Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Show me your custom steering wheel. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Show me your custom steering wheel. by James Bond 007
Started on: 07-22-2006 10:05 AM
Replies: 57
Last post by: Acesurfer on 05-08-2008 05:52 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
So Ive been thinking of replaceing the stock steeing wheel (smaller).If you've replaced your steering wheel,post a pic (allso price $$$).Did it need an adaptor plate or did it come with one or was none needed.Im not sure if the ones on this link will work,but the sure do look nice.I like the Kobra style,the strada looks nice too.Was the stock wheel very dificult to remove?
http://www.volantiluisi.it/Modello.asp?i_id=16

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 07-22-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The stock steering wheel is easy enough to remove with a steering wheel puller. Remember though that on a car with no power steering a smaller steering wheel will increase the steering effort. Make sure your suspension is working correctly and you have the right offset on your front wheels.

Edit - I have a Firebird steering wheel

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 07-22-2006).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine. Got it off of eBay for about $200. It's a very nice wheel and it goes with the theme of my car. But it'd still be a nice wheel even without the prancing horse in the middle.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario

Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

x-thumpr-x

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine. Bought it off ebay for 18US. The adapter for this one was also a 6 hole mount, like the fiero is, so I just took apart an old GT wheel, dilled out new holes to adapt it to the stock Fiero hub assembly. After a few months though, the leather started peeling out. Have to use a stronger glue (3M) and re-glue a couple of area's.

Don't have any good pics of it installed on the car, guess I need to update that with some more pics

------------------

14.17 @ 156KPH

paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
I have a pic of mine installed.

------------------

When I change the way I look at things,
the things I look at change.

SLOWnSTEADY

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post

i know... i need my carpet cleaned! not bad for pullin it out of a feild after it'd been sittin for like 5 years.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Here's mine. Got it off of eBay for about $200. It's a very nice wheel and it goes with the theme of my car. But it'd still be a nice wheel even without the prancing horse in the middle.

I was thinking about going through this person,price is right and includes the adaptor.I allso like some of the other pics,good info too ( x-thumpr-x).A+ for all, unles you allready have my A+ rateing.

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Now this is the first fiero whit the cigaret lighter as shown on this pic .. in the middle of the dash jk

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
We used the Momo Italy wheel at the low cost of $264 plus cost of adapter and shipping.
But I love the way it looks.

Akex
rio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rioSend a Private Message to rioDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTRwideboby:

We used the Momo Italy wheel at the low cost of $264 plus cost of adapter and shipping.
But I love the way it looks.

Akex

Nice. Now tell me about that interior....

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058350.html

Here is the thread which exaplains the build of the whole car, interior included.

Alex
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
x-thumpr-x:

Any more information on your wheel? Link to the old E-Bay auction or the seller?

Thanks
Nolan
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroDirect Link to This Post
Here's the one I just took out and still have around somewhere. I got a larger one.

fieroeater

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2006 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroeaterSend a Private Message to fieroeaterDirect Link to This Post
Heres mine... It is an obx steering wheel I got off of ebay about two years ago... it cost about 60$ then I had to buy a 30$ momo steering wheel adapter.

fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know the P/N for the Fiero adapter? I don't have a GT.

THANKS!!!

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
Patrol Squadron Ten
United States Navy

JCL86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCL86GTClick Here to visit JCL86GT's HomePageSend a Private Message to JCL86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by YellowArtero:

Here's the one I just took out and still have around somewhere. I got a larger one.

What's hanging from the roof of your car? Is that a GPS? What kind? How did you mount it? Do you like it?

THANKS
John Lange

------------------
RED / SILVER 86 GT

RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Only decent picture of the steering wheel I have up on PIP right now...

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

This wheel required an adapter plate and moved it closer to me about 2 inches. I also had to make a plate to mount the horn switch that goes under the horn button. I have less than $100 in it all together.

The smaller diameter is good. It makes gettin in and out of the car easier too.

The wheel is the only place where your body comes in direct contact with the car. Replacing an old 4-spoke, or gummy GT wheel will make the entire car seem better.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
im not a fiero driver anymore but i love the MOMO wheel in my GTI

------------------

AIM:Onefast2M8
02 Jetta 1.8t
98 GTI 2.slow
02 CBR 954RR

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 10-19-2006).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post10-19-2006 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine..Isotta..which I believe is a subsidiary of MoMo..payed $300..didn't need a new boss, just re-drilled the old mount to line up..20 minutes work

Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 10-19-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Here is mine. A little old school but then again I'm old.......school.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RTNmsds:

Only decent picture of the steering wheel I have up on PIP right now...

Where did those seats come from? I like 'em a lot!
fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silicoan86:

Where did those seats come from? I like 'em a lot!

90' and up 300zx

------------------
Artero Rebody , 18"s, 91' 350 SBC / Muncie 4spd
85.5 Porsche 944 euro *for sale*
82' Benz 300SD turbo . *for sale*
87' Fiero Cp. candy blue, Chrome 16"s, *will sale*

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
This was probably the second biggest addition to the car this year (Lebaron Brake Swap was first)... anyway... here goes... used a billet adaptor and also added a matching shifter knob.

[This message has been edited by Saber49 (edited 10-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
MOMO. It closely matches the 547 spokes

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Mine is 13" on the outside, the grip is about 1 1/4" thick but feels good.

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 10-19-2006).]

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
Sooooo, here's a newbie question.

I bought a new (while cheap $89) steering wheel from ebay, and a momo adapter. Got it all together, but can't figure out how to re-connect so the horn works!!

The new steering wheel has electrical connection with a ground wire, while (as you experts know) the stock works with the pushing of a pin and spring!! How do I get this to work properly. I did a search, but it appears I'm the only one w/out a clue!!

HELP!!
paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Direct Link to This Post
Leccara with custom made center cap using original Indy badge! Had a better photo, but could not find it. another photo

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O

[This message has been edited by paced84 (edited 12-04-2006).]

fierogt3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3800Click Here to visit fierogt3800's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierogt3800Direct Link to This Post
heres what ive been saving for my turbine engine 3" bubble roof fiero project.

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Sabre49 - I gotta know more about that shift handle ! Man that's Beauitiful.

Is it from a Chrysler Crossfire ? How the heck did you get it to work on a fiero ?
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

PaulJK

6638 posts
Member since Oct 2001
bump
Disillusion

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DisillusionSend a Private Message to DisillusionDirect Link to This Post
RTNmsds - a quick question on your seats. They are from a 1990+ 300zx no? what sort of modifications' did you need to do, if any, to get them to fit? Thanks

Everyone else with custom wheels, how much smaller are they than the stock fiero wheel? I find that with longer legs my knees are very close to the wheel and during more spirited driving my knees hit the wheel alot and it is as far as it will tilt up
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Get a "D" shaped wheel that has the flat part on the bottom to give you more "knee room" . See pics from Paulcal, Mad Curl and Fieroeater above ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-08-2006).]

THE BEAST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for THE BEASTSend a Private Message to THE BEASTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saber49:

This was probably the second biggest addition to the car this year (Lebaron Brake Swap was first)... anyway... here goes... used a billet adaptor and also added a matching shifter knob.

AC
What Brand is this steering wheel?

JG
Brian Lamberts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
Here's my "custom" wheel. (I'm cheap and I don't like those expensive aftermarket wheel systems.)

It replaced the tacky paddle style wheel in my Formula. Looks rather stock and is quite nice

(out of an 89 Firebird, I think.) From Ebay for about $30.
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I like what Momo has for selection, but I hate the hub adapters. They move the wheel too close to the driver for my taste. Are there any lower profile ones?

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Aircraft Electronics Technician Second Class
Patrol Squadron Ten
United States Navy

ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroturbo:

Hey, I like what Momo has for selection, but I hate the hub adapters. They move the wheel too close to the driver for my taste. Are there any lower profile ones?

...that's a good question, and I'd have to agree with you about the closeness issue. Maybe someone could shed some light on this.

Here's the steering wheel in my GT... a MOMO Millennium:

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/UNIVERSAL-LEATHER-JDM-STEERING-WHEEL-RX7-SENTRA-ACCORD_W0QQitemZ200055245585QQihZ010QQcategoryZ33704QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i just want something cheap, but dont want to use an adapter.... also, what is Fiero steering wheel diameter? in inches+ mm

also im assuming the GT wheel will fit non GT's?
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-15-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock