Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 577
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 02-10-2009 09:19 AM
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
OK let me continue with my story. Another modification I did was adding lighting to the engine. I know this is not a performance item but Vonnie and I enjoy going to a lot of cruise-ins all summer. (It does create a shadow free engine trouble light) Many cars have lights to show off their car and I wanted to bring more attention to mine. We find these lights are like a candle to a moth in attracting people over to the car. I had learned about cold cathode tubes from another yet unfinished Fiero modification. (Keeping it under my hat for now). I decided to use this lighting system for the engine. The tubes use low 12-volt power draw and were designed for lighting laptops screens and image scanners. I did not want the lights to be intrusive or very visible when not being used. I experimented with placing lights in a lot of different locations. One of the problems was the light could be visible while driving at night and being seen through the rear view window. I finally decided to recess the lights into the trunk lid itself. I had to make all the pieces for the light fixture including the rear reflectors and lens. It was perfect and the lighting effect is awesome. The only way I can describe it was looking at a engine in an aquarium. This effect is nearly impossible to photograph. The flash will kill the effect but no flash fools the camera. So just believe me it is much better than the pictures can show.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-11-2003).]

IP: Logged
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Yet another modification is adding a Sunbird Turbo tachometer to my car. Since I now have an engine that creates boost, I wanted to be able to watch the amount of boost I have. I really do not like to see a lot of extra gauges that do not appear stock so this mod is a natural. The other thing I liked about it was it closely matched my actual redline for my engine which is 6350rpm. This mod involves modifying the tach electronically from a 4-cylinder tach to a 6-cylinder tach. TooManyFieros did that modification with me helping a little. You also have to modify the instrument cluster housing to get it to fit in the housing.

Ok I think that does cover all the modifications I had prior to the 2002 show season. We were anxiously waiting our second season to show our cars and reacquaint ourselves with all the new friends we got to know.

Let me post this while I work on the next section. Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate them. It still is a amazing ratios of viewer versus posters. Hmmmm

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

FieroMGDriver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMGDriverSend a Private Message to FieroMGDriverDirect Link to This Post
Its obvious that you devote a huge amount of time to the small details on your car, and everything looks perfect, but what about on the guage where it says "Turbo"? Isn't that bothering you, or are you planning on changing that? I can just imagine you have someone working on a new overlay for that guage!
hallsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hallsmanSend a Private Message to hallsmanDirect Link to This Post
Well, technically, a supercharger is actually just a belt driven turbocharger. So it's all good.

I'm liking the car, Skitime. It's nice to see how much work actually went into making it into a special car.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMGDriver:

Its obvious that you devote a huge amount of time to the small details on your car, and everything looks perfect, but what about on the guage where it says "Turbo"? Isn't that bothering you, or are you planning on changing that? I can just imagine you have someone working on a new overlay for that guage!

Yes that bugged the hell out of me. I tried a lot of things to black it out. I could cover it but it messed up the night lighting so I left it alone in the end.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
what shows will you attend this year? Will you be at Fierorama or Auburn?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
What a difference a year made to Vonnie and I. At the beginning of the first season (2001), we did not know any Fiero people except my online Pennocks acquaintances. I learned so much from them. We were amazed during that first season, how many really great folks we got to know through the Fiero shows. Somehow I was also getting to be known on the forum. We decided to take a short vacation in our motor home to Nova Scotia. Prior to the trip, I announce in a Pennocks thread that “Skitime was traveling through New England and Nova Scotia” and received several very nice invitations. One invite was to stay with Jelly2M8 and his girlfriend Blackie2M8 in Nova Scotia. We spent several days with them and had a great time visiting and even driving their Fieros in Nova Scotia.

Here is a shot of Jelly’s place of business. He runs a Fiero repair shop and sometimes works on common cars too for a living. Few people know as much about Fieros as Jelly.

They let us drive one of their three Fiero to a local car show. They even won several trophies with them. It was cool to be driving in a Fiero convoy in Canada. Here are their three Fieros.

We invited them to come and visit us. They decided to visit us during the next Carlisle Fiero show. Another person I knew through the forum was AusFiero. He mentioned in the Fiero Chat room that he was planning to come to the US and be at the Carlisle Fiero show. I invited him to come and stay with us for the 2002 Carlisle show. So Vonnie and I were very busy trying to get two cars ready for the Carlisle show and were now expecting 3 houseguests. We were very excited with this news.

The days leading up to the show were hectic detailing the cars and getting them ready. Our Canadian guests arrived early and we had a great day preparing our two GTs and Blackie2M8’s Notchback. Here is Blackie’s sweet Fiero.

As I mentioned earlier in this tread, I have a good painter but seems to always put me in a risky position of not getting done in time. My first year at Carlisle I received the last body piece two days prior to the show. The second season leading up to Carlisle the painter repeated the situation of only getting done when pressured. My whole engine swap and new body mods were planned to be done in plenty of time for Carlisle. The engine was done and I was again waiting for the body panels. I received the body parts days prior to the show again. The day before the show I decided my new body panels were not aligned right so Jelly and I started removing them all including my rocker panels. With his help we were able to improve the fit. While we were finishing up, AusFiero arrived via another Pennocks friend of mine, Kemp, who drove him from DC to PA and had to turn around and drive home after dropping Aus off.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-12-2003).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Friday morning we loaded up our motorhome and loaded the GT on the trailer. (No it is not a trailer queen, we needed a place to stay while being at Carlisle. Here is left to right Aus, Jelly and myself ready to depart.

Our guests, Vonnie and I arrived a Carlisle on Friday and immediately went about preparing for the show the next day. Saturday morning was a cold cloudy day and was threatening rain at any moment. We proceeded to start prepping our cars despite frozen hands. I tend not to clean a car well enough so thankfully Vonnie assisted me getting the car detailed Saturday morning as well as her own 88 GT.

I was now in new territory since the previous year I had shown in Custom GT classes and now I was going to be in the Modified GT class because of the engine swap. I was really worried. Remember the previous year I was unable to place at the Carlisle show. I also had some awesome cars in my class, which had won the class in previous years. These were cars that I was in awe over. I had even used pictures of these cars to study to see the how high a standard I had to attain. Well as the morning wore on I was very pleased by all the attention my car was getting.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000
I could hardly walk away because of all the questions I was being bombarded with. A path was actually getting worn into the grass around my car. Now if you know me there is nothing I like better than to talk about my car so I was having a great time. Before I knew it was approaching the awards ceremony. Vonnie had to pull me away and drag me over to the tent where awards are given.

As awards were given out we were thrilled when Vonnie’s 88 GT won first place in the large “Stock 88 GT” class. Then Blackie2M6 and Jelly2M8 won first place for the “High Mileage Notchback” class as well as the “Long Distance” award I believe. With knots in my stomach they finally got to my class. Third place was announced, then second place and the suspense was killing me. Finally first placed was announce and I was floored to receive the first place trophy. If those that were there looked close, they would have easily seen tears in my eyes. I just could not believe it was actually true. After the class awards were given out they had additional trophies for different categories. I was then given the “Best Engine Conversion” trophy and then a trophy that was probably dearest for me, the “Best Engineered” Trophy. Wow, what a day! Good friends and great cars.

Btw everybody got a picture of Vonnies car on their trophies. An extra bonus.

The next day the Gilberts had a graduation/Fiero party at their house for Jennifer (Fierochic88). We had a great time and took some great pictures of some awesome cars. We had many of the Carlisle show winners there. Here is a pic of some of the winners cars that were there. They were all first place winners.

Well it is getting late so I must stop. Thanks everyone for you nice comments. I will continue as time allows.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 Supercharged
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-11-2003).]

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
All I can say Ski is that I'm in awe!!!!! Being a newbie myself and am currently planning(dreaming more like it) many mods to make I can only hope to even come close the the job you've done.

Congrats and I look forward to someday meeting you and seeing the car in person!!

Dan

------------------

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2003 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Of all the impressive awards, Best Engineered is the one that wows me the most. You did a fabulous job. I like to keep what I call "OEM Believability" when modding my car. You've taken that philosophy to a whole other level!
PFF
System Bot
Borgio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BorgioSend a Private Message to BorgioDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

Yes that bugged the hell out of me. I tried a lot of things to black it out. I could cover it but it messed up the night lighting so I left it alone in the end.

It looks as if you are just going to have to turbocharge it like X was gonna do to his 3800SC. That's the only logical solution I can see.

Woody

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WoodySend a Private Message to WoodyDirect Link to This Post

------------------

TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
What type of trunk vent did you install, Ski?
It looks like one practical piece of mod really worth looking at.
TG
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KissMySSFiero:

what shows will you attend this year? Will you be at Fierorama or Auburn?

Carlisle, GM show at Carlisle, 20th, Dutch Classic and maybe the Aurburn show. I was able to attend the Fierorama last year due to a bad knee but they hold that show 1 week too late for everyone in education to attend.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
What, not Daytona?
grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2003 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I'm so in AWE... Ski I think what you do for us is give everyone something to shoot for, you show us that it's all possible, with thought and planning you CAN have the ultimate fiero.

You have put thought, percision and engineering into that project, it's so impressive.

I WANT IT... I really do.... Would you consider being paied say hmmmm 50K to build one? (J/K but if I had the coin i'd do it!)

it's just so great... Can't say it enough.

Not to mention, you are one of the nicest fiero people i've ever dealt with.

------------------
Justin C.
87 GT, 350 V8, 4:10 4spd ???HP
Ported/Polished/Balanced/Blueprinted
Holley 650 Double Pump / GearDrive
Mobile Electronics Certified Professional - MECP Master Installer
MCP, MCSE+I, A+, NNCE.
Engineer, Designer and Technical Trainer for Nortel Networks Business Products.

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-04-2004).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Maybe if you actually ANSWERED people's questions rather than BS'ing around them or at LEAST more that a one word answers,you might have more posters !

Nice car I will give you that! but your people skills NEED improving ! If you are NOT going to say "How something was done" then just SAY you don't want to tell!

In fact JUST POST PICTURES ! I get better answers for the questions I have from them!!!

Revin, I am a little shocked by your comment. If I could block you from viewing and benifiting from my pictures I would. I have answered your questions for months. Do you really expect me to explain things like how I did my wiring step by step? I am a excellent technology teacher with 27 years of experience. My people skill are served me well but even I have trouble getting through to mentally challenged students. So from what I can understand by your statement of lack of understanding of my replies is that you can only comprehend from looking at pictures. An engine swap requires a good understanding of mechanics and engines. My advise to you is take your car to someone that knows what they are doing. Engine swaps are not for beginners without skills to fall back on. I am done and please don't bother me anymore.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-13-2003).]

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I must admit to being a little shocked too. Dave (skitime) has never been anything less than pleasant and helpful to anyone that I have ever seen him interact with. And I think his response to the attack was right on as well. Sorry Dave. When you get in the limelight for whatever reason, you will always find someone you can't please..
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 11-04-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
Wow I am amazed. Fantastic. Your engineering is first class. Great Story. I pm'd you.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

solotwo

5374 posts
Member since Jun 2002
Hey skitime will you autograph the rack? It would make my 88 worth something!
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Since we all know that the org. dogbone on a 3800 IS ON THE WRONG SIDE for our install. (like at the back and left side) and to put it where the org. DB is on the fiero...THE "holes it is designed for" is a wrong answer! Your answer tells me NOTHING !! Do you get it NOW???

I said I was done but since you gave me a perfect example of your lack of knowledge. I will indulge once more. Your statement "You said since we all know" shows what you don't know. Most experienced mechanics know that the left and right heads are identical so the same bolt holes for the dogbone are found on both heads. Duh! You can bolt the dogbone mount on either head.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 02-13-2003).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I have a question, Skitime... and please answer this one and don't bullshit around it...

Where in the Pennock's guidelines does it say that you HAVE to hold someone's hand while telling them how to do a mod? Or even that you HAVE to tell anyone how you did something?

There are a lot of 'tricks of the trade' that people just will not share. I, along with most people here, do appreaciate what you have shared with us. You inspire us all to make our cars better... except for my CJB T-top which I will leave stock!

Hartz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HartzSend a Private Message to HartzDirect Link to This Post

You write this LONG history thing yet less than a sentance for an answer to my questions? Am I missing something?

I will say again.....Nice car, DUMB ASS owner!!!

Yeah, geez, I have NO IDEA why Dave wouldn't bend over backwards to help you...

Are you missing something? Yes. Politeness, respect, patience, etc.

Hartz

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post

Maybe if you actually ANSWERED people's questions rather than BS'ing around them or at LEAST more that a one word answers,you might have more posters !

Nice car I will give you that! but your people skills NEED improving ! If you are NOT going to say "How something was done" then just SAY you don't want to tell!

In fact JUST POST PICTURES ! I get better answers for the questions I have from them!!!

OMG Where do you get off shooting your mouth off at that? I don't care who you are or what you know, but I SAW and EXPERIENCED the build of that car through conversation, pictures, discussions, and I SAW IT, both before and after.

I'm glad we have this rating system now, gives us a method to fight back....

Hmm Fiero guy of the year... Hmmm hard choice now, Dave or Cliff? Hmmmmmmm

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Whoa Revin- that is way out of line!

Instead of taking the "insulting route" (which generally gets you nowhere in the end), I would've suggested kindly repeating your question (through PM or email if necessary) and simply trying to clarify your thoughts... and why the statement doesn't make sense. Eventually you would've gotten the clear answer you were looking for.

But your comments here are just simply way out of line and rather insulting. Anyone who has ever met Dave knows that he is a great guy... as a matter of fact, there are few people I'd rather sit around and talk Fieros (or things in general) with than Dave.

Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Well, I was really enjoying this post...but like all the good ones, someone just has to spoil it! Revin, you were way outta line. Why do you have to go and ruin a good thread. If you can't say any thing positive, just don't say any thing at all! Dave, your car is great ! Thank you for all the insite into making a fantastic vehical! Please don't let this change your mind about posting more info on the mods and work. I look forward to seeing it again at Carlise!
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Hmmm...Ski's car is together and running. He spent a lot of time looking at things, and figuring out how to do it...or do it better. Yours isn't, because you can't look at what you have, and figure out how to do it.

Now, who's the dumb ass?

Revin, I don't know you or Skitime, other than from what I've read here on the forum. But I've always had a good impression of both of you. Now, I have to question my original impression of you. Rather than blasting Ski here on the forum, you should have taken it to PM or email...or asked someone else that's completed the swap how THEY did it. To come out and abuse Ski like that was uncalled for...and very low class.

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post02-13-2003 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post
Revin,

My turn.... I have been working with Ski for months on my 3800 swap and have not had a problem with him at all. He treats me the same as anyone else and gives me the details to get the job done. I'm Even thinking about making some parts for people that have less skills then I. Ski has done a very good job on his swap and I bet he gets tons of e-mails daily on how do I ???. Its not that hard to do what he did,, you just need to grow up and learn on your own.

------------------
" TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">http://lowfierogt.150m.com

86.5 GT, 18" wheels, GA CD brakes, ST brace, Leather, getting 3800 SC
88 Formula 5 speed T-Top stock,
88 GT, t-top, 3800

PFF
System Bot
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Haagster (edited 02-14-2003).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I guess that is one way to try to get your ratings bar to show up...
soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post

Wow man.. the really sad thing is he ACTUALLY DID ANSWER YOUR QUESTION!

Just because he didn't go into detail, you bash him? That's completely juvenile. People say us teenagers don't have any respect... wow!

A simple, "Hey Ski, I am not completely familiar with the dogbone mounting, can you clarify a little." Would have been MUCH better. Nice rating bar.

------------------

Thanks hallsman!

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

I guess that is one way to try to get your ratings bar to show up...

Well..
This is not what the rating system is for... It is not for when someone say's something to someone else, EVERYBODY RATES THEM A NEGATIVE!! It is to get rid of troll's, etc.
I know for a fact that Revin has been trying to get some of the basic information from Skitime and have been getting answer's like the one about the 'dogbone'.. Yes, Revin overlooked the fact about that you could switch it, but It also was'nt pointed out to him by Ski either, and we all could see that Revin was overloooking it.
People make mistake's.... He has been trying to ask Ski several thing's and getting one word type of answer's. Revin's called me several time's on the phone and have told me what was going on... Revin was WRONG for going to the syep of name calling, but he is really frustrated and was trying to get a STRAIGHT answer...
Folk's please don't make this into a Revin VS. Skitime thing...
Like I said above.... People lose it somerime's and make mistake's... Now Revin does have a rating bar with the majority of them being NEGATIVE... Does he deserve one just because he got frustrated?? Has Revin ever helped anyone on here?? Yes, Revin was wrong and should have went to email or PM.

But, Does he really deserve a Negative because of this one thing...Even though he has done so much good here on PFF????
Just think about it please!

------------------
In memory of the family's, friend's and especially the 12 children of the Crew Member's of The Space Shuttle Columbia. February 1, 2003

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Dave, both Lori and I have really enjoyed your tread on the history and buildup of your car. It is even more impressive in real life than any pictures or description can show.

I really enjoyed following your projects all through last winter, and helping out where I could.

Both Lori and I feel that we have found life long friends with you and Vonnie, and your family and friends.
Who would of thought that a simple reply to your topic a year and a half ago would reward such huge benefits of finding new friends who we could relate with and enjoy being around. ( I registered on PFF to reply to your Vacation to Nova Scotia tread).

This is why we had decided to attend Carlisle 2003 instead of the 20th show.

When we travel to PA again in May, we know that we will be able to view many fine Fiero's, but even more, we are looking forward to spending more time with you guys and the Gilberts, Lambert's, and Schlag's, etc.

Don't let Revin's comments get you down, everybody knows what a class act you are, and the lengths you have gone through to help members of the forum.

It is impossible to explain in every little detail each and every point of a swap or mod, because every swap/mod is different to a certain degree.

I wonder if these people actually relise how many little details need to be addressed in a swap such as yours.

Not only that, after you give every last detail, and someone copies it, they will find something wrong with your directions or claim they have a better solution.

Your car has several custom parts that would be impossible to nail down in a description, due to the tinkering and adjustments here and there.
I know, I build one off custom parts for Fiero's just about each week, and there's no way a person can say, " just do this and that and your golden" it doesn't happen.

I along with 99.9% of the people on this forum, appreciate the history lesson, and I am still amazed at the dedication you have to making your car the way in which you want it.

Take care my friend,

Anthony

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is a great thread, please everyone edit your posts and lets keep this thread on target. revin I would be happy to give you a + just take that step.

------------------

My Home Page

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 02-13-2003).]

TM_Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TM_FieroSend a Private Message to TM_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing your build up with us. Your Fiero is truly awsome. I can't wait to see it at Carlisle.

BTW, I've been one of the lurkers checking in on the thread, just amazed of how nice of a job you did and I didn't have anything of value to add.

2.8-4spd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.8-4spdSend a Private Message to 2.8-4spdDirect Link to This Post
Hello Skitime, have a few question for you. On page two you are talking about how you "recessed the bonding surface" How far did you take the surface down? The thickness of the scoop? How did you get such a straight cut, did you use a router? thnks for your help.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2003 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Smoooooth GT:

Well..
This is not what the rating system is for... It is not for when someone say's something to someone else, EVERYBODY RATES THEM A NEGATIVE!! It is to get rid of troll's, etc.
I know for a fact that Revin has been trying to get some of the basic information from Skitime and have been getting answer's like the one about the 'dogbone'.. Yes, Revin overlooked the fact about that you could switch it, but It also was'nt pointed out to him by Ski either, and we all could see that Revin was overloooking it.
People make mistake's.... He has been trying to ask Ski several thing's and getting one word type of answer's. Revin's called me several time's on the phone and have told me what was going on... Revin was WRONG for going to the syep of name calling, but he is really frustrated and was trying to get a STRAIGHT answer...
Folk's please don't make this into a Revin VS. Skitime thing...
Like I said above.... People lose it somerime's and make mistake's... Now Revin does have a rating bar with the majority of them being NEGATIVE... Does he deserve one just because he got frustrated?? Has Revin ever helped anyone on here?? Yes, Revin was wrong and should have went to email or PM.

But, Does he really deserve a Negative because of this one thing...Even though he has done so much good here on PFF????
Just think about it please!

Smoooth, as I stated in my response before the one you quoted, My problem in this is that Revin acts like dave OWES him a response. Obviously, Dave has answered the questions many times. Maybe Revin should have gone out and looked at his motor to see how the answer applied. It apparently was obvious to other people.

Dave did try to help him. Dave wasn't rude even after Revin attacked him. But Revin kept coming back and that is what pi$$ed everyone off.

True, he doesn't deserve to be kicked off the forum, but a nice apology would do a lot toward making people think better of him now.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock