Started on: 05-14-2008 08:54 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: whadeduck on 05-16-2008 09:27 AM
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Finally got some sound recordings with this short runner intake on my 3.4 DOHC V6 Fiero.. it really makes this engine sound like the apocalypse is coming.
Listen to these LOUD:
Fly by
Sound from inside

The "fly by" recording was from the right side of the car, so you can't hear the intake as well as exhaust. I'll try to get another recording sometime from the left side, but you can hear the intake sound pretty well in the interior sound clip. It's easily as loud as the exhaust.

The car has a Magnaflow 2.5" cat, 2.5" Spintech muffler, and large oval stainless steel exhaust tips.
The intake manifold is a modified 93 upper intake with the runners cut short and a 3" pipe added to form a plenum. As you can see in the pic below, with the throttle open, its essentially a straight shot of 3" pipe from the runners to the air filter on the side of the car with the only restriction being the throttle blade. The actual sound is very much like ITBs.

click here to see it full size

------------------

1988 Pontiac Fiero 3.4 DOHC V6 5-speed
California Smog Legal!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
sweet ..are you running dual exhaust?
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2008 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderDirect Link to This Post
Single downpipe, dual tips.. I'm using the stock exhaust manifolds and crossover.. the stock outlet goes to a 2.5" cat and from there bends 180* into the Spintech crossflow muffler.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2008 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I would love to hear the sound difference using duals but I know you have to pass smog
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking I might as well just cut up the 95 intake rather than mess with the 96. Sounds great Steven!
BobadooFunk

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post

so sick

... someday
philbur120

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for philbur120Send a Private Message to philbur120Direct Link to This Post
That is the nicest 3.4 dohc install I have ever seen! Unfortunately I don't have sound at work...
Once i get home i will give it a listen.

Phil
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Now that's just cruel.....

I wonder.......No, the wife would kill me

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Now that's just cruel.....

I wonder.......No, the wife would kill me

True. But at least you'd die with a big 'ol grin on your face.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay