Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 48)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 
Previous Page | Next Page
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 2019
Last post by: madcurl on 02-10-2009 06:10 PM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I gotta add that I think the nose that a lot of people were critical of, is now looking pretty good.

Not much of that nose left unaltered. You did good!

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Not much of that nose left unaltered. You did good!

Correct, the only things that are the same as when Norm put it on the car are the lip around the bottom front, the C6 headlight locations & mounting method & the side marker light locations.

But early on, a lot of people were not liking that nose & not seeing or believing that is was going to turn out good.

Archie
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
WOW !!

I love it !! Archie and crew what a great job !

You guys definatly have something to be proud of, simply outstanding work !

Congratulations Curly, a longtime dream reaching reality.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-22-2008).]

GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Have a safe trip Curly. And post some road pics.

Joe
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I was one of those, Archie. Not really a fan of Norm's front end. But you tapered the rear corners down into the doors more so it didn't look so far above and it looks great.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Curly I want to see it person so bad.
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
It is amazing as nice as this car looks in pictures it looks even better in person

------------------

Chop Top 13 Revitalization

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Hey taz don't be shy. You could have let a little more of yours in those pics.They are related after all.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Hey taz don't be shy. You could have let a little more of yours in those pics.They are related after all.

Those are posted in Taz's thread

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F...L/066554-9.html#p333
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I just wanted to see the two together. Two very nice cars. thanks for the link.

[This message has been edited by 85duke (edited 10-25-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I kinda spread them around, you can find others in this thread...

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../040418-17.html#p677

Curley will be posting his pics this week.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Uh-oh Archie! I think the nose might be lopsided! J/K It looks great, and I love the touch that those Camaro hood vents add to it.
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
It does look good!

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by HC (edited 10-26-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Thanks HC. The photo-shops are beautiful, but for obvious reasons I can't go with orange (we don't want any over-lapping hehe). Strange that I never envision "white" as a option.

As for "red" #013, #004 are currently going that route, so I'm sticking to the Corvette that was featured in Luxury and Exotic.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Songman:

I was one of those, Archie. Not really a fan of Norm's front end. But you tapered the rear corners down into the doors more so it didn't look so far above and it looks great.

I'm glad you like it. I'll be bye your place in a few weeks for your inaugural pictorial again (like #011). This time we hope nobody will try and use them on the Internet again, hehe. I also need to check in on Orville. I haven't talked to him in some time. Orville's ideas are wrapped up in #020, so I need to give credit.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
I wish I would have known that you were comming in so I could have seen youoff. Loking good.

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by HC:

Nice photoshop. This just goes to show no matter what color its painted, it will come out looking fantastic!!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I'm glad you like it. I'll be bye your place in a few weeks for your inaugural pictorial again (like #011). This time we hope nobody will try and use them on the Internet again, hehe. I also need to check in on Orville. I haven't talked to him in some time. Orville's ideas are wrapped up in #020, so I need to give credit.

I was just down there on Wednesday and Thursday of last week picking parts off of his parts cars to get Marie's car going for the Coast Run. He's a little under the weather after having a little accident but he is okay. Just a little sore. He's having a couple of issues with the red car that he will be getting ironed out after he is back on his feet.

Give me a call anytime. I look forward to going for a ride!
HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCDirect Link to This Post

...I'm sticking to the Corvette that was featured in Luxury and Exotic.

Its a very difficult color to replicate on photoshop, its very rich and not as flat as gloss paint. I tried
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I must be different to the rest of the crowd because I love the look of the car from the front of the doors back but the front really isn't doing it for me. With the chop top and wedge shape the front is making the car look too front heavy. Like if it brakes heavily it will flip over. Each to his own they say.
PFF
System Bot
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
that looks nuckin futts i love it. can i have it?!?!
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieDirect Link to This Post
I am glad to here you made it all the way home with no problems.
and if you see my wheels at SEMA send them my way!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I am glad to here you made it all the way home with no problems.
and if you see my wheels at SEMA send them my way!

Professionally, BonSpeed should have made you're order #1 since your order was placed way ahead of the SEMA show. It be a different story had you order right before SEMA. HRE will tell you that up front and not to expect any quick orders.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
First off, I like to thank Archie for allowing me to give him a big three year headache in building my Fiero dream car. Archie believed in me and Archie followed through on all of my wishes....till the end. These guys finished my car at 12:13AM.

I would allow like to thank him for making the MadArch widebody kit for those who want something a bit different, but maintaining the Fiero's DNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ktAIqBN7g

I would also like to thank Kris for his excellent fiberglass skills and Rob's creative metal shaping skills. The Eclipse window is just one of his "skills" I'd appreciated.

I'll be back to his shop again, but this time it will be #015.

------------------

"Friends don't let friends drive stock"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-28-2008).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Curly when does #15 plan to roll out ?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Curly when does #15 plan to roll out ?

No need to "roll out" since the Mad-Arch widebody kit has been produced. I'll have mine tweaked a bit (cause you never bolt-on a part without first tweaking it) and then shipped out. Once the parts are bolted on, I'll roll-out to Archie for additional tweaking for #015. I have a few more tweaks that should look good (at least inside my head they look good), but that'll be next year since the weather isn't ideal traveling (Nov/Dec).

I've officially been "pimped."

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How much does it weigh?
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
I'll guess 3,080 without curly
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How much does it weigh?

Officially I don't know since we never weighed #020 prior to build-up, but I'm sure #020 weight is more now than it did prior to the build.
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
A lot of sweet progress since I looked the last time.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Check on an engine and brakes if they have anymore

They have another wreaked 2004 Z06 arriving today with less than 10,000 miles. Factory five is getting the entire Corvette.

Edit: sad news

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-29-2008).]

LS1 Troy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1 TroySend a Private Message to LS1 TroyDirect Link to This Post

They have another wreaked 2004 Z06 arriving today with less than 10,000 miles. Factory five is getting the entire Corvette.

Edit: sad news

Must be building another GTM: http://www.factoryfive.com/gtmhome.html
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
#020, #015, & #011 finally together under the same roof. Sorry about the poor pics, but it was 05:00HR and I was very, very tired.

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2008 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Please tell me you're going to do something about those horrendous gaps around the headlights before you paint it. It would be a shame to see that much work brought down by unsightly gaps.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Please tell me you're going to do something about those horrendous gaps around the headlights before you paint it. It would be a shame to see that much work brought down by unsightly gaps.

Was there a "horrendous gap" around the headlamp prior to #020 leaving Archie's?
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post

Was there a "horrendous gap" around the headlamp prior to #020 leaving Archie's?

Madcurl
I think he might have been refering to the rt h/l ( passenger side ) which looks very good on this picture

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:
Madcurl
I think he might have been refering to the rt h/l ( passenger side ) which looks very good on this picture

He knows exactly what 86 is referring to.

As you can see in the pic you posted there is no gap in the headlamps prior to leaving Archie's shop. We talked before the pictures were even posted and i knew already.

Curly experienced a road mishap of sorts on the way home and that is the reason for the gap,..nothing that cannot be easily fixed.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2008 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Leaving TX:

The F360 ears casting their shadow on west I-40 towards NM.

The weak JVC (woops Kenwood, hehe) held me captive during my 3,000 mile exodus (I sure missed my XM radio). The radio has now been replaced.

Edit: radio name correction. Hey, Joseph I hope you like your car, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-30-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, while at the stereo shop, I wanted a back-up color camera installed inside the soon-to-be defunked rear hatch lock. Although, I have pretty good visablity using the 350Z window the camera can aid in recording road trips.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-01-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock