Started on: 03-24-2008 10:32 AM
Replies: 16
Last post by: mcaanda on 06-05-2008 12:56 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Its that time of year again. Yep the HUGE Arlington Fiero Picnic is coming up quicker than you can believe. June 7nd 2008 is the date set for the show this year. Get your cars cleaned up, Cameras Charged Up and Coolers cleared out.

I have lots of info to go through and lots of things need to be worked out on the website end of it. The site is currently located at

Arlington 2008 Website

To get you even more Fired up, here is a Video made by Steve Simpson from last years shows. Kickin Video of Arlington 2007
However here are the basic Details.

The location is the Arlington Washington Ultralight Airfield. 4796 188th St NE, Arlington, WA 98223
Jet City Fiero's is providing the grounds, and the BBQ's as well as the Crane to take overhead pics of the cars.

You need to bring food and drinks for yourself and your guests. Please leave the booze at home. This is a family event, and we don't want to have to deal with any legal matters drinking booze at an airport on the airfield.

10am till whenever we decide to call it quits, usually around 4pm. This is a great Fiero event, with lots and lots of cars every year.

If you are coming from B.C. or anyplace North of Arlington please visit the above Web page for details on when and where to meet us and caravan down with us. I need people to email me there name and car(s) so that I can add everyone to the list of attendee's. There is a link for form submittal or you can email me directly at capt@captfiero.com

If you could also post here if you are coming or not that would be Awesome. The more people see that people are coming the more people want to come and we end up lots more people. Its Great!! I would like us to top 60 Fiero's this year. I know we can do it.

There are a lot more pics from last year, (375 to be exact) however here is a teaser.

Map

------------------
85GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Factory Stock.

[This message has been edited by Capt Fiero (edited 02-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fierology

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 06:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierologySend a Private Message to FierologyDirect Link to This Post
Darn! I thought you meant Arlington VA, as in Greater Washington DC area (my area) and got so excited! But this is the second time I've gotten fooled by the same event listing location...

As they say: To err once is ignorance, to err twice is stupidity.

Good Luck. It looks great.
-Michael

------------------
"A guy know's he's in love when he loses interest in his car for a few days." -Tim Allen

He who dies with the most toys... still dies.

Check out my restoration!

Lindner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LindnerSend a Private Message to LindnerDirect Link to This Post
Damn! I got fooled too! I was like "Sweeeeet, 45 minutes away!...wait...damnit!."
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I put Washington in the title to try and avoid that kinda of depression from you all Texan Rodeo / Oil Men LOL. Come on all you burly Texas cowboys can find a rodeo grounds that is not being used have your own big Fiero Picnic I can even supply some info on what you need to do to get it rolling.

Fiero's for Life

Capt Fiero aka David

------------------
85GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Factory Stock.

fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Capt, I'm trying your "To be added to the List of attendees, please click Here".
I fill out the form and then get an error after I click the Send Email button.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I am back in BC now. I don't know what the issue is, it seems like some people are able to be added as I am getting emails from it.

I am going to try and update the site today with all the names that have shown up in the last couple weeks while I was out of town.

------------------

RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there with the 86 GT and hopefully the 87 notchie if I can figure out why the engine does not have any power. ARGH!

Already sent an email to register.

See everyone there!
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Everyone that has tried to register or has already registered, please check the website to make sure that your name is on the list as attending. Lisa and I were on vacation, for 2 weeks and when we got back found that the server had glitched and I had lost about 20 people that had signed up. Our goal is to have 70+ Fiero's at the event.

------------------

RCW

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCWSend a Private Message to RCWDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
If I get my suspension fixed I should be able to make it with the Formula for the first time.

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Bump - Whose getting pumped up for the picnic?

PFF
System Bot
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

On top of the bump, for anyone within driving distance, its a Fiero Double Feature Weekend. Saturday June 7th is the HUGE Arlington Meet, Sunday June 8th is the Massive All Pontiac Show in White Rock British Columbia. Just 90 mins North of the Arlington meet.

Arlington is Free all you have to do is bring food for your group.
(Members of West Coast Fiero's of B.C. your food is free, as our club is paying for your food)
All Pontiac Show is only 10 bucks and you get a nice dash plaque as well as cool goodie bag of stuff just for entering.

Any of you USA guys coming up to Canada make sure and buy your gas and smokes before you come into Canada as the price is considerably more once you get into Canada.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Also for those of us in the US headed into Canada, is there not some new rule that you need a passport unless you have some "super drivers license" that can be had at the local DMV?

On another note, I was thinking about bringing a 36o* camera setup that would allow for, well, 36o* images to be taken and then stitched togeather to be viewed as a .mov file. You can also DL the FSP Viewer which makes it kinda cool too for those that are into those kinda things.

If there's any interest in it I will see if I can bring it along, let me know!

Oh yea - Steve... Im bringing a grill & some chow. I think that I'm taking the Tacoma to fit all the stuff in it and your welcome to our cooler being that you were very hospitable last year.

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2008 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Allen, Bring the camera We may set the cars up in a circle pattern and your camera could be up on a ladder in the middle?

The club will provide a big grill again this year.

My wife and I plan on driving up Sunday for the All Pontiac Show in Canada

CROSSING THE BORDER
Currently: Americans need a driver's license, or another official picture identification, and a birth certificate, to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea from Canada. Americans traveling by air need a passport.
Starting January 2008: Washingtonians can opt to use an alternative driver's license for B.C. border crossings.
Starting June 2009: Americans will need to present a passport to re-enter the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, though alternates such as Washington's may be acceptable.

Check out the whole Jet City Fiero Event Calendar http://www.jetcityfieros.com/news.php

[This message has been edited by fourpoint9 (edited 05-16-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2008 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I am coming....with a FIERO too. YAY!

------------------
S.W.A.T.

1984-87 Aluminum Cradle bushings $85.oo
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/042111.html
1984-87 UHMW Rear control arm bushings $85.oo
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041461.html
1984-1987 B.B. Control arm bushings $145.oo
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/042116.html

fourpoint9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2008 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Direct Link to This Post
Allen are you going to have your own swap meet section at the picnic?

Truck load of 88 parts for sale? If so, what items are you likely to bring ?
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2008 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
The parts for the 88 are gone - I took what was left of the car to the yard and watched the guy have a hay day on what was left. I really should have brought out the camera for it but hindsight....

Anyhow - not sure if the camera is going to be required for an HDS scan that we might be working w/ this weekend. BNSF and WSDOT are both asking for stuff to be done NOW - and there's even night jobs that we're working as it's alot easier to deal w/ traffic at night when you close a lane or two.

At this point even making it is going to be sketchy...

------------------
And it begins again...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock