Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 6)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 577
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 02-10-2009 09:19 AM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Ski.... How come you took off the cowl scoop for that last show? Maybe I got the timeline confused, OR was it cause of the long trip perhaps?? At first I wasn't sure, it just looked like it against the flag in the background. But later you posted a pic with the hood open and it was missing... Just curious.

------------------

19 Year Old Fierophile.
--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

IP: Logged
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
Skiitime
I just wanted to say you have done an EXCELENT job on your car, and in a very short time compare to others. I would love to see your car in person one day, I wish you were coming to the Daytona show, I will be there tomorrow.
I am rebuilding a Countach replica and I hope my car comes out at least 1/2 as nice as yours.
Keep up the good work
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

Ski.... How come you took off the cowl scoop for that last show? Maybe I got the timeline confused, OR was it cause of the long trip perhaps?? At first I wasn't sure, it just looked like it against the flag in the background. But later you posted a pic with the hood open and it was missing... Just curious.

That was explained in my last section.

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the write up, Ski! This thread, and Archie's V8 buildup threads are some of the most enjoyable ones I've read. I love seeing how the cars come together, and especially hearing the owner's ideas behind the car. Incredible work!

I still want to do a decklid vent for my Formula (no window, just the vent), but I'll be sure to give you credit for the idea.

Oh, and how about some info on the CD changer? I just put in a Monsoon UP3 from Kru and if I can add a CD changer to it, that would rock. How do you activate the changer? I see AM/FM and Tape Play buttons, but nothing to start playing the from the changer.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Ohh... Sorry Ski. I must have missed that quick line about prior to Fierorama. Sorry to hear, but I'm sure it'll come out better than new.
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Thanks for the write up, Ski! This thread, and Archie's V8 buildup threads are some of the most enjoyable ones I've read. I love seeing how the cars come together, and especially hearing the owner's ideas behind the car. Incredible work!

I still want to do a decklid vent for my Formula (no window, just the vent), but I'll be sure to give you credit for the idea.

Oh, and how about some info on the CD changer? I just put in a Monsoon UP3 from Kru and if I can add a CD changer to it, that would rock. How do you activate the changer? I see AM/FM and Tape Play buttons, but nothing to start playing the from the changer.

Thanks for the compliment. If your radio has a nine pin plug in the center of the back then you are CD ready. The radio does not display the CD stuff until the CD is plugged in. It is a sweet setup and only the 9 pin harness is needed to connect and power the CD changer so install is a cinch.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacDirect Link to This Post
Great Post dave, You have been a great insperation to myself as well as a great friend to call on for answers (and an engine window) This thread was a joy reading and now I know I'm not alone in the perfection madness, Its truly Stunning.

------------------

Neal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Thanks for the compliment. If your radio has a nine pin plug in the center of the back then you are CD ready. The radio does not display the CD stuff until the CD is plugged in. It is a sweet setup and only the 9 pin harness is needed to connect and power the CD changer so install is a cinch.

Ski first off love the car nothing short of a spectacular show/road car

But i got a question on the CD changer. So the delco unit will work with ANY brand changer as long as its a 9 pin plug???
reason im asking is i have an old alpine headunit and changer (read very ugly) and if i could get the delco headunit in place of the alpine and not have to touch the changer id be a pretty happy guy.
So basically do you know if that would work for me?

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed in your pic it displaying the CD changer info. The one unanswered question I have is what button do you push to switch between radio/CD/and tape? I can see you hit "Tape Play" to start playing a tape, and you can hit "AM/FM" to switch back to radio if a tape is playing (without having to eject it). But if you're playing the radio, how do you switch to the CD changer?

I love how the lighting on the unit switches depending on if you're listening to CD or Radio. That's just too cool.

And thanks again for the info. Hope my question doesn't seem too obvious. I'm a bit confused. (It would probably all be pitifully obvious, if I had the changer plugged in)

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Thanks! Yeah, I noticed in your pic it displaying the CD changer info. The one unanswered question I have is what button do you push to switch between radio/CD/and tape? I can see you hit "Tape Play" to start playing a tape, and you can hit "AM/FM" to switch back to radio if a tape is playing (without having to eject it). But if you're playing the radio, how do you switch to the CD changer?

I love how the lighting on the unit switches depending on if you're listening to CD or Radio. That's just too cool.

And thanks again for the info. Hope my question doesn't seem too obvious. I'm a bit confused. (It would probably all be pitifully obvious, if I had the changer plugged in)

After the CD is connected the following buttons do the functions listed below in CD mode.

TAPE PLAY - Starts CD if no tape is inserted
RECALL - Shows CD track and time in song
SEEK - Moves up and down in songs on CD
1 PREV - Moves down in songs on CD
2 Next - Moves up in songs on CD
3 PROG - Next CD is cartridge
4 RANDOM - Randomly plays songs from all CDs
5 REV - Moves back in currently playing CD song
6 FWD - Moves forward in currently playing CD song

Like I mentioned below this is im my opinion one of the best sounding radios and keeps it stock looking too. These are the same radios available in the current expensive GM cars like the Grand Prix and Bonnevilles. If you have the same radio only the CD model there is a plug in the back to add a cassette player too.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-21-2003 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Took me two days to read this thread, and it was well worth it (Gotta figure out why it takes 20-30 sec to open each page, and 20-30 sec to return, I have broadband). I had some questions, namely, on your supplies. What brand names/vendors on stuff like the urethane repair materials, bonding agents, plastic rivets/trees, etc. All the routine consumables that you keep around. Do you shop on price? (Probably not! ) Being that the car shows you frequent are too far away for me to drive to nowadays, I'll have to be content to view pics. Post more!!!!!!

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Wow! Took me two days to read this thread, and it was well worth it (Gotta figure out why it takes 20-30 sec to open each page, and 20-30 sec to return, I have broadband). I had some questions, namely, on your supplies. What brand names/vendors on stuff like the urethane repair materials, bonding agents, plastic rivets/trees, etc. All the routine consumables that you keep around. Do you shop on price? (Probably not! ) Being that the car shows you frequent are too far away for me to drive to nowadays, I'll have to be content to view pics. Post more!!!!!!

JazzMan

Well the material I use for lots of stuff with the urethane body parts is a product found at professional body work suppliers. I use a brand SEM product number 39508 and it is called RIGID?TPO REPAIR MATERIAL. It is a two part epoxy type material that is designed for flexable panels which is sandable. This stuff is not cheap. I do use it to bond pieces together. The plastic rivets are available at most car parts suppliers. I try to buy what the professionals use. Especially because my painter demands it. Buy your body repair stuff where the pros do and not at Kmart or even Autozones.

More pics? I would think you guys have seen enough. Here is one pic from our ride home from the Fierorama. My pretzel from a rest stop was cold.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 03-21-2003).]

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2003 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
please please please email me on how you made the scoop and the chin spoiler...i love them

at very least the chin spoiler please i really really want to make these parts also...but mod them a bit so they are not a copy of course...i would not ruin your work by making a copy of it...

-Phil

------------------
Pontiac Firefly 87 1.0L
Pontiac Fiero 86 SE 2.8L
Buick Skyhawk 76 3.8L
GMC Jimmy 85 305
"It's not how fast you go, but how good you look goin"

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2003 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, Wrong Topic!

[This message has been edited by Fierochic88 (edited 03-24-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2003 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phil86SE:

please please please email me on how you made the scoop and the chin spoiler...i love them

at very least the chin spoiler please i really really want to make these parts also...but mod them a bit so they are not a copy of course...i would not ruin your work by making a copy of it...

-Phil

Not to intrude on Ski's post at all, but this is the thread that I refer people to who are interested in how a Skitime/Lawrence-style chin spoiler is created. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000001/HTML/20030204-2-027606.html

Ski- as always, you're work is immaculate & most impressive, and I can hardly wait to head out east again!

vassago12

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2003 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vassago12Send a Private Message to vassago12Direct Link to This Post
This thread has been like a good book to me, I just can not stop reading it. I am trying to do my homework, yet I find myself continualy distracted by this thread. Your car looks amazing Skitime! Being the owner of a red 88GT myself, your thread is very inspirational to me. Once agin, great post and great car!
Scott

------------------
1988 GT

Tweek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2003 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweekSend a Private Message to TweekDirect Link to This Post

Here is one pic from our ride home from the Fierorama. My pretzel from a rest stop was cold.

Ahh, so that's what they mean by clean enought to eat off. That's the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

Good Thread

XRacer Pro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XRacer ProClick Here to visit XRacer Pro's HomePageSend a Private Message to XRacer ProDirect Link to This Post
Awesome...just Awesome!! I'm dumbfounded...speechless...great job!

------------------
XRacer Pro

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by XRacer Pro:

Awesome...just Awesome!! I'm dumbfounded...speechless...great job!

Hey thanks!

------------------

White 88 GT Stock
History of Skitimes Car

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

More pics?

You can't be too rich, too thin, or have too many pics of Skitime's car. Lovely, beautiful, awesome.

Skitime - Do you think it would be possible for you to take a picture from this spot but without the car? Then the rest of us can photoshop our own car in that location and fantisize that our cars are as nice as yours.

canadiangtfiero86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canadiangtfiero86Send a Private Message to canadiangtfiero86Direct Link to This Post
In the one pic of rear of car looks like there is no window did u mod it some how so u can take it out!
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2003 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canadiangtfiero86:

In the one pic of rear of car looks like there is no window did u mod it some how so u can take it out!

The removable rear window is covered on page 1 of the thread. Now pay more attention are reread my thead. lol

SDFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SDFieroClick Here to visit SDFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to SDFieroDirect Link to This Post
Your not alone skitime. I missed the pinout change between manual and automatic at the c500 when I did my engine swap also.

Great car and a wonderful thread.

------------------

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2003 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

You can't be too rich, too thin, or have too many pics of Skitime's car. Lovely, beautiful, awesome.

Skitime - Do you think it would be possible for you to take a picture from this spot but without the car? Then the rest of us can photoshop our own car in that location and fantisize that our cars are as nice as yours.

I will have to try to get a picture without my car there. I was looking at that set of pics and here is one picture I did not post before. Not sure why it seems pretty good.

Kaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2003 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KazSend a Private Message to KazDirect Link to This Post
Ski,
Your car looks awsome.
I had a chance to see you car at the fierorama 2002 but I couldn't make it.
but now I'm going to Carlisle next month.
Can't wait to see your car.

------------------

Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2003 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
Skitime, I love your car, but (sorry I can't help myself) I really don't like the hood. I know it is a vent, however it is venting into a high pressure area. I think it would be more effective, and more in keeping with a mid engine design, if it involved some sort of dropped centre design.

Given your flair for design you should be able to come up with a new variation on the "Warber" style vent like Archie's Stinger uses. I would like to see the hood show the level of originality you have displayed on the rear deck, side vents and front air dam.

As you have said yourself, everything needs to be functional, and I think there is a far more functional way to design a vented hood.

Yours is one of about a half dozen Fieros which have greatly surpassed their humble roots, good work.

BTW, I'd like to discuss photography sometime, I like to learn.

Ira

------------------
The Iron Duke Resource Site

Ira Crummey
1985 coupe

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2003 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
Ski your car the the greatest Fastback I have ever seen. I get goosebumps everytime I see a pic of it.

I just hope one day I could have a pic of our cars together. Come to the GTA Fiero Show!!!!!!!!!

------------------

Real Sports Cars, Dont Have Cup Holders!

Gridlock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 220
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2003 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GridlockSend a Private Message to GridlockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

Skitime, I love your car, but (sorry I can't help myself) I really don't like the hood. I know it is a vent, however it is venting into a high pressure area. I think it would be more effective, and more in keeping with a mid engine design, if it involved some sort of dropped centre design.

Given your flair for design you should be able to come up with a new variation on the "Warber" style vent like Archie's Stinger uses. I would like to see the hood show the level of originality you have displayed on the rear deck, side vents and front air dam.

As you have said yourself, everything needs to be functional, and I think there is a far more functional way to design a vented hood.

Yours is one of about a half dozen Fieros which have greatly surpassed their humble roots, good work.

BTW, I'd like to discuss photography sometime, I like to learn.

Ira

How origional is it to copy the Warber design? I see he isn't the first to mount a zr2 scoop, but he is the first to mount it that it looks like it belongs on the Fiero. I think that takes a bit more work, and a bit more origionality. Just because you wanted to cut a hole in your hood, doesn't make you an expert on the cooling properties of mid-engined designs, or modifying vehicles to suit personal tastes.

So far in this thread, 3 people have spoke up to say what they don't like about Skitimes work. And so far I have not seen 3 people that can prove they can do it better.

Most have us have appreciated your effort in writing the history of your car. Thank you for taking the time.

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2003 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

If you have the same radio only the CD model there is a plug in the back to add a cassette player too.

I have a Cassette/Radio from a '96 Firebird in my 88GT and I would like to add the following note: If you have a cassette in the slot and a changer connected then pressing the tape button twice will invoke the changer.

Also after about '98 the CD/Radio models will also control a CD changer as well as an external cassette.

And there is an adapter you can get to add aux inputs and still have your changer connected, (I have my DVD connected that way) I hope that helps

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monza76:

I know it is a vent, however it is venting into a high pressure area. I think it would be more effective, and more in keeping with a mid engine design, if it involved some sort of dropped centre design.

Ira

Actually the hood design is very efficient at extracting heat. The windshield actually gets warm to the touch from it. I did study the air pressure to see if it would work. The base of the windshield actually is only a weak pressure area not a high pressure area. The air coming out of it during driving is easily felt if you put your hand about the windshield when the t-tops are off. The radiator actually redirects the air upward since it is tilted forward so that puts the pressure on the bottom of the hood while driving.

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2003 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Skitime wrote: Actually the hood design is very efficient at extracting heat. The windshield actually gets warm to the touch from it. I did study the air pressure to see if it would work. The base of the windshield actually is only a weak pressure area not a high pressure area. The air coming out of it during driving is easily felt if you put your hand about the windshield when the t-tops are off. The radiator actually redirects the air upward since it is tilted forward so that puts the pressure on the bottom of the hood while driving.

Fair enough, the pressure differential is great enough for the vent to work. I guess the old cowl induction hoods only work with fairly upright windshields like the old Camaros, Corvettes and Chevelles had, not enough angle to the Fiero. Sounds like the airflow must be pretty significant, would be great for clearing windshields in my climate

I am very interested in learning more about "basic" custom work, I am not ready for anything complex yet. I am starting with a Dodge Shadow rear spoiler https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/034686.html and a hood vent similar to Archie's Stinger. I would then like to add a centre vent to the rear deck similar to the one you have behind your engine window, however with just a vent. From there I was hoping to add some driving lamps but only if I can come up with an interesting way to mount them in a standard style coupe nose (1985). I doubt if it will ever reach the point where the history of my car will be a 6 page item. (or even one page for that matter)

Thanks
Ira

------------------
The Iron Duke Resource Site

Ira Crummey
1985 coupe

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (hope I got all of the spelling errors this time)(edited 04-19-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 04-19-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2003 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post

Monza76

1298 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Gridlock Wrote:How origional is it to copy the Warber design? I see he isn't the first to mount a zr2 scoop, but he is the first to mount it that it looks like it belongs on the Fiero. I think that takes a bit more work, and a bit more origionality. Just because you wanted to cut a hole in your hood, doesn't make you an expert on the cooling properties of mid-engined designs, or modifying vehicles to suit personal tastes.

So far in this thread, 3 people have spoke up to say what they don't like about Skitimes work. And so far I have not seen 3 people that can prove they can do it better.

Most have us have appreciated your effort in writing the history of your car. Thank you for taking the time.

Hey Gridlock, lighten up. I have already said that Skitimes is one of the best Fieros out there, so there was one thing I didn't like, last time I checked I was allowed to express an opinion. Note that my post to Skitime was considerably more positive than this implication that I am no more than a mindless critic.

BTW this is the first time I have had anyone post a personal slur like that. I am sorry that you feel so strongly on this point that you wish to make it personal, please read Skitimes response so that you can have a greater appreciation for how to deal with a difference of opinion in a constructive manner (and as a gentleman).

I would also like to note that I was quite surprized to read that I did not appreciate Skitime's effort, maybe there was some other way I should have expressed myself, I guess "Yours is one of about a half dozen Fieros which have greatly surpassed their humble roots, good work." was far too vague.

Keep up the good work Skitime, I apologize for wasting bandwidth on this response but sometimes we must address an issue.

Ira

[This message has been edited by Monza76 (edited 04-19-2003).]

gt boy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt boySend a Private Message to gt boyDirect Link to This Post
holy crap....i just spent over a hour reading this damn post...now i will never be able to wake up on time for work!!

i know it has been said before...but awsome job ski.

------------------
"it's too bad he had to run out of talent half way through the corner..."

fieromadman

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2003 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
WOW great time on the mods, first time i read this beast, took me 2.5 hours and thats JUST reading what you posted, i cant tell you how many times i found my self drooling, i think you owe me for a new set of eyeballs, their glued to the monitor! Im looking at doing the 3800 SC swap in one of my cars too, i hope mine turns out half as good as yours! Good luck in the future with the shows! Gotta love that Fiero!

------------------
That's the extent of my intellect
www.geocities.com/j_depies
step into the fiero kingdom

Streak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2003 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StreakClick Here to visit Streak's HomePageSend a Private Message to StreakDirect Link to This Post
... WOW!

Save for the window over the engine, everything looks like it came that way from the factory. Everything fits so nicely.

Now I wish I had enough money, time and skills to do some of that.

Amazing looking car, awesome writeup.

84se-Stock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2003 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84se-StockSend a Private Message to 84se-StockDirect Link to This Post
What a spectacular piece of work your car is. I was amazed that someone could something so out-of-this-world with a car which stock looks unlike anything else on the road. I got a chuckle when I came across the pictures of Anthony's (Jelly2m8) and Lori's (Blackie2m8) cars and garage...as my friend and I have gone to him already for parts for his fiero and I work for the same company as Lori. It just goes to show that it's a small world.

Anyway...my question to you is have you kept track of the amount of money you have put into your project? I'm interested to know how much this journey has cost you (understanding that you did most of the work yourself).

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2003 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84se-Stock:

What a spectacular piece of work your car is. I was amazed that someone could something so out-of-this-world with a car which stock looks unlike anything else on the road. I got a chuckle when I came across the pictures of Anthony's (Jelly2m8) and Lori's (Blackie2m8) cars and garage...as my friend and I have gone to him already for parts for his fiero and I work for the same company as Lori. It just goes to show that it's a small world.

Anyway...my question to you is have you kept track of the amount of money you have put into your project? I'm interested to know how much this journey has cost you (understanding that you did most of the work yourself).

Yes it is a small Fiero world. Actually I did all the work. Only things I sent the car out for was paint (not body work) and the custom exhaust. I never kept track of the cost but it is a lot less than most would believe. I would guess under $10K at this point. Thanks for the compliments.

Guess will add my new signature to this thread.

I am going to have to update this thread soon so there are several new items.

------------------

White 88 GT Stock
History of Skitimes Car

Monza76

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2003 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
The more I read and think about it the more I realize that the 3.8, even without the supercharger, is probably the best engine for my driving style. The Caddy 4.9 is in second place, a little harder to find where I am and a little more expensive to maintain. The Quad 4 is an emotional favourite, I like the inline four and the high tech head, but it is somewhat more demanding of the driver and does not bolt up to my transmission.

It will be a while before I am financially able to try this but it is definitely on my mind.

Thanks for the inspiration Skitime.

Ira

86gt852m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2003 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt852m4Send a Private Message to 86gt852m4Direct Link to This Post
*bump*

Wealth of information...

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2003 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Alright Skitime. You have had ample time to work on some new mods to your car. So lets see/hear them. "Inquiring Fiero Junkies" want to know

------------------
-Monkey

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock