Started on: 02-14-2008 03:36 PM
Replies: 122
Last post by: JazzMan on 07-24-2008 01:48 PM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Coming from out of state and want to find others? Post here!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I will be leaving from Lexington, KY Wednesday morning and plan to get to Pontiac, Michigan that afternoon/evening. Looks like I will be coming up I-75 for the majority of the trip. My departure on Wednesday is flexible, but I want to get into town Wednesday night.

I will either be driving my SBC Fiero or the 4.3 Fiero.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I hope to be coming from the Atlanta area.
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I'll be leaving from Illinois, right by the Fierorama location.
Fierokid87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Im gonna be leaving from the Cleveland Ohio area, if anyone wants to group up with me at a rest stop on the turnpike, though knowing my luck, Ill probably end up soloing the trip. Ive never been in a caravan to a show like this before.

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: " TARGET=_blank>http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
My planned route. Caravans can be fun or a PITA. Multiple speeds of multiple cars split up the caravan. The most you can hope for are several cars running along the same route spread out. Sort of like the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
fieroguru I wanted to get with you and ron and all the bluegrass guys. Try to work out a plan. You guys head north on 71, pick up the cincy boys, we grab dayton guys, then columbus, then get the cleveland guys. We'd have to organize points though so we don't have to go way out of our way.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
Well the I-71 I-80 (turnpike) junction is a good check point. And I can meet you guys there.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
the caravans for the 20th worked out very well - and probably made it possible for a few who had troubles to make it on time & OK.

check the archives for the old thread - there was some decent routes already planned out. nothing like past experience to make future plans.

the trick to a caravan is everyone doesnt have to stop for one guy to get gas or go potty. its a long haul down the freeway, and as long as the main body isnt racing down the freeway, you can always catch up again. and, of course CB/cellphone list. little motorola walkie-talkies are a blast for this kinda thing, and they are pretty cheap.

heck - I almost want to drive south, just to caravan back
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Complete 20th thread info:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...031229-1-031606.html

I hope this helps, there are a TON of threads.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so how did you Houstonians or Houstonites, whichever the proper name is, make it to the 20th? If I recall you had a small group travel together. Which route did you take and would you take a different route this time?

Since I am in Houston now I need to know the fastest way out of Texas.
PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Ok, so how did you Houstonians or Houstonites, whichever the proper name is, make it to the 20th? If I recall you had a small group travel together. Which route did you take and would you take a different route this time?

As I recall, I went up I-45 to Dallas and then US-69 to Tulsa (or was it I-45 to OKC then I-44 to Tulsa?), then I-44 to St. Louis, then if I remember correctly we took I-70 to Indianapolis, then I-69 up to I-94.

Something like that.

And it's Houstonians.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
the thing with me is I always seem to end up having to travel alone cuzz either I cant get into the caravan or I cant find one passing through my area. And no one every seems to offer to call me when they are close so i can just merge in with them.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

the thing with me is I always seem to end up having to travel alone cuzz either I cant get into the caravan or I cant find one passing through my area. And no one every seems to offer to call me when they are close so i can just merge in with them.

well, you are right off the I-80, and I expect many are coming that way. also - you are not to far away anyways. maybe 3 hrs?

edit - just looked - more than 3 hrs - but - yes - there should be many further east of you to hook up with.

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 02-15-2008).]

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
I hope so. It would be nice to go with more then just myself.
Darren's 87 coupe

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darren's 87 coupeSend a Private Message to Darren's 87 coupeDirect Link to This Post
I live in Guthrie, OK and will be able to meet up with people from OKC, or Tulsa, or KS, Just let me know of groups that are passing through Oklahoma, or near me and I will time it to meet up. Don't really want to make that drive alone. I'll check in here more often as it gets closer or PM me and let me know details. Thanks gang,

Darren

------------------

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Looking at this map ... Thanks Old Lar

I am thinking Ferry, Car Ferry to be exact. Never been on a Car Ferry with a Fiero.
According to Mapquest it be about, what 12 hours of driving from Minneapolis. That is one long drive. Not as long as yours, Old Lar. But, it would be nice to break it up a little,
... with say, a nice little boat ride.
What do you guys think ? Looks like a straight shot on the map. Anybody ever done this? Or simular? Any tips?

Tina

Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2008 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

My planned route. Caravans can be fun or a PITA. Multiple speeds of multiple cars split up the caravan. The most you can hope for are several cars running along the same route spread out. Sort of like the Hot Rod Power Tour.

Larry

Might have to tag along

Frank

Jack Cooke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jack CookeSend a Private Message to Jack CookeDirect Link to This Post
I,m planing on leaving early Thursday AM. Going I-40 west to I-75 north to Pontiac. A loooong days drive but fun.
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I'll be leaving sometime on Wednesday from Buffalo NY.

PFF
System Bot
86_fiero_gt_92

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

I'll be leaving sometime on Wednesday from Buffalo NY.

im not 100% going but will most likely --- anyways im coming from kitchener so i was thinking everyone coming on the 401 should meet up somewhere along the way
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to lead the North Texas group here. We are taking 30 to little rock AR. then 40 to 55 then up to Sikston MO to spend the night, and have a few Rolls thrown at us. Then up 57 to Chi town then around to 94 and up arounds some way once we get into Detroit. I have made the trip a lot, just never in a fiero so should be fun. Anyone else that wants to meet up with us along this route or the Houstonians want to meet us feel free.
Ayrow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AyrowClick Here to visit Ayrow's HomePageSend a Private Message to AyrowDirect Link to This Post
Alright, I am going to go to this thing.
Anybody leaving from Indy??
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 10:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

Looking at this map ... Thanks Old Lar

I am thinking Ferry, Car Ferry to be exact. Never been on a Car Ferry with a Fiero.
According to Mapquest it be about, what 12 hours of driving from Minneapolis. That is one long drive. Not as long as yours, Old Lar. But, it would be nice to break it up a little,
... with say, a nice little boat ride.
What do you guys think ? Looks like a straight shot on the map. Anybody ever done this? Or simular? Any tips?

Tina

I went on the Badger a few years ago. It's a nice drive that avoids the major cities until you get near Lansing. I'd like to go on the Lake Express some day. A good comparison is at http://www.milwaukee-muskegon.com/
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Fierokid I will start a thread here soon just for the Ohio and NK guys so its less jumbled, but first I need to make sure I can come haha.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darren's 87 coupe:

I live in Guthrie, OK and will be able to meet up with people from OKC, or Tulsa, or KS, Just let me know of groups that are passing through Oklahoma, or near me and I will time it to meet up. Don't really want to make that drive alone. I'll check in here more often as it gets closer or PM me and let me know details. Thanks gang,

Darren

Ill roll with ya man. cept my car will be in the back of an enclosed trailer.
green87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for green87Send a Private Message to green87Direct Link to This Post
here is a map for those of you that like visual aids.

We will be leaving about 10ish on tuesday the 22nd, in time for the Houstonians or whoever to meet in the dfw area. It's about an 8 hour drive to our half way spot where we will spend the night and have rolls thrown at our face at the best restaurant in the world.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
I just returned from Detroit where I got a rental at the Airport and drove to Cleveland and back. I noticed signs stating that I-75N is going to have construction involving detours, lane closures and portions of the freeway being closed.(?)

Anyone have detailed info, or alternate routes to get to Flint instead of taking 75N?

HTXtremes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HTXtremesSend a Private Message to HTXtremesDirect Link to This Post
Anyone from Texas taking I-44 from Tulsa to St. Louis? I live in NW Arkansas and am planning on hitting I-44 just outside of Springfield, MO.

------------------
'88 Coupe (extensive mods underway)
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086359.html

ohioindy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 07:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post
I will be heading out Wednesday July 23rd around mid morning from Wooster OH
About a 3 hour drive dragging the Indy. Look for this and that will be me.

PFF
System Bot
Coinage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoinageClick Here to visit Coinage's HomePageSend a Private Message to CoinageDirect Link to This Post

PA turnpike 76W to 80W

we will be leaving on wednesday... most likely trailoring the fiero up though

------------------

By:Custom2M4
in process-12" front brakes using '88 calipers and '88 brakes in rear
'88 rear suspension, Held adjustable links solid mounted
3400 bottom end, 2.8 Falconer Race heads, 60-1 BB turbo, A/W IC, truleo manifold, equal length 1 5/8 headers to 2" crossover
To have 29psi

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

Hey Kid, you're welcome to hook up with Bluegrass Fieros when we pass through. Going up I 75. Not sure when that will be yet but we'll be happy to give you a shout.

------------------
Ron

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping the SoCal Fieros could meet up with the AZ Fieros in Flagstaff and keep growing the group as we head East on I-40.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topcat:

I just returned from Detroit where I got a rental at the Airport and drove to Cleveland and back. I noticed signs stating that I-75N is going to have construction involving detours, lane closures and portions of the freeway being closed.(?)

Anyone have detailed info, or alternate routes to get to Flint instead of taking 75N?

If you're coming from the south, a route I recommend taking 275 north to 696 east to M-10 Lodge south to M-24 Telegraph north to Franklin Rd north to Square Lake Rd east to Opdyke Rd north.

Congestion on 275 around I-96/M-14 - left lane ends and two right lanes merge. Be cautious.

M-10 exit is the two right lanes (this merges into 3 lanes from the left). The far right lane exits to southbound Telegraph only. The right lane becomes the exit for northbound Telegraph. It's easier than it sounds but pay attention to the signs.

Telegraph is a busy 3-4 (each way) lane road. The right lane comes and goes around the mile roads. Go the speed limit even though the locals don't. You'll be on it for about 7 miles.

Hickory Ridge Rd is the last big street with a traffic light before Franklin. It's good to be in the right lane by here. People will be trying to get over to turn right so watch for that. There's 2 lanes turning right onto Franklin and onto Square Lake Rd. You'll only be on Franklin a block. Make a quick right again.

I can't remember if Square Lake stays 4 lanes or reduces to 3. In any case, you need to be in the right lane to exit. You'll take the Square Lake Rd / Opdyke Rd exit which is just past Opdyke Rd. You can see the hotel on your left. Take the exit and make a right. Drive to the end and make a right. Go left at the light and into the hotel.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 07-09-2008).]

Mister

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
As posted on the other thread...

The South Eastern Canadian Caravan... Fieros on HWY 401>>>402 route.

------------------

T-Top Conversion~Dual HUD~LED Setup~Red Fieros~Montreal Club~Carputer

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
As Blackrams said, the Bluegrass Fieros will be heading north, en masse......exact time of departure to be determined.

Hopefully we will cordinate with Fiero Guru, MrPbody and others along the way.

I know for sure ther will be two Pantera's in the mix.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by opm2000:
As Blackrams said, the Bluegrass Fieros will be heading north, en masse......exact time of departure to be determined.
Hopefully we will cordinate with Fiero Guru, MrPbody and others along the way.
I know for sure ther will be two Pantera's in the mix.
David Breeze

^ What he said.

------------------
Ron

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How many Bluegrass Fieros?
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:
How many Bluegrass Fieros?

Honestly, that number has not yet been determined. Many want to go, but it's too early to say. If the whole group came (which it won't), there would be about 50 families involved and around 100 to 120 Fieros. That isn't going to happen. We're a low bucks group. Three have commited that I believe are definately coming but, we're working the group and there appears to be a chance that 5 to 10 more may come. Will they? Who knows. That will be known when we all meet up for the convoy north. Some may come on their own and not convoy due to other commitments or agendas.

We're having a gathering of Bluegrass Fieros on 21 March and this event will be one of our main topics. So an honest answer to your question is no one knows for sure.

Ron
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock