Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Redesign Radio Console ( TFT 7" , DvD , IR Frontcam) by Fieromaniac
Started on: 06-13-2007 02:20 PM
Replies: 146
Last post by: Fieromaniac on 02-22-2008 07:40 AM
Fieromaniac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is the plan :

my radioconsole will have a Aluminium look
a DvD Radio with remotecontrol (pics follow)
a 7" TFT for Navigation , DVB-T TV , Frontcamera with infrared for Night view
and the little upgraded ventilationcontrol

here is the TFT

bought it from Ebay , its a portable Playstation2 screen 35€ new price so iam gonna take it apart

updates follow
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I'd love to know the detail of interfacing to that TFT. I've been thinking about doing a class cockpit using something similar.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 03:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
This is cool, ill be watching!

------------------

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2007 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I'm very curious about the design of this. I've been wanting to adapt the Fiero dash to accept Double DIN, or 7" LCD's. Preferably little bit higher up than the radio is now, so I don't have to take my eyes of the road for too long..

Keep us posted..

-M
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
had something like this in mind

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Super excellent project! AND you started it off right by posting pictures! Nothin' worse than two pages of how too typed up... makes it tough on those of us with ADHD.
ITALGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac:

...Been wanting to go in basically the same direction with my interior project.

I'll be watching you!!!

Brett
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Nice ideas...
Just a quick note, the HUD has to be in your line on sight, or else it's not serving it's purpose.

see here //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064644.html

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 06-16-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2007 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Nice ideas...
Just a quick note, the HUD has to be in your line on sight, or else it's not serving it's purpose.

see here //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/064644.html

ohh good to know thx for the tip , i thought its kind of a holographical film where it will be projected onto . Ill relocate the HUD then
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
first of two cameras arrived today

attached the camera to my TV and took a pic from the campic

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2007 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fieromaniac: ohh good to know thx for the tip , i thought its kind of a holographical film where it will be projected onto . Ill relocate the HUD then

Yeah, I had that misconcept at first, it's just a reflection, it has to be exactly below the desired reflection location (see pics in thread).

keep us posted
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
got the Radio/DVD-player today .

i hope it hold what promised ,
it play dvd mp3 vcd svcd cd cdr cdrw dvdrw and has cardreader and usb 2.0 port
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Please include the place where you get /got your IR camera.

Very nice thread so far. I will be watching
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post06-20-2007 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Damn you, steeling my idea. I have a twist to mine though. Your drawing looks good, I'll watch to see how it comes out.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2007 02:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Please include the place where you get /got your IR camera.

Very nice thread so far. I will be watching

i use a camera like this here

http://cgi.ebay.de/743-7-IR...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and i will build me 2 infrared headlights (with infrared LED http://cgi.ebay.com/20x-10m...QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) to improve the range of the nightview with 40 IR LED estimated range 80 - 100 meters for cold objects .
humans ,animals , cops behind trees , ..... will be seen better

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 06-21-2007).]

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2007 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
old stuff out

some woodwork for the body (will be covered with leather later)

first impressions

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-22-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good!
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
The vents will be above the TV, or will you just close them off? it looks like a great design
Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
Where'd you get that shifter surround from? Did you make that?
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2007 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
yes i did the sourround //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/065076.html

atm iam building new aluminium vents , smaller than the original
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
divided the ventilationcontrols

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

Fieromaniac

980 posts
Member since Nov 2006
enough for today

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Very nice!

I like what you did with the HVAC...very nice indeed.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
WOW!! NOW you impressed me!
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
100 infrared LED for the IR Headlights and 10 ultraviolett LED for enginebay illumination
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
What are you going to use the 100 IR LEDS for? They will not give any light? They are used to transmit signals like a remote, right?
Don´t you need a special camera for night vision?
The console looks great!

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 06-25-2007).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

What are you going to use the 100 IR LEDS for? They will not give any light? They are used to transmit signals like a remote, right?
Don´t you need a special camera for night vision?
The console looks great!

The IR LEDs will be used to send an IR Signal for Night Vision. They will produce IR light ahead of the vehicle, and the Night Vision Camera will pick up on any reflections.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
oh yeah ! VERY nice hvac controls !!! Of course I just use the vent, cause no AC here.....

I did find a nice IR camera that did come with the leds. A bit larger than yours but IR indeed! Thanks for the source
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

oh yeah ! VERY nice hvac controls !!! Of course I just use the vent, cause no AC here.....

I did find a nice IR camera that did come with the leds. A bit larger than yours but IR indeed! Thanks for the source

my Frontcamera has also 18 IR LED build in i will use the 100 IR LED to buils me 2 seperate LED Headlights to improve the Range of the nightview which is normally 9-15 meters and thats not much
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
So are you saying that the more IR leds will alow you to see further?
I thought that the distance was directed to the lens only? I think i got one that shows 25/80 meters
oh here ya go...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBay...=110140413810&rd=1,1
PFF
System Bot
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

So are you saying that the more IR leds will alow you to see further?
I thought that the distance was directed to the lens only? I think i got one that shows 25/80 meters
oh here ya go...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBay...=110140413810&rd=1,1

looking good for me

and sure range is same effect if u would use 1 normal LED or 100
the IR LED emmit an IR light beam similar to an Lightbeam within the visible Lightspectrum and the Cmos camera will show you the objects enlighted by the IR Lightbeam .
A Real infrared Camera would show you also the heat of Living objects ( like the view of the "Predator" in the same named schwarzeneggermovie )

the biggest advantage that u have with the Infraredbeams is that u can iluminate the whole area in Front of the car without disturbing other drivers .
i think mercedes use also the IR Lightbeam method and BWM uses the real infrared cam tech
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Very Cool project..Good luck.

What will you use for a shifter, because won't the standard Fiero knob hit whatever is in the drink holders?

Bob
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post

A Real infrared Camera would show you also the heat of Living objects ( like the view of the "Predator" in the same named schwarzeneggermovie )

I think that would be a FLIR camera .....
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post

getting the leather onto the console is hard . seems it dont like me

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-26-2007 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Will you be installing a heads up display like in your drawing?
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
yes but i will build me a new housing for the instrumentcluster where it will be integrated in .
like Mister told me : its not a place for the HUD
mtownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
you've inspired me to fix my center console but not go quite as far as you have. Yours looks like its going to turn out very nice.
Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2007 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
starting to work on the ALU Frontplates

Fieromaniac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2007 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaniacClick Here to visit Fieromaniac's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieromaniacDirect Link to This Post
265 holes per side 2 times drilling per hole = 1060 holes at all ....... man i even drilled into my finger

u shouldnt drill while watching TV

[This message has been edited by Fieromaniac (edited 06-28-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock