Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 36)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 
Previous Page | Next Page
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 2019
Last post by: madcurl on 02-10-2009 06:10 PM
LS1 Troy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1 TroySend a Private Message to LS1 TroyDirect Link to This Post
MadCurl,

As your working on the rear fascia, have you considered removing the old ground effects body line? (as seen in this picture) It doesn't seem to match up / flow with any of the other body lines on the car.

Archie et al,

Keep up the good work. You guys have put some great craftsmanship into this car.

Later,
Troy

[This message has been edited by LS1 Troy (edited 05-28-2008).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LS1 Troy:

MadCurl,

As your working on the rear fascia, have you considered removing the old ground effects body line? (as seen in this picture) It doesn't seem to match up / flow with any of the other body lines on the car.

Archie et al,

Keep up the good work. You guys have put some great craftsmanship into this car.

Later,
Troy

Thanks Troy.

Yeah that line is getting removed by the time we finish it up.

How's the car running?

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
That's all Madcurl needs is more ideas....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That's all Madcurl needs is more ideas....

Too much time to re-think old ideas from the past. Hmm, funny how #015 rear bumper idea is now on #020.

LS1 Troy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LS1 TroySend a Private Message to LS1 TroyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Thanks Troy.

Yeah that line is getting removed by the time we finish it up.

How's the car running?

Archie

The car is running great. Over three years in service, and it get's driven daily when there's not snow / ice on the ground.

------------------
The 1st LS1Archie car

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Too much time to re-think old ideas from the past. Hmm, funny how #015 rear bumper idea is now on #020.

I remember way back when you first showed me that idea. Man time does fly doesn't it !?
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
What is that bumper corner from???

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
'07 3900 V6 Crate Motor Conversion

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2008 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

What is that bumper corner from???

Actually, like Tony mentioned, the pic was taken many yrs ago (maybe 2004?) at Trends. I was able to retrive (salvage) some used ricer mods from a import (Ford something?) and Trends (Joe) let me have the parts for free, since they were uable to repair this guys rear bumper.

The only part I was interested in was the two pieces you're viewing and was thinking about modding the part either onto the Redux or #015 bumper. Years later, we're back visiting this idea using certain parts, but maybe glassing them onto the Mad-Arch kit. It's not going to happen on #020, but maybe for #015. I still have both corners and will bring them to IL once #015 is up and running.

Pics from the J-files:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I called the Lotus Recycling place today regarding the delay in sending out the Lotus electrical wiper harness. They lied about sending it out 2-weeks ago and are now stating, "I'll recieve it on Wedneday." Good thing I'm not on a deadline.

The "donor" car:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Originally posted by Fiero Owner:

What happened to that car, was it smashed on the drivers side? I see the mirror is off.

Pic for Fiero Owner; I refuse to use my last post 9,999 post, hehe.
Side impact:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-02-2008).]

Fiero Owner

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post
What happened to that car, was it smashed on the drivers side? I see the mirror is off.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
More #20 from the archives

PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Lets bring this back to life with some photos that were just shot up to me.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Now that the Dells show is over & all the special projects we had to get ready for that show are done, we have time to bring you up to date on the last leg of the Curley mobile.

As stated earlier in this thread, Curley was here several weeks ago & we laid out a plan for what needed to be done to wrap this car up.

One of those items was the new side vents in the bumper behind the tires, we'll be showing more on that later.

You'll also recall that Curley bought a Ford Gt rear window vent.

We have worked at installing that vent into the rear bumper below the plate.

Here's a bit about how we mounted it.

Here's an in process pic of the vent installed in the bumper...(it will be easier to see once all the glass work is done)..

We don't want to glass the vent into the bumper because it's made of soft plastic & may have developed cracks around the edges over time. So we needed to make the vent a bolt in, however Ford designed the vent so that there was only mounting holes along one side, so we had to make it work with those holes. The vent mounting area here is viewed from under the bumper. We built a recessed mounting flange into the bumper on the 3 sides of the vent that had no provisions for mounting. These pics show those mounting flanges.....

Looking at the bumper from the inside shows the studs that were glassed in that the vent will bolt onto when installed.....

Here's how the vent sits into position on those studs......

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 06-05-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Curley, we've shaped the right rear side scoop, rough sanded down the fiberglass then primed it to see if you like it.

Then with the side marker......

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
A few rear reflector pics.

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I'm not "feeling" it. IMO the reflectors are not long enough for the above exhaust placement nor between license plate and exhaust body opening. As for the body line that I originally wanted, I like it, but as I feared-I've changed my mind; again . The bottom half of the vent (angle) is in serious need of changing whereas the upper half I think I'm okay with this angle, but we'll see.

Disclaimer; Archie and the Crew are only following my instructions, but I tend to change my mind (a lot). I'll give you a call Archie on Saturday as-to the changes.

Oh yeah, this is my official 10,000th post!
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Here are some photos from the man himself Curly. I am feeling this one as well. looks nicer to me as well

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~

rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzDirect Link to This Post
Curley,

How bought just eliminate that marlker light the curves of the light don't flow with the curves of the car in that area , plus it might look cluttered if you keep it there were it's dran in. Why not try a skinnier light ( a euro round markerlight may look good too) that will fit just below the bumper body line above the vent or a marker the follows the arc of the wheel well. Just my 2c's

Rod
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rodrieguz:

Curley,

How bought just eliminate that marlker light the curves of the light don't flow with the curves of the car in that area , plus it might look cluttered if you keep it there were it's dran in. Why not try a skinnier light ( a euro round markerlight may look good too) that will fit just below the bumper body line above the vent or a marker the follows the arc of the wheel well. Just my 2c's

Rod

First off, thank you for your suggestions; I take all options seriously. Your correct about the area being "too cluttered" and a euro might be an better option, but in this case the fronts too would need to be changed. A "option" if done over would to use something that Demacheo used on #025 chopper (mini Copper). However, Plan B is to learn from #015 chopper.

If the mounting points are okay, this might solve all issues.

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnDirect Link to This Post
(Archie might hate this)

Curly, think about recessing a marker lamp into the upper edge of the cutout you just created. It would be invisible during daylight hours, but would bathe the cutout in red light at night. And you could do the same thing at the front using amber lights.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Sorry, I suck at Photoshop

------------------
87 SE V6 Turbo

Screw the L67...

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doc John:

(Archie might hate this)

Curly, think about recessing a marker lamp into the upper edge of the cutout you just created. It would be invisible during daylight hours, but would bathe the cutout in red light at night. And you could do the same thing at the front using amber lights.

Yes. That was the original plan to recess or "french" the rear side maker. The fronts may need changing too since I've been thinking about from my last visit to Archie's. I think the C16 are too; Frenched-in, but I need to recheck.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Sorry, I suck at Photoshop

I like this location too, but the length of the reflector isn't lone enough to support the area so I'm going to look at a 1985 Caddy reflector.

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Plan A

Plan B

Plan C

Plan D

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 06-08-2008).]

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
I'm likin' PLAN C the best!

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

[This message has been edited by SAFASTRO (edited 06-09-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

Plan A

Archie performed the green mock-up pics and I'm going with Plan A, but it looks like my drawing with a smaller vent opening. Judging from the mock-up, the Corvette side marker is a near perfect placement. Also Lotus wiper placement is a sucess and thus the Crew has started on the V-shaped vent. I'm really feeling the vent now! At this rate, I think I might be able to drive my car back to CA after the 25th, but will see.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

I'm likin' PLAN C the best!

------------------
87 SE V6 Turbo

Screw the L67...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

I like Plane C too, but I'm trying to copy the "bottom shelf" fx from the front and rocker examples. In plane C- the bottom shelf is above the body line.

Both vents leading and are resting on a "shelf."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-09-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I love it when a "plan" comes together. The Mercedes "Claw" is now a faded memory, hehe

Here's the plan.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Thanks TD37. I thought the package was from the Lotus recycling place. Good thing I didn't send out the pakage to Archie's.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070268.html
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Okay, back to the newly reshaped rear vent projections;

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

So the door handles are about 2 feet off the ground?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

So the door handles are about 2 feet off the ground?

Well the door handles are in the same place in the door panel as they were stock. However the Door Cap hides the handle because it comes down to where the bottom edge of the Fiero side trim used to be.

I don't know what's the deal with all the arrows in that pics. Unless Curley is thinking about some more tweeks.

Archie
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post

I like Plane C too, but I'm trying to copy the "bottom shelf" fx from the front and rocker examples. In plane C- the bottom shelf is above the body line.

Both vents leading and are resting on a "shelf."

I see where you're coming from.....good choice!
I think straightening out the vent line will match up with the rocker vent angle quite well.
Lookin good!!

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Getting the correct position:

No work today on #020.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-10-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Positioning continued;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
OPERATION; CLEAN SWEEP IS CURRENTLY IN FULL SWING MOD, hehe.

As you can see, the Lotus wiper sweeps the Fiero/Eclipse beautifully. Granted, these pics are not the final location; thus Archie and the Crew will dropped the Lotus system down into the gully of the Fiero's air/heat box by 1 or 2". This will allow for the Norm's C6 flipper area to be raised to the level similar to the actual Lotus Elise. Just like the Elise hood, #020 will sport a "V-shape" to provide room for the arm an window squiter.

Once the hood area (between the hood scope) is elevated and glassed, the sides will either be shaved down and tappered and then glass to death for a smooth transition. The end result will appear as though the hood has deepth and roundness; something I truely wanted for a choptop. Granted, the Eclipse windshield is the "key" along with Norms C6 flipper and PISA hood scoop.

Enjoy the pics (Thanks Fiero Thomas and 4.9 for your help).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-10-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Okay, we're moving onto the ramping FX on PISA's hood scoop. The goal is;

1. Angle the the inside corners using slabs of fiberglass @45 degrees.
2. A reduction or lowering of the V-corners to reduce it "hump" FX.
3. Once the V-humps (pictured where the newly formed glass) place grills inside.

V-corners reduced and later the outersides will be smooth into the hood.

Cardboard example w/slanted angle.

Bad drawing, but you get the idea: Projected screen placement

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-11-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Okay, we're moving onto the ramping FX on PISA's hood

Bad drawing, but you get the idea: Projected screen placement

Won't work but when I saw that I thought of taking the grille from a G6 GXP and flipping them inside out and rotating them so the drivers side is facing in on the passenger side and still shows the scoop. Give it a little Pontiac hint.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock