Started on: 02-01-2008 07:00 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: JimmyS on 02-02-2008 11:49 AM
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Been doing some minor mods to the car lately.
Before...

After...

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 02-01-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Planning on painting the whole car, or blending in the silver somehow?
86_fiero_gt_92

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_fiero_gt_92Send a Private Message to 86_fiero_gt_92Direct Link to This Post
are thoes stageII scoops?
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
They are Dietmar, not sure if they are available anymore.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Eventually the whole car will be painted. I'm just doing some of the minor things first. I also have a Chop Top planned for the future before I paint the car. The reason the rear wing is black now is because I moved it back 2". In the process of doing that I broke one of the wing stands. I bought a good used set that were white so I sanded/stripped them down and primered them. Then decide to sand/strip down the wing and primer it too while I had it off.

The scoops are the Dietmar Scoops from Germany.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
The first free mod I'd do is remove the bug guard! Other then that, looks great!

------------------

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

The first free mod I'd do is remove the bug guard! Other then that, looks great!

The only reason that is on there is because the front bumper has some pretty big chips in the paint and looks really bad. Believe it or not, the bumper looks better with the bra on it. Once the car is painted the bra will not be on.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait to get down there and tear it up...
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Can't wait to get down there and tear it up...

Well i'm waiting on you! LOL
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
I'll call you one day, I am off to the scrapyard tomorrow hopefully to buy 4 grand am calipers. Not to thread hijack but you have the 4 wheel conversion, do I just need the calipers (I will buy brand new drilled and slotted powdercoated rotors) off of the donor cars? I know I need 2 sets of front calipers. What year grand ams?
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

I'll call you one day, I am off to the scrapyard tomorrow hopefully to buy 4 grand am calipers. Not to thread hijack but you have the 4 wheel conversion, do I just need the calipers (I will buy brand new drilled and slotted powdercoated rotors) off of the donor cars? I know I need 2 sets of front calipers. What year grand ams?

Yes I have the 4 wheel conversion.Why don't you just buy new calipers? I bought 2 calipers, 2 rotors and 2 sets of brake pads at Advance Auto for just under $100 for all of it. $200 for front and rear together. Mine are for a 89 Grand Am. The backs are direct bolt on but you will lose your e-brake. The fronts are also a direct bolt on but you will need to have the stock Fiero hubs turned down so the new rotors will slide over the hubs.
PFF
System Bot
Mr.PBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
$30 for 4 calipers at upullandpay.

edit: $84 for new calipers from advance, unloaded.

[This message has been edited by Mr.PBody (edited 02-02-2008).]

JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Oh ya cheap bastad! Spend the extra $50 and get new ones. They is your brakes and very very impotant that thems works right.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

jimmy did you jack the car up in the back, and if so why ??
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
jimmy did you jack the car up in the back, and if so why ??

No. I have a 6 1/2" ride height in the back and 6" in the front. Haven't changed it since Daytona. Maybe I just need taller tires. LOL
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

No. I have a 6 1/2" ride height in the back and 6" in the front. Haven't changed it since Daytona. Maybe I just need taller tires. LOL

Nah i just think it was angle of pic, made the wheel gap seem different than the before pic.
JimmyS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2008 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
Actually the gap may be just a bit bigger. I have done a few burn outs and I'm sure the tread height is smaller now.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock