Hey SAXMAN!!! Got it done. by prizm-bluegt
Started on: 03-11-2008 04:23 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: RACE on 03-14-2008 09:51 PM
prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Remember when I got this from ya....

This is what it looks like now!!!!

Whatcha think!!!
Robert

[This message has been edited by prizm-bluegt (edited 03-11-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i dunno about saxman but if i had sold you that car and you said they were one in the same i would hafta call BS....seriously that is one hell of a nice job ....wanna do mine next..lol...tim
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post
Looks really great! That's amazing. I'm just north of you in Stafford, VA - who did you get to do the paint?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I told you that would buff right out.
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
wow...that came along very nicely. What kind of time frame was that done in? It seems like only a few months ago Sax was selling it.
Dave

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT (wife's toy), 1986 SE soon to be VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com

unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
I love the window scoops in the gloss black instead of how some would paint it the same color as the car. Your car looks awesome.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
No way. I refuse to believe it.

That's impossible! You are the MAN!

OK, I'll give you the $300 back. When can I come get it?

Simply incredible. I still can't believe it.

You gonna take it to Carlisle?

Just for reference, here are more shots of the OLD car. Wow!

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Saxman

5151 posts
Member since May 2005
And two more. That's simply amazing!

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE! So much so, I need to see VIN's!! JK, that is awesome work, and thats coming from a bodyman. Now come do mine!

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

gt7

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt7Send a Private Message to gt7Direct Link to This Post
Looks real sharp. Job well done !

------------------
Tom
Suffolk, Va
87 Gt 350-5spd

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies.Was alot of work but I think it payed off.The paint I did myself in the garage and it took about 6 months to complete.I think just about everything was replaced. I am hoping that i can make it to carlisle this year.We'll see. I keep alot of spare parts around and decided to put 'em to use!!!
PFF
System Bot
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post
Looks real good!

Yes, it does seem only a couple months ago... I kinda remember having some interest in buying it (mostly for the Getrag trans), but the price I remember being told was much more than $300!!!

Good job on the restore, its always nice to see another Fiero be taken from the potential junkyard and put back on the road!

Chris
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Have any more pics of the decklid? Looks like a sweet idea. Crazy awesome work on the car.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, awesome work!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrishahn87:

Looks real good!

Yes, it does seem only a couple months ago... I kinda remember having some interest in buying it (mostly for the Getrag trans), but the price I remember being told was much more than $300!!!

Good job on the restore, its always nice to see another Fiero be taken from the potential junkyard and put back on the road!

Chris

Yeah - the engine and trans stayed here. Trans is waiting for a new home. The engine is now in my Formula.

I'm still amazed by the work done on this car!
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

Yeah - the engine and trans stayed here. Trans is waiting for a new home. The engine is now in my Formula.

I'm still amazed by the work done on this car!

Oh wow!!! So on top of this resto. job, he had to install an engine and trans too? Now thats even more impressive!

Good job again!
chrishahn87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Direct Link to This Post

chrishahn87

1584 posts
Member since Dec 2004
Kinda like a spinoff of that tv show:

"Flip My Fiero"
JesseM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 05:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JesseMSend a Private Message to JesseMDirect Link to This Post
its lowered too ehh? i would have gone for yellow mirrors tho, not black, but OMG it still is awesome, you got some eye to see that much potential from what it was earlier!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I love the black wing in the back. I'll have to do that with my next painted Fiero. It reminds me of the layout on my Mach 1

Now you need a black hood scoop!

86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prizm-bluegt:

Whatcha think!!!

I think I don't ever want to be your passenger.....
Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
WOW! Now I understand why we can't get any yellow paint in Canada anymore

Very nice work. I like the trunk cover you've done. (do you hve better pics - open/closed?)
The interior is too much to my liking, but to each his own

You should definitely bring it to Carlisle

BTW - I always debate with Fiero owners that it's better to start with a good clean car and pay the price for it (if not exaggerated)
So would you mind sharing the estimated total cost to bring it to this state?

It's 6 months of work, $300 original price and...

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-12-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
WOW.

You did all this in 6 months? Its a completly different car!!
I really like the shift handle and boot!
engine bay looks super clean too.

Killer ride inside and out.
Hats off to this guy

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Here's a couple more pics. Probably have close to $3800 tied up all together. Did all the work in the garage so it saved alot of labor costs.

Yeah SAX, I was thinking of putting something on the hood,but I guess the big hole will do
Mister, I'll get ya pics tomorrow on the trunk cover
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the trunk shelf? Do you make them? how much to make me one?
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Here's a couple more pics. Probably have close to $3800 tied up all together. Did all the work in the garage so it saved alot of labor costs.

Yeah SAX, I was thinking of putting something on the hood,but I guess the big hole will do
Mister, I'll get ya pics tomorrow on the trunk cover

Just paint the hole black and fade it as it goes back...

Too sweet!
Dudeus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post
Did you black out those taillights? And I'm also curious where you got the hood and truck scoops.

Looks damn sexy man.
Silentassassin185

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

That is gorgeous. Any details on it?
prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
You can get the scoop here...http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/dart.html
It's called 70 76 Plymouth Duster g Twin scoops bolt-on $ 149.00
The hood scoop is just a stock hood cut and glassed back in.

i did not tint the tails,but they are the ones from the fierostore.

The deck cover is just a peice of carpet and plywood. Nothing fancy. Just used cardboard to get the angles in the trunk and the transfered it to plywood.

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, nice work again.

For $4100 US it would have been very hard to find anything like it (and you already have it customized to your liking)
6 months of labor is not that bad if you have a good work are, the proper tools and you're having fun in the process.

The only thing I would recommend is to get some better custom seat covers in black and yellow.

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 03-13-2008).]

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that's next the list.I'm probably have Mr. Mike make a set for it. Problem is figuring out what design to go with
McNasty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McNastySend a Private Message to McNastyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

That is gorgeous. Any details on it?

I totally agree...I always wanted the mopar six pack for my decklid but now I think you just changed my mind...
incredible work,
Shawn
PFF
System Bot
marios86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for marios86gtClick Here to visit marios86gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to marios86gtDirect Link to This Post
where did you get that shift boot? i am looking for one just like that
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
Wow... very nice work on that. I really want to pick up one of my own some day, and after seeing this, I can see that almost anything has hope and potential .

Once again, great job. Thanks for saving a fiero!

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
The shift boot is one of those Mr. gasket ones that Advance Auto sells. I modified an auto shift plate to install it. It comes with a metal mounting ring so you can put screws in it to hold it down. I just threw that away,glued it from underneath and trimmed the excess rubber so it won't hit the ash tray doors.
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saxman:

I love the black wing in the back. I'll have to do that with my next painted Fiero. It reminds me of the layout on my Mach 1

Now you need a black hood scoop!

Have to agree with you on the black wing there Sax

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Nice ride Rich
Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
right back at ya

You can see more pics here

http://home.comcast.net/~rrisc21/fiero.htm
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
prizm-bluegt, you have spent your time well. Awesome.

------------------
Central Iowa Fieros -Photos and videos.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock