Started on: 02-06-2008 03:00 PM
Replies: 103
Last post by: darkhorizon on 07-30-2008 11:56 AM
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
Milan Drag Day
Wednesday, July 23
Gates open @ 4:00pm

map/directions: http://www.milandragway.com/map.htm

editted for final info 04/03/08

tentative drivers/cars:
Matt Hawkins - 3.4 DOHC Turbo
DrCPU -
Pyrthian - 3.1 n/a
darkhorizon - and his crew
kyp - 3800 turbo
Custom84cp - 3.8SC
Green87 -

Mr.PBody - bringing $5000? lol

[This message has been edited by Pyrthian (edited 07-13-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Track day, is it drag or racing? Not to be nitpicking but there is a difference.
Raod racing looks like it'll happen at Waterford, I haven't read anything about Milan drag racing yet.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I think one of my swaps to be is in line for the waterford run, all the others are looking for a milan day (including fierox most likely). I am planning on having 3 of my own swaps there with their corresponding drivers, matt hawkins might show up seeing how he isnt far from us.

So if we want to get some type of track day together, lets work on it!
Fierochic88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Is there anything closer than Milan? It was quite a haul away...with traffic it took us nearly 45 min. to an hour.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2008 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Golden Gate Fieros (fierobear) is working on the details for the Track Day. This will be held at Waterford Hills road racing course on Thursday July 24, 2008. I'll let John come in with more details.

As for drag racing. We were not going to pursue this. There are 2 tracks that would be OK. Milan and one in Lapeer. Both tracks are 45 + minutes away from the show. If anyone is interested in running this event, we would add it as part of the show weekend. The Michigan Fiero club will not be sponsoring a drag event for this show.

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
Milan is usually open to for test & tune anyways. their 2008 schedule isnt up yet - but - judgeing by interest last time - maybe 10 people, can probably leave this as a "if ya wanna go - there it is" kinda thing for Friday.

yes...Milan is a long drive....
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Do you want to be the contact person for the drags?
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

Do you want to be the contact person for the drags?

being Friday is the only actual day it could be done - and Milan hasn't posted their 2008 schedule yet - dont know how to answer that

but, yes - I have no problem doing a "loose" organization for Friday afternoons drags at Milan.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Considering that I will be in charge of at least half the milan party, I guess you can make me a co-organizer, pyrthian.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 02-07-2008).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
it all comes down to the 2008 Milan Schedule. Friday is the only shot at making it work. This is usually a test & Tune day - so, it should be open for us to pile on in. Probably wanna get it all done by 4:00 PM, to get back to Pontiac for Friday Night fun.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Pyrthian

29569 posts
Member since Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

it all comes down to the 2008 Milan Schedule. Friday is the only shot at making it work. This is usually a test & Tune day - so, it should be open for us to pile on in. Probably wanna get it all done by 4:00 PM, to get back to Pontiac for Friday Night fun.

oops - just went back and looked at last years calander for some clues. looks like the friday test & tunes dont open until 4:00 PM.....
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
I have been thinking wednesdays are a decent day to go, although its a bit off the 25th.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
yes - but again - dont open until 4:00 PM - but will be much less crowded than friday. they also have other events on Fridays & Saturdays between the test 'n tunes. which means some public also. maybe show off some Fiero speed.

and, of course - wednesday - great for us locally - but for folk coming in this may not be so good. they're probably gonna have a hard enough time making the thursday Waterford event.

being it looks like just us anyways - wednesday is fine by me......how about the drivers of yer cars?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
No problems here. My group perfers the wednesday milan days, we know how to make them work. A few of my guys will be driving their fieros to work, then just stopping by on the way home.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
and, judging by responses - we be it.

Wednesday, July 23rd. unofficial Fiero 25th anniv Drag day. At Milan dragway. www.milandragway.com
tentative - due to Milan not having a 2008 schedule up yet.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
just checked - wednesday, july 23rd is in fact an open test-n-tune day
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Prythian,

I sent you a PM.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
sounds like we have a day set then. I dont think we need to contact milan, anyone planning on going should get there around 3pm or so.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
bump

------------------
Are You Going to the 25th Anniversary Show?

Official 25th Web Page

25th Registration Form

Fiero 25 - Mark (AKA: Wingnut - MD)

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

sounds like we have a day set then. I dont think we need to contact milan, anyone planning on going should get there around 3pm or so.

Thats funny, I thought you didnt want to bring your car into the "drag racing direction"?!?!

nor do I want to take my car into the drag racing direction at the moment.

You are such a hypocrite.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

You are such a hypocrite.

You're working with Archie, right?

Instead of namecalling, why not bring Archie's car and a camcorder out to Milan when you come out for the 25th?

I understand racing is less fun than calling someone a hypocrite or douchebag over the internet, but since DH is too much of a "coward" to drive all the way around Lake Michigan to come race, maybe this could be your opportunity to corner the "Archie-bashing fag" and finally have a race.
PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

You're working with Archie, right?

Instead of namecalling, why not bring Archie's car and a camcorder out to Milan when you come out for the 25th?

I understand racing is less fun than calling someone a hypocrite or douchebag over the internet, but since DH is too much of a "coward" to drive all the way around Lake Michigan to come race, maybe this could be your opportunity to corner the "Archie-bashing fag" and finally have a race.

1) Nope. I dont even own a SBC. Actually, Im pretty happy with just my turbo V6, but thanks for asking.

2) Im sorry if you consider that name calling. I have nothing personal against DH, but he does contradict himself quite a bit - which I find amusing. He is a hypocrite, plain and simple. If you call a female dog a b****, is that name calling? I dont believe so, because thats what a b**** is...I couldnt really think of a better example off the top of my head, sorry

3) Its not so much that he's a coward. Its more like a rice boy thing - talk very highly of your car in the parking lot, but when it comes time to put-up, you start pulling excuses out your ass. Same concept here. Its just something I find very amusing in these types of individuals.

Im sorry I had to say what I did earlier. I've tried to stay out as much as I could, but this guy is just too ridiculous. I couldnt help myself, I just cant stand people with his type of mentality. He made a statement saying he is not going into the "drag racing direction", but here he is now, wanting to be the co-organizer of this whole event. LOL

Its not an "Archie" thing at all, no way bro, its just how I feel.

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 03-15-2008).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
You dont need to run 11's to go to the track... I happen to enjoy racing A LOT, and I happen to go to the track many times a year.

By the "I dont want to take my car in the drag racing direction" quote, means I dont want to make it fast enough to compete against built 383 strokers with a 250 shot. I think that even kurt may go and run 18's with his 4cyl, but that does not mean he is taking his car in the drag racing direction...

Why are you in this thread anyway? Did you ever say you were going to go? Did you have a question about the track? Or are you just being a dirty troll trying to start crap with me?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to try a run or two or three. Wednesday?

Can I ask that the person who started this thread edit their post to put all the details on page 1? A map - or location and time to meet would be great!

Dave

Pyrthian - Can you edit your first entry with all the details?

[This message has been edited by DrCPU (edited 03-16-2008).]

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

You dont need to run 11's to go to the track... I happen to enjoy racing A LOT, and I happen to go to the track many times a year.

By the "I dont want to take my car in the drag racing direction" quote, means I dont want to make it fast enough to compete against built 383 strokers with a 250 shot. I think that even kurt may go and run 18's with his 4cyl, but that does not mean he is taking his car in the drag racing direction...

Why are you in this thread anyway? Did you ever say you were going to go? Did you have a question about the track? Or are you just being a dirty troll trying to start crap with me?

Well, when you announced your challenge to all the "manual V8 guys", you were taking your car into the drag racing direction. Thats what a challenge is right, a competition? I can understand that betting 5K is a ridiculous amount of money, I know I would never bet that kind of cash, but you did say that you would race for "whatever, money/pinks". I think you just spoke without thinking, I've done that a few times myself honestly, sh*t happens. Sometimes you catch crap for it, sometimes you dont.

I do want to go, and I think it would be a blast. I have to see what all we got planned, I think we might be arriving on the 24th tho, have to ask my "accountant".. Im sorry for embarassing you and giving you crap, I wont say another word about it, cool?

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 03-16-2008).]

Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Am I going to have to bring $5,000 to Milan just so we can stop bringing this up? Serious this is getting soooooo old. dark backed down, its over, you win, let it go.
Matt Hawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I will be there running my car. Hopefully not breaking it and running mid 11s.

------------------
62 Buick Special
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo 415 WHP, 11.9 @ 118
88 Toyota Supra Turbo

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matt Hawkins:

I will be there running my car. Hopefully not breaking it and running mid 11s.

Should I bring the "my getrag exploded you have to tow me home" truck again?
Matt Hawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Maybe. I think I am going to be running Mickey Thompson ET Streets...
AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
I'll be in on this as well. I'm hoping we can get a good turnout with many different kinds of swaps.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.95@106.1mph

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 03-17-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Awe, I should have screenshotted that....

I really need to get a bot that tracks these type of posts..... o well.
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
TTT
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
can we get a roll call on who maybe attending, and what you will be driving?
Matt Hawkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I should be there with my car. Silver 87 GT. Slightly modified.

------------------
62 Buick Special
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo 415 WHP, 11.9 @ 118
88 Toyota Supra Turbo

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

can we get a roll call on who maybe attending, and what you will be driving?

I'll be there. '88GT with higher numbers than what's in my sig

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs 12.95@106.1mph

unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Waterford track was right around the corner from me before I moved to SoCal

I thought Waterford track has regulations on car set ups. One of which is a roll cage.

HAS THE SNOW MELTED YET? It's been summer here for about a month now.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:
I'll be there. '88GT with higher numbers than what's in my sig

My junk pile will be there, running faster than I did last time

My auto swap buddies seem to be out at the moment, and the manual guys are getting a bit scared of sticky pavement... so it might be just me. Ill be sticking to the same setup I had last time, but as always more tuning and some nice gas this time.

No other 3800s want to come? No sbcs? I would have thought there would be some people interested in racing if they put the time and effort forth to do a motor swap...

Waterford track was right around the corner from me before I moved to SoCal

I thought Waterford track has regulations on car set ups. One of which is a roll cage.

this is straight line racing, south of ann arbor.
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

My junk pile will be there, running faster than I did last time

My auto swap buddies seem to be out at the moment, and the manual guys are getting a bit scared of sticky pavement... so it might be just me. Ill be sticking to the same setup I had last time, but as always more tuning and some nice gas this time.

No other 3800s want to come? No sbcs? I would have thought there would be some people interested in racing if they put the time and effort forth to do a motor swap...

well - still plenty of time.
and - yes - the tacky track. I burst a trans with just my little 3.1 n/a. but - it was the 4-cyl 4-speed - so - was bound to happen anyways.

were you there for the 20th drag racing? 50 cars showed up. under 10 got on the track.
most people prefer to talk & bench race.

------------------
1985 Fiero SE - Plain Red 3.1 V6 Coupe
Engle18Cam DIS 4.10-4spd 7730 WCF Long Tubes Borla
D.A.M.M. - Drunks Against Mad Mothers

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
Was not there for the 20th, but I am not bench racing...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock