Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  NEW! Your Fiero in 4 color on a playing card! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
NEW! Your Fiero in 4 color on a playing card! by Paulv
Started on: 03-21-2008 01:59 PM
Replies: 103
Last post by: SuperchargedV6 on 04-08-2008 07:40 PM
Paulv

Feedback score:    (68)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
NEW! Your Fiero pictured on an exclusive playing card on a new, exclusive Fiero playing card deck!

The Midwest Fiero clubs would like to give you the opportunity to have your Fiero pictured on the first exclusive run of the MFC (Midwest Fiero Clubs) sponsored playing cards. These cards will feature a Fiero logo on the card back and a full color, landscape photo of 52 different Fieros which will be selected by a panel of Fiero Enthusiasts from submissions from any Fiero owner, anywhere! Our only request is that if your Fiero is chosen for one of the cards, you agree to purchase at least 1 of the finished decks @ $5.95 (plus shipping) . The photo on the card will be captioned with your name, state and year/model. Requests for specific card locations will be considered.
If you would like to submit a photo of your car for consideration, please email your Fiero exterior picture to playingcards@fierofocus.com. Be sure to include your "real" name, city & state, and the year & model of your Fiero. The picture should show your car in a landscape orientation ("side" view) or front or rear "quarter" view, and be devoid of "people". If you only have hard copy photos, either scan your photo and submit electronically or mail your photo to:

Mike Kroyer, graphic artist
P. O. BOX 314
Huntley, IL. 60142

Any technical questions on digital submission, you are welcome to email Mike at: mkfiero87@yahoo.com

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS APRIL 4TH, 2008. We plan to have these decks available by June1st, and have a supply at the 25th anniversary show!

Quality of pictures and setting will be major criteria for final selection. Please, no pictures in garages or on trailers, etc. Entries will be evaluated and the review committee will select those that, in the committee's judgment, offer the best image, and provide a thorough mix of models, & colors for the deck. We're looking for all types: stock cars, customs, coupes, GT's & even Mera's. The intent is to showcase every model, every year, and show all the Fiero colors produced. The custom and modified category will showcase any year, any colors, stock or non-stock. Based on a preliminary analysis, with 52 "openings" we should have space for at least 12 or more custom/modified cars, so don't be hesitant to send your photo. We need early year Sport Coupes too! While you are welcome to submit more than 1 entry, if you have multiple cars, only 1 car per owner can qualify for the final printing.

Midwest Fiero Clubs
www.fieros.us

[This message has been edited by Paulv (edited 03-21-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Here is a preview of what the cards will look like......Awesome!

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 03-31-2008).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
For those that don't know...That's Oreifs car. Awesome machine. I rode in it before he ZZ4'ed it.
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Already sent in a picture....
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2008 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
WOW! the pictures are coming in already... Since the thread went up this afternoon I have gotten 10 images so far... That is awesome.. keep them coming......lol that's about 1 an hour.....

[This message has been edited by 87 Pegasus (edited 03-21-2008).]

never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
I am afraid by the time "snail mail" would reach you, your deck will be filled..........
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

I am afraid by the time "snail mail" would reach you, your deck will be filled..........

No, Once we receive all the pics, then the review committee will pick out the 52 used for the deck. We figured we would get a LOT of pics.
So take a nice pic of your car in a nice setting and send it in. As long as it reaches us on or before April 4th it has the same chance of getting in the deck as someone who sent a pic in yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Oreif (edited 03-22-2008).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Yet another reason I need to hurry up and get a new camera.

Oh, that's right, I gotta get a job first. (I had two good interviews and two assessment tests this week resulting in another interview coming up. I should have a new job soon!)

Anyway, this is a good idea. I like it.

------------------
Check out my new site:
Tallahassee Fiero News

------------------

Doc John

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnDirect Link to This Post
Email sent - I attached three photos, let me know if you want a higher resolution version of any of them.

John
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
****Please remember to include.

***Name:
***City:
***State:
***Year:
***Model:
Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnDirect Link to This Post
Oops - some info was missing.... Second email sent.

PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
What email is best to send submissions to?
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

What email is best to send submissions to?

playingcards@fierofocus.com

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

playingcards@fierofocus.com

Sorry, I read the first post two times and still didnt see the email address! Now I see it, thanks!

Email sent.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Not trying to hijack the thread but...

http://www.dominoes.com/custom_dominoes.aspx

How about a set of dominoes to go with the playing cards!
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
I sent in two for the DGP car and would love to get ahold of a few decks as I know my club would. Rick B
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Email sent. I'll buy 2 sets if my Car makes it into the deck.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
I didn't read the first post all the way and e-mailed my submission to Mike. Should I send another one to the other email or is it good where it is?

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
If you sent to Mike direct, you are OK.
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2008 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
I just sent two pics.
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 06:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Keep those pics coming!
PFF
System Bot
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
WOW keep the images coming. The more the better. Thank you everyone who has already submitted their images already they are coming through great. Remember if you have any questions feel free to post here or e-mail me at mkfiero87@yahoo.com
85GTV84FUN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85GTV84FUNSend a Private Message to 85GTV84FUNDirect Link to This Post
Is it my monitor or is that a "Black" King of Diamonds shown at the top of this thread?
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85GTV84FUN:

Is it my monitor or is that a "Black" King of Diamonds shown at the top of this thread?

Yes, It does show a "black" diamond. The real cards will be correct. Mike just made a sample to see the size of space we had available for the pictures.
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
You've got mail
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
make mine all aces

joking...kings

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 03-24-2008).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
email sent!
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Done
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
I will send some tomorrow afternoon when I finally get back to the office.

Can the pic be vertical or does it have to be horizontal?
----OOPS - nevermind - finally saw that they need to be horizontal. Sometimes I just read too fast.

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by CenTexIndy (edited 03-24-2008).]

dcfox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dcfoxSend a Private Message to dcfoxDirect Link to This Post
Pic/info sent.
Here's wishing for luck.lol.

------------------
--David

Golden Triangle Fiero Club

Paulv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulvSend a Private Message to PaulvDirect Link to This Post
Have a nice start on the pictures. Keep them coming. We would like some more "stock" pictures also!
Still have time up through April 4th!
PFF
System Bot
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
any way of letting those who submitted know there Pic(s) came through okay?
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post

Picture and info have been sent. This will be a good product for a good price! John
87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Richjk21:

any way of letting those who submitted know there Pic(s) came through okay?

So far I have received about 42 Fiero Owner Submissions
and 123 Fiero images.

I will try e-mail those who sent one over the next few days to let you know that everything came through ok. If for some reason you do not get an e-mail from me by Friday please resend the images/e-mail again.

Thank you,
Mike
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Sent mine in the mail today. Photos of the Indy and info.

Ron T

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

grsychckn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post
Sent today.
anthony_86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
i just emailed a couple pictures!
Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Keep those pictures coming!
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
I sent in photos of my 85 GT & my 88 Formula.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

87 Pegasus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87 PegasusSend a Private Message to 87 PegasusDirect Link to This Post
Remember the Deadline for the playing cards is about a week away. So get your images in....

The deadline for all submissions is by 5:00pm (CST) on Friday, April 4, 2008......
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock