Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Has anyone seen or heard from Loyde - Fastfieros??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Has anyone seen or heard from Loyde - Fastfieros?? by top-dawg
Started on: 02-13-2007 12:39 AM
Replies: 35
Last post by: AJxtcman on 01-22-2008 01:42 PM
top-dawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
I've been trying to reach Loyde for weeks now, email and phone, with no luck. Is he still around?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Last we heard he was out of the country for a brief period, but i understand he is now back and working on customer cars.

Those who have actually talked to him may want to chime in.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-13-2007).]

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
He returned an email from me about a week ago so I know that he is around. He told me that he does not check his pm's as often as he does his email.
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies...

A week ago, eh? grrrr...

I remember he was talking about moving out of his house into an apartment. I wonder if that is what is going on.... Maybe I'll have to send him a snail mail letter....

Loyde I know you're out there. If you see this, email me please.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I talked to Loyde last week on the phone and he is back at work. I hope to get my car back within the next 4 weeks or potentially even earlier.
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Did you talk to him on the cell number listed on his web site? That's the number I've been trying.

Nice to hear your car is nearly finished. Just curious, when did you start your project with Loyde?
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Tom, I am alive and working...

I will call..

Loyde
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Loyde,
I'll be looking forward to your call. I have my cell with me always...

tom
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Tom, I am alive and working...

Loyde

Good to hear from you Loyde. Are you going to be at Round up X?

RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear from you Loyde as well! Hope all is going well!
tampalinc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tampalincSend a Private Message to tampalincDirect Link to This Post
Loyde,
Please return my e-mail.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Loyde, any news about Will-Martins' chopper? Do you think Will's car will be ready for the Choptop Home Comming -2 (CTHC-2) in Sept 2007? I'm looking forward in seeing his ride....in person, hehe.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Loyde, any news about Will-Martins' chopper? Do you think Will's car will be ready for the Choptop Home Comming -2 (CTHC-2) in Sept 2007? I'm looking forward in seeing his ride....in person, hehe.

/signed

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
I know nothing...except that sometimes life comes at us hard. All of us. Sometimes it takes awhile to regain our balance.

Originally posted by jscott1:
Good to hear from you Loyde. Are you going to be at Round up X?

I would love to see you make it also. I might remind you that all work and no play can be very depressing. You might need to catch the fever again. .
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

/signed

I take that as a "yes."
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
I take that as a "yes."

it will be ready for that event...

Loyde

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FastFieros:
it will be ready for that event...

Loyde

As a fastback??
procarnut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for procarnutSend a Private Message to procarnutDirect Link to This Post
I can imagine he is VERY busy. You can't do all the things he's doing and get it done fast. I know everyone want's their cars at a reasonable time but things that are well done, take time. Plus his other stuff that is going on. I usually spend an average of 2 hours a day answering technical questions and it always slows me down on what I have planned. So I'm sure he is like me, Less I talk the more I get done........

I'm not saying that Loyde or Myself are unwilling to answer questions, it's just that it takes away from everything else that has to be done. So I'm sure if he doesn't answer it's because he is trying to knock thing out, especially after being away for a little while.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
Talked to Loyde today. Hes doing well and is working on harnesses. Please don't worry, I know Loyde is an A class person and will pull through.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

As a fastback??

Unsure about the fastback part, but it will probably be in good working order, whatever form it is in.

--Will
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Anyone hear from him in the past couple weeks??

I hate to revive this thread but it seems to be the only way for me to get Loyde’s attention lately. Emails and phone calls go unanswered. Deadlines (set by Loyde) are not met.

Loyde, if you are out there please call me. We need to finish up our business.
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I have talked with him and received two e-mails this week. I hope that my car is ready to pick up in a few weeks but will have to wait and see. Like everyone else I have been waiting for completion of the work for quite a while.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
I do know his internet has been up/down for the past 2-3 weeks and there are issues with the provider that he goes thru. I will see if I can get ahold of him and let him know he being looked for.
muttly69gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2007 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for muttly69gtoSend a Private Message to muttly69gtoDirect Link to This Post
Loyde, can you hear me now? I hate to repeat what appears to be a problem others have had as well, but has anyone heard from Loyde lately? I have had no luck getting any calls back on a purchase my son made in early Feb. The only 2 times I did get him on the phone he promised to send out the parts in 1-2 weeks and many weeks later still nothing. We started this process nearing a year ago and sent him a small collection of components to do his magic to, but it seems as soon as my son sent the $1350 through PayPal he lost interest. Has anyone else had any luck getting Loyde to hold true to his word or get a refund of their parts and money to go elsewhere? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a son entering his senior year of high school with his car collecting cobwebs.
top-dawg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for top-dawgSend a Private Message to top-dawgDirect Link to This Post
Muttly I don't have any advise, but my cobwebs are older than yours. In fact September will be two years. Requests for a refund are answered with vauge responses if I'm lucky. Loyde, if your listening I need my harness finished or not.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
That's not good... Hopefully he's ok. He seems to be the best resource regarding turbo/supercharged ecotec swaps.

JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2007 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by top-dawg:

...Loyde, if your (sic) listening...

I heard from him a couple of days ago. Check your PM's.

muttly69gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for muttly69gtoSend a Private Message to muttly69gtoDirect Link to This Post
I am curious to know if anyone out there knows of someone who pursued this problem through legal means. Are there any recources through PayPal or local Better Business Bureaus? I hate to beat a guy when he's down if that is the problem, but he has lied repeatedly to my 17 year old son and I guess I take it personally. I figure with the $1350.00 we sent him plus 3 wiring harnesses, 1 PCM and components to build an alternator bracket we are looking at a fair sum of money. I will not let this go unanswered. I would be tickled if he would just fulfill his obligation and provide what we ordered and paid for. I am more involved with the older Pontiacs and through POCI and such have never received anywhere near this poor of service from a fellow member. I have a friend in Sioux Falls with similar problems as well with Loyde. I hope I can forwarn others of this hazard before they engage in business with Loyde. I sure wish I had dug into the Fiero Forum before committing myself.
Kostarossa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KostarossaSend a Private Message to KostarossaDirect Link to This Post
Did anyone talked to Loyde at FastFieros lately? I am trying to reach him by email and phone with no success.
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I spoke with him on his cell several times last week.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5728 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I talked to Loyde several times on his cell last week and once or twice via e-mail.
PFF
System Bot
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Tom and I have been talking.

Russ is in progress...

Kostas your stuff shipped Dec 12th to Greece. and Kostas, you know it takes a month for stuff to get to Greece. When you have called the last 5 times, my cell was not just in my pocket. I quit answering the phone every 30 minutes these days. I no longer have my Nextel account where it is free incoming, so my 2000 minutes is eat up in about 15 days time. With my Nextel account, I was logging 5000 minutes a month. As to email? the last one I show is Dec 10th.

Loyde
Kostarossa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2007 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KostarossaSend a Private Message to KostarossaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Loyde,

...and I was wondering why I could not reach you. I received a 2nd notice from the post office today about the package. For some reason I didn't get the get the 1st one.

Will pick up the package on Monday.

Kostas

PS: yes I believe it is a good tactic to stop answering calls every 30 mins so you can work on the projects.

[This message has been edited by Kostarossa (edited 12-28-2007).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post
Loyde, sent you an e-mail.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2008 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I was speaking to Reverend Fiero yesterday and he told me that Loyde has not delivered on a harness he ordered a long time ago. He also said that he hasn't replied to the numerous emails sent asking when the harness would be done. Loyde may make an excellent quality product but his customer service is sub-par.
I'm sure people would be willing to wait if he just keep them in the loop by notifying them on the progress of their orders. Asking for the full amount of money up front and taking a year or more to deliver is not acceptable. I suggest he should ask for one third of the money down as a deposit, to put the orders in cue. This would be followed by another third, when he is actually working on the order. A final third would be required when the order is ready for delivery. This would ensure a continued flow of money, keep the customers informed and everyone would be happier.
Not answering phone calls or emails is a good way to piss people of and to get lawyers involved. I suggest Loyde contact everyone who has been trying to get ahold of him and tell them exactly what is going on or issue refunds.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 01-20-2008).]

AJxtcman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJxtcmanSend a Private Message to AJxtcmanDirect Link to This Post
I talk to Loyde a few times a month. Last time he was driving back to Texas from Illinois. It must have been about the 10th of this month. Although he usually calls me or Emails me. Hmmm that is strange. I get a call or email from him like clock work every 60 days.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock