Started on: 11-06-2007 02:41 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Mister on 11-16-2007 07:38 PM
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Finally I went to fix the headliner on my red car. Last time I did it was over 10 yrs ago and I wanted to do a suede treatment. Then I decided to use some custom design foam I bought long time ago at Daytona and get a little creative. This is how it started..

I wanted to start with something simple as I didn't know how it was going to come out. So a simple Pontiac diamond was the idea.

At the end I cut a bigger one...

And this is the end result.

This is how it looks in the car:

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Looks great! Now all you need is one of these things for your keychain....

Dirty Harry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
That's different! Hope you bring this to the Faul Haul. I'm interested in seeing how the fabric looks. About to redo one of mine. Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Still planning to go but lost my passengers so I'm hesitant to go alone. Will know by Friday. Here is the door progress.

Started with fabric...

Then cut it using old one as guide. I have to say that the brake cleaner tip was great. Spray it on old carpet and it will pry off easily. Then clean it with washing machine soap and water and it won't even stink.

Then I got creative again and though about a Formula logo at the door. Problem was that they charged too much for the custom font. So I got what I think is a very close font to match and just put our beloved name. I think it came out ok. Do you?

Finally I need to work with that big flat empty area as I may not use the map pockets. So this is what I'm thinking of with a treatment similar to the headliner.

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Looks great for a first try...

I think I know what fabric you were using... Fairly hard to work with because it is not that stretchy (wrinkles are a pain), fairly thin (so if you are using a spray gun for glue you can easily put down too much glue and have the glue show through the fabric)

I do about one headliner a week at work... That kind of fabric is great for headliners because it is fairly lightweight.. but it's a pain in the ass to work with

IMO the flames on the door may be too much... I did a set of fiero door for a local guy and just did a raised FIERO where your embroidered logo is and left the map pocket smooth... Looked pretty good

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 11-06-2007).]

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Looks great for a first try...

I think I know what fabric you were using... Fairly hard to work with because it is not that stretchy (wrinkles are a pain), fairly thin (so if you are using a spray gun for glue you can easily put down too much glue and have the glue show through the fabric)

I do about one headliner a week at work... That kind of fabric is great for headliners because it is fairly lightweight.. but it's a pain in the ass to work with

IMO the flames on the door may be too much... I did a set of fiero door for a local guy and just did a raised FIERO where your embroidered logo is and left the map pocket smooth... Looked pretty good

The fabric is not that bad to work with but not super easy too. Here is a template I did for the flame. Because it will be the same color I don't think it will be too much. Will see. If I don't like it I'll do a different one

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Looks great! Now all you need is one of these things for your keychain....

What is that?
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
Suede brush
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieDirect Link to This Post
Looks great I really like the work you have done.

May some speakers in the blank area or even a cup holder wow wuoldant that be cool hehe

------------------
Happiness is a choice

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mr.PBody:

Suede brush

Thankies.

Those are soft bristles, right?
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Has been waiting to get help to do this (wife) but finally decided to go ahead alone. Below I aligned and aligned the patter many times and then marked its position and put it in place (has sticky back). Then the most difficult part which is gluing it together. The 3M fabric glue is very unforgiving and you have to move fast or it will stick very quickly. Any mistake and you won't be able to fix it. Well. It happened to me. After doing the first one perfect, I was not paying too much attention and screwed the second one with the Fiero logo not well aligned. Tried to pull it but then the whole thing started top come apart Well, at least I was able to pull everything and save the fabric with the logo. Now back again to put some backing and cut the design...

Final product of the good one

[This message has been edited by Alex4mula (edited 11-16-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2007 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Not my style, but nice work... I suspect the only one to really enjoy your headliner design would be someone lying on her back in the Fiero ...

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock