Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Madcurl's Arch Rival !! (Page 26)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 
Previous Page | Next Page
Madcurl's Arch Rival !! by exoticse
Started on: 04-07-2005 02:39 AM
Replies: 2019
Last post by: madcurl on 02-10-2009 06:10 PM
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:
what do i see being done back there in the back???is that a set of wide front fenders bein fitted on a chopper??? ...or am i mistaken

Yes, that is #13 getting the full widebody treatment!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066554.html
IP: Logged
Kaleb

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Yes, that is #13 getting the full widebody treatment!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066554.html

ahh thought so..thanx...thats gonna be one sick lookin fiero too
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2007 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Archie

Unidentical twins! I like the look of both cars, similar yet different.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Stock side view mirrors not 100% visable

360s...100% visability

We've come a long way baby....from here.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-15-2007).]

Fiero Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2007 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero OwnerSend a Private Message to Fiero OwnerDirect Link to This Post

What taillight panel is that and what taillights?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Couple of different shots of the 360's

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-28-2007).]

FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2007 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Those look like they were made for the widebody kit. Any plans to "tweak" them, make molds, or create something similiar from scratch to offer to the Fiero community? I bet many would be interested who have "other" kits, or that just want to spice up their stock Fiero. It would definitely be an add-on to anyone who wants a widebody kit from you down the road. (myself being one of them)

Just curious,
Greg
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Those look like they were made for the widebody kit. Any plans to "tweak" them, make molds, or create something similiar from scratch to offer to the Fiero community? I bet many would be interested who have "other" kits, or that just want to spice up their stock Fiero. It would definitely be an add-on to anyone who wants a widebody kit from you down the road. (myself being one of them)

Just curious,
Greg

I tried to purchase a pair from a guy over-the-pond but he didn't want to sell them w/o buying the whole kit car, however there maybe others venders in the U.S.A.? As for making a mold, it isn't that easy since it consist of 4-individual parts not to mention the electric motor and outside temp gauge.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-31-2007).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Besides, I've already been sued by the F'ers once.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

As for making them, I doubt the market would support such a project since having a widebody or phat rear end is needed? Besides, due to copy rights, I don't need a Ferrari lawyer (pardon the pun) "In My Rear-view Mirror" or "On My Rear End," hehe.

I agree 100%!

It would be better to purchase a "buggered-up" 360 on Ebay and proceed in sprucing it up; like I did. If you're stars and planets are correctly lined up, you just might find a set on Ebay; otherwise I'd keep the original side view mirrors. The Porsche mirror was my second choice and the new Camero mirror was my third, but I'd doubt they make that one....it's too purdy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-31-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2007 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
i want this car........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
waiting on altered C6 side vent pics.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

and the new Camero mirror was my third, but I'd doubt they make that one....it's too purdy.

I'll bet you dollars for donuts that the mirrors seen on the new Camaro prototype don't make it into production. For some reason the concept cars are always chopped and have unrealistically small rear view mirrors. And I don't think you will see a mirror yet replaced by a camera... a simple piece of glass has much higher resolution than any camera and it's image is in 3D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I'll bet you dollars for donuts that the mirrors seen on the new Camaro prototype don't make it into production. For some reason the concept cars are always chopped and have unrealistically small rear view mirrors. And I don't think you will see a mirror yet replaced by a camera... a simple piece of glass has much higher resolution than any camera and it's image is in 3D.

Yep. You're right on that one. However, it's nice to dream, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-03-2007).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

What is funny is how there was the other thread about that idiot company Xtremedoors making lambo doors for the Fiero.......here's proof that it can be done once again
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
What is funny is how there was the other thread about that idiot company Xtremedoors making lambo doors for the Fiero.......here's proof that it can be done once again

It can be done...the only issue is cost. A blank Decah/VDI hinge is about $1299 + shipping. Now after you have your favorite body shop modify it and install it, you are at about $2K which is more than your average Fiero owner wants to pay. But Curley has proven several times over that it can be done.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 09-03-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Was that due to making direct copies from a factory part, or designing & making your own version of a part with very similar styling features? I read an article once about the issue of "trade dress" & design infringement.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
Was that due to making direct copies from a factory part, or designing & making your own version of a part with very similar styling features? .

Anybody can sue anyone for any reason at any time. Big companies with lots of corporate lawyers on the payroll routinely harrass small busineses and individuals. It doesn't mean they are right, it just means they will intimidate most to give in rather than wage an expensive legal battle.
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I knew it would be hard to get good pics during the show on Saturday at my shop, so I took some pics of the Arch-Rival prior to the show.

Yes, we already know that it needs to be lowered.....

Curley likes pics of the new mirrors.....

Always gotta have a couple of pics of the doors open......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
These are the 2 best pics from that day. They show the nice clean modern look of the decklid/rear window area before they are subject to more changes.....

Archie
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
WOW Archie!
Looking good.....I keep wanting to do that window/hatch on my car every time I see it.
Very modern looking!!
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2007 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post

SAFASTRO

604 posts
Member since Nov 2006
Oh, and the mirrors add a lot to the car as well!!!
Good choice Curly!!
fieroman87

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman87Send a Private Message to fieroman87Direct Link to This Post
MUST......
BE........
LOWERED!!!!

------------------
Arty: a.k.a. FestYboy or Fieroman87
'87 GT 5 spd. (soon to be 3.6L TT 6 spd.), '88 Festiva 5 spd. rockin' a high revin' 1.6, '87 Scirocco 5 spd. (VR6 swap?)
AIM: FestYboy88L

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman87:

MUST......
BE........
LOWERED!!!!

I'll ask Archie tommorow sell me one of those drop spindles, hehe.

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Oh, and the mirrors add a lot to the car as well!!!
Good choice Curly!!

Thanks. It's one of the only ways to clear those big hips...up, outward, and over!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-12-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

I knew it would be hard to get good pics during the show on Saturday at my shop, so I took some pics of the Arch-Rival prior to the show.

Yes, we already know that it needs to be lowered.....

Curley likes pics of the new mirrors.....

Thanks Archie for posting new pics (for me) of the 360s and reshaped fog vents. The car is slowly being reshaped and tweaked to death! Boy do I hate untweaked stock parts!

Any pics in front with both doors up or closed?
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Archie:

this is a true fiero supercar
i am totally impressed
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rob on the nice 360 mirror job. The tri-angular piece is nicely fitted over the modified area and retro fitted with the 360 mounting surface.

Your skills are now need for the up coming F430, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Fiero 360 version:

The Real deal 360 version:

Tappered dreams:

Reality check:

PFF
System Bot
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
ok i love what you did, it needs to be lowered for sure, and i think just my opinion, you should do a lil more with the rear bumper, you changed eveything but that, and the fiero gt side effects still show on rear bumper but no where else.
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I agree but i guess some fiero-ness needs to show through.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroman22:

ok i love what you did, it needs to be lowered for sure, and i think just my opinion, you should do a lil more with the rear bumper, you changed eveything but that, and the fiero gt side effects still show on rear bumper but no where else.

He definatly has a plan for that.
Vladd

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2007 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VladdSend a Private Message to VladdDirect Link to This Post
frickin awesome but IMO the skirt on the front bumper (where it drops down in front of the front wheel) needs to be rounded more, it's the only sharp angle i see on the whole car, everything else flows really well
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
New items for #020: Dakota Digital tire monitors. I'm hoping to have the monitor installed into the Pisa dash similar to #015 chopper.

Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
TPMS in a Fiero, nice. This thing is going to be insane, any thoughts on a color yet? Red almost seems fitting because it is very similar to a ferrari.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2007 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
A good visual of the 360s out and away from the rear hips. The 360s arm stand swing forward and backwards in preventing possible damage while parking your car in the garage or on the streets. If you've notice I have a little bit of rust near the radiator area, but the rust will be addressed at a later date. The pic is to demonstrate the mirrors, fog vents, and most importantly how Archie and the Crew are changing & modernizing the over-all look of the Fiero. IMO the 360s will no doubt inspire others to venture into different types of mirrors. Stay tuned! Oh yeah, I know the car isn't lowered and the hood isn't finished, hehe.

Styling from a real Modena; I think the differences are far apart keeping the Arch Rival separate and definitely not equal, hehe.

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

TPMS in a Fiero, nice. This thing is going to be insane, any thoughts on a color yet? Red almost seems fitting because it is very similar to a ferrari.

A Candy Brandy wine or Ferrari, Viper red.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Updating the Fiero: Tweaking the Fiero using Ferrari 360 Modena side mirrors.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-04-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 51 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock