Started on: 01-22-2008 09:50 AM
Replies: 36
Last post by: CowsPatoot on 04-15-2008 11:28 AM
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
If there was a blood drive at the show Saturday morning, how many people would be willing to donate?

The reason of this thread is to see how many would donate. I'm sure a bunch would but the Red Cross would like an estimate before they will do it. 45 is the minimum for a drive. The support needed for 50 vs 80, for example, is different.

I'll be posting more info later.

BLOOD DRIVE INTEREST SURVEY

If the American Red Cross were to come here to set up a blood drive would you be willing to donate blood?
WE NEED 45 NAMES TO SET UP DATE FOR THE RED CROSS TO COME TO OUR SITE.
To be eligible you must be: At least 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds, and be in good health.

The Red Cross will need your name, phone number and email address. You can PM me the info, I won't post them here.
1. Gokart Mozart
2. Pyrthian
3. blackrams
4. Fierotaz
5. FieroReinke
6. CTFieroGT87
7. Gokart Mozart's friend
8. Firefighter
9. 1984whitesc
10. pumpkincarriage
11. BigRed88
12. 86_IRM_TURBO

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 04-15-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I dunno - how will that effect my drinking saturday night?
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Less blood in your system = cheaper date
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Will they be inserting mind control devices in us? On a serious note, I bet a bunch of people would donate.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Heck yes, I've donated over 4 gallons. What's another pint.

------------------
Ron

It's the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us the freedom of the press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians
That ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 01-22-2008).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Sure, I should be due for a power red donation right around that time.
FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I would donate.
CTFieroGT87

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CTFieroGT87Send a Private Message to CTFieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
I would donate as well.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2008 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
bump
Firefighter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefighterSend a Private Message to FirefighterDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, count me in. That will reduce my blood pressure for about a week, better than medication. Ed

------------------

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
I donate locally on a semi-regular basis to the Red Cross. I would be open to donating but it going to depend when my prior give date is. I am at 110 days because I give via the Alexis System. They take two pints of red blood cells at a time, separate out the plasma, and return. I love it because you get poked half as much with a smaller needle. They treat you like a king waiting on you hand and foot while you are attached to their machine.

Would they do walkups with ID and Red Cross ID Card? Also I need to find out how my knee operation four weeks ago is going to effect my abiltity to give.
PFF
System Bot
85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I might be interested....but it would depend on what day it would be. I have 0 + or maybe its 0 - blood so everyone can use my blood.....but I think I can only receive my blood type.
88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
I won't be at the 25th, but on a related note, there was a lady here in my town that got her 16 gallon pin a couple weeks ago.. I thought that was just amazing..
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 05:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

I donate locally on a semi-regular basis to the Red Cross. I would be open to donating but it going to depend when my prior give date is. I am at 110 days because I give via the Alexis System. They take two pints of red blood cells at a time, separate out the plasma, and return. I love it because you get poked half as much with a smaller needle. They treat you like a king waiting on you hand and foot while you are attached to their machine.

Would they do walkups with ID and Red Cross ID Card? Also I need to find out how my knee operation four weeks ago is going to effect my abiltity to give.

Today is 177 days until the show.

They'll gladly take walk ins. We need the 45 first to get the ball rolling. For your surgery it will depend on the meds (most are ok) and if your stitches/staples are out.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by 85_Fiero_2M4:

I might be interested....but it would depend on what day it would be. I have 0 + or maybe its 0 - blood so everyone can use my blood.....but I think I can only receive my blood type.

O- is the universal donor and can only receive -. O+ can receive - and +.
1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I am willing to give, but I am unsure of my blood type. Would they have a test there to find out what type I am?
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2008 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageDirect Link to This Post
I would donate if they came out for sure.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2008 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I don't think they can tell right away. They should send a card with your blood type in the mail, you might even get a Red Cross donor card for future donations.

Pumkincarrage, We need people like you to just say you'd give if they came so they will come.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2008 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazDirect Link to This Post
Bump ....
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2008 05:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Don't wait until the last minute!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2008 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
weekly bump
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
I am exempt from donating (severe phobia of needles, pass out every time I try to donate...Red Cross has asked me to quit trying), but I will be bring others that will gladly donate.
The_Stickman2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2008 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_Stickman2Click Here to visit The_Stickman2's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_Stickman2Direct Link to This Post
I have a question I am not sure anyone will really know. I have severe migraines. Does anyone think that someone that receives my blood could get them too. I know a guy that got a peanut allergy due to a transfusion. Damn near killed him. I would just feel guilty giving this horrible condition to someone else.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
My advise would be to talk to a doctor, not just because of donating but to help with your migraines and see a massage therapist that specializes in cranial sacral.
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
PM sent go kart,

2,600th post!!!
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
bump
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
bump
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
It's starting to get near crunch time. We need the list to be completed by April 15th or this will be a no go.

Red Cross blood donating fyi, faq, tips, etc

When you donate a single unit of blood, you can help save up to three lives.

Donating blood takes less than an hour and is relatively painless.

You can donate every 56 days.

To donate blood you must be in good health, weigh 110 pounds or more and be at least 17 years old.

TOP 10 REASONS TO GIVE BLOOD

10. You will get free juice and cookies.

9. You will weigh less - one pint less when you leave than when you came in.

8. It's easy and convenient.

7. It's something you can spare - most people have blood to spare... yet, there is still not enough to go around.

6. Nobody can ask you to do any heavy lifting as long as you have the bandage on. You can wear it for as long as you like. It's your badge of honor.

5. You will walk a little taller afterwards - you will feel good about yourself.

4. You will be helping to ensure that blood is there when you or someone close to you may need it. Most people don't think they'll ever need blood, but many do.

3. It's something you can do on equal footing with the rich and famous - blood is something money can't buy. Only something one person can give to another.

2. You will be someone's hero - you may give a newborn, a child, a mother or a father, a brother, or a sister another chance at life. In fact, you may help save up to three lives with just one donation.

1. It's the right thing to do.
BigRed88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2008 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigRed88Send a Private Message to BigRed88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

...To be eligible you must be: At least 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds...

Yeah, no problem there...It's been awhile since I've donated, but I still carry my card in my wallet (but don't wear my pin).

You can add me to the list. PM sent with name, address, phone #, etc.

~Ellen

Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
bump
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
There's only a couple more weeks (deadline is April 15) to sign up or this won't happen. It'll only take an hour of your time and could help 3 people.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero 25 - Mark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero 25 - MarkClick Here to visit Fiero 25 - Mark's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero 25 - MarkDirect Link to This Post
Bump, for a very good cause. Please think about donating the gift of life.
Hank is Here

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
If I come to the 25th I'd donate, however I am up in the air if I'll come
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

I am exempt from donating (severe phobia of needles, pass out every time I try to donate...Red Cross has asked me to quit trying), but I will be bring others that will gladly donate.

I've got the answer, we'll show you a needle, draw out what we need and when you wake up (hopefully), everyone will be happy.

Oh, BTW, bump for a great cause.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 04-03-2008).]

86_IRM_TURBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
I'll do it!

I'm O neg.

[This message has been edited by 86_IRM_TURBO (edited 04-03-2008).]

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Last chance! Deadline is now!
I'm working on a couple giveaways for attempting to give blood but without interest it's a lost matter.

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 04-15-2008).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

I've got the answer, we'll show you a needle, draw out what we need and when you wake up (hopefully), everyone will be happy.

Oh, BTW, bump for a great cause.

Ron

I used to tell them that....."Once I am out cold, take all you want." But they kept quoting something about policies and safety and fear of lawsuits and blah blah blah. Another bump.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock