dont know if I can get a windshield that has no strip or not. I could always go with lexan but I do not know if it is street legal or not and also the price would also cost a fortune.
FIEROPHREK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
I'm just trying to give you some idea's but its your car so i'll shut up now and pull up a chair , get some chips, a DR Pepper and enjoy the thread
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2005 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
All coments are well appreciated. Some of the stuff I am making up as I go so who knows what it is going to be when it is done. LOL. Get me a Dr Pepper too please. I got the cheese dip for the chips
YELLOWFIERO88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2005 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YELLOWFIERO88Click Here to visit YELLOWFIERO88's HomePageSend a Private Message to YELLOWFIERO88Direct Link to This Post
Got a new toy in the mail today for the car. I will be working on it this weekend.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock