Started on: 10-07-2007 12:27 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 10-08-2007 01:40 PM
GT Quick

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Guess my other thread got off to a bad start so I'll go directly to the source. Archie, I addressed many issues in the other thread and at that time did not want your input but the input from others. I guess I would have to say that thread was informative despite some bickering and off topic insults towards me, and from me I suppose. I want to start over but especially I want to hear some of your development and production ideas you mentioned before. I read a few threads and looked at a alot of pics of your rebody builds but could not find alot on V8 swaps or the evolution of them. Your website does not reflect any changes either. The other thread is way out of hand and off topic.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/086561.html

Since I found you here, I would love to hear from you here again and explain some things if I am to buy a kit from you again:

1) please address the issues I had in the other thread with present solutions
2) recommend a carbed 350 again or one of the newer V8 engines ?

And please lets keep the topic civil this time people. I am not looking for an argument and there will be no bashing. Only informative posts please. Thank you Archie.

EDIT: and please people none of this "troll" name calling business. It's getting really old so don't even start it here.

[This message has been edited by GT Quick (edited 10-07-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The quickest way to contact Archie is his 800 number. That way you two can discuss any issues in real time.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
Good for you. Way to step up and move on. Welcome aboard!!
GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Pleas Archie read this thread (it's a short one) and answer #1 and #2. Thanks.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
V8 Archie: 1-800-891-3608

Is there a reason you refuse to talk to him on the phone?
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
This web site they sell an adaptor to put a V8 in a fiero maybe this will work for you http://www.streetdreamsbyross.com/fiero.php
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by engine man:

This web site they sell an adaptor to put a V8 in a fiero maybe this will work for you http://www.streetdreamsbyross.com/fiero.php

I'm surprised Archie didn't give him that link........
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

I'm surprised Archie didn't give him that link........

LoL, why would he? "Heres my competitor!"

GT- To try and help question 2, personally, LSX all the way, but what V8 you put behind you, is all your choice, just depends on what you want.
DrDave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrDaveSend a Private Message to DrDaveDirect Link to This Post
I have done exactly that! (Given a potential customer a competitors name and number.) If my competitor takes the time to talk to a demanding customer as much as he thinks he needs, to make a purchase, He will probably lose money on the sale. I do some specialty work that my competition sends my way, and I KNOW that the reason is because he doesn't want to explain his motivation on why his product is built/sold the way it is. If the customer is aggressive in his push for information , I'll pass him on to another competitor. It IS my job to inform/help my potential customers, but not to explain my every decision.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Archie answered the questions in your OTHER thread.

BTW, the posting rules are:

Do not start threads about other threads.
So you get in a heated discussion in one of the threads. You get the feeling you are not getting your point across. So you feel the need to start a new thread explaining what you meant in the first thread. Don't. Since there's already a thread on the subject, say it there.

I guess the rules don't apply to you.

John Stricker
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
If you have issues with a long time forum member and member of the Fiero community, why don't you send him a PM, email or call. Making this a public discussion won't serve any purpose. We've already heard your side of the story and all you will get here is questions, ideas and opinions; not very useful for resolving problems! You are certainly free to handle your problems any way that you wish but I just though that I'd make a simple suggestion.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Archie doesn't usually come in Tech. Forum, it would be better to just P.M. him with all of your questions. I am sure he will be glad to answer them.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
If you are going to act like a troll expect to be called one. I thought you told us you were leaving the forum. If you want to get in contact with Archie call him or PM him. Making more threads about him and his product is only going to get you in deeper trouble here.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

If you are going to act like a troll expect to be called one. I thought you told us you were leaving the forum. If you want to get in contact with Archie call him or PM him. Making more threads about him and his product is only going to get you in deeper trouble here.

Okay, first of all this gentleman said that he doesn't want anyone calling him a troll in this thread, so basically if you don't have anything good or helpful to say, just don't post in this thread. So if you don't have anything good to say DON'T POST. Look GT Quick, if you want to get a hold of Archie P.M. him or call him, he has told me himself that he doesn't really go in the Tech. section of the Forum, he usually looks around in the General Chat section. But you best bet is to P.M. him, plus if you do P.M. him it will keep people from posting negative comments on want you talk to Archie about.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I call 'em as I see 'em. If this guy has not read the forum rules he should. He is breaking one by starting this thread and is acting like a troll by doing so. That is my contribution to this thread.
Give me a negative rating if it makes you feel better, as it will have no effect on my overall ratings. Don't worry about getting one from me neither.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-07-2007).]

GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
I started another thread to resolve the foul taste of the first one and to simplify the topic. I didn't know you people would pull policy and procedure paperwork on me my 2nd day here. I felt the first thread went to the crapper so I started this one, for Archie. I'M SORRY but I guess give me some time to see how you people think in here. And for the people giving me the phone number thanks but to be honest after his response to me earlier today I really don't feel lke talking to the guy right now.

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
To those of you asking him to call or PM him.... why?

He just publicly b17c# slapped him. If I were on the other end, anything he had to say would get about 3 seconds before the dial tone or delete button.
aaronrus

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronrusSend a Private Message to aaronrusDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

V8 Archie: 1-800-891-3608

Is there a reason you refuse to talk to him on the phone?

dude, he has no time for people on the phone, i think that was one of his main points in the other thread.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i have done my part in making this all go away.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13602 posts
Member since Jul 2002
my only regret is that i didn't go with my gut feeling and do it yesterday
GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
Do what ?
PFF
System Bot
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by aaronrus:

dude, he has no time for people on the phone, i think that was one of his main points in the other thread.

Is this your first hand experience when you called to talk to Archie? Or are you just spreading second hand accusations. I have never had a problem getting through. Archie will take all the time you need to help you fix any real problems you have. If you don’t want his advice and you make changes to 90 % of his kit I think most people would say …….OK you're on your own.

I think most of us feel he won't call because then he would have to prove he really bought a kit and built a V-8 Fiero.
If a new guys signs up and his first post is I got ^00 hp V-8 that does 10 sec 1/4 miles the first thing you want is proof……Dyno Slip……1/4 mile slip. I feel if a new member signs up and his first post Bla, Bla , Bla V-8 Archie I need to see some proof that he bought a kit. Show us a bill of sale or a canceled check or cc slip.

He comes here for us the forum to act as the Judge and jury for him in his bad experience with Archie, yet he won't or can’t prove he even had a kit or built a car.

[This message has been edited by DL10 (edited 10-07-2007).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000
sorry DP

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Forum policies count from the moment you join and first post. If you are unwilling to read the rules and follow them be ready for the repercussions.
People were trying to give you advice on how to behave on this forum. If you piss off enough of them you will be banned from here rather quickly. We have had others bash Archie and other vendors on here. They too didn't last a day before they got banned. You still haven't been banned, so consider yourself lucky for now.
On this forum the members ban you by rating you negatively, that is why I am telling you how pissing enough of them off will get you banned. You are a new member here and already you have stepped on people's toes with your comments. This is not normally tolerated and will result in negative ratings. Get enough of them and you will be banned. Your ratings bar will not appear until you receive 50 ratings and by then it could be too late to see where you stand. You happened to have picked the wrong subject to discuss without caution in this forum. Until people figure out what your real intentions are here you should thread carefully. This advice goes for whatever forum you decide to join, unless you like getting banned.
GT Quick

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2007 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT QuickSend a Private Message to GT QuickDirect Link to This Post
What's with everyone's obsession with proving identities and projects ? Maybe if it said "PFF we'll be glad to help if you can prove who you are, if you have a car, if you know what you are talking about...if....if....if "

Yes it should really say that upon registration. I have never seen adults act like such kids.

Oha dn the topic of this thread...Archie ?? Hello Archie ?? Really he should be the only person responding.
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by GT Quick:

What's with everyone's obsession with proving identities and projects ? Maybe if it said "PFF we'll be glad to help if you can prove who you are, if you have a car, if you know what you are talking about...if....if....if "

Yes it should really say that upon registration. I have never seen adults act like such kids.

Oha dn the topic of this thread...Archie ?? Hello Archie ?? Really he should be the only person responding.

Archie has responded. A couple of times in your "other" thread. That's more than I would have done for you.
Buddycraigg, I'm trying to help, too

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1966 Porsche 911
Van's RV-6 airplane-under construction

[This message has been edited by Rodrv6 (edited 10-07-2007).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Ha ha good luck working with that dude. Let me know how it goes.

This is the type of behavior that can get you into trouble. Going into other peoples threads to bash Archie or anyone else is a no-no. At this point I don't think Archie would piss on you if you were on fire after comments like the one above. The one about the membership acting like kids won't gain you any brownie point either. I guess you are just not willing to behave here. I bet you get banned within the next couple of days (if not sooner) if you don't change your tune.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 10-07-2007).]

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post

Ok I'll try

Lets just say that I start a thread GT Quick is a hack and a RIP OFF. I bought this 86 Fiero V-8 from him and it turns out to be the biggest hack job I have ever seen. I bought it sight unseen because he said it was done with a V-8 Archie master build kit. When I get the car it turned out to be 90% hacked up any pretty much useless to me.

Now do you feel it’s all right for me to post that without having any proof to back it up.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Really he should be the only person responding.

In the 1st thread you said you didn't want to hear from me, so I let you go on & on. Others here could see that all you wanted to do was to talk about your agenda & not to hear views that didn't agree with you. Then you started insulting them & others.

It could have been a lot different, you could have responded positively to my initial post & it could have been discussed politely.

But that isn't what you really wanted.

You don't want to identifty yourself because then I could look up facts about your case & read my notes from phone conversations we might have had. You also don't want to identifty yourself because you've been on this forum before under another name & people would know that you weren't truthful in your 1st post.

Now to answer your 2 questions.......

BTW, this will be my last response to your threads until you Man-Up.

1) please address the issues I had in the other thread with present solutions

Sir, your "issues" are spread out over 3 or 4 posts. Those posts are kinda rambling & not easy to figure out what issues you are trying to identify. I tried to address a few of them but you ignored that post except to accuse a couple respected members of being on my payroll.

2) recommend a carbed 350 again or one of the newer V8 engines ?

I don't recommend engines until I hear what the customer has planned for the car. We can & have supplied kits for anything & everything from a 283 from the '60'e to the new LS2 engines. My recommendation for you? Put in anything EXCEPT a SBC. The one thing that's great about what I do is that I don't have to deal with people like you. You're not enough of a man to stand up & be identified with what you've said. I'm not interested in having to do business with you & that's my right.

Archie
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

. My recommendation for you? Put in anything EXCEPT a SBC. The one thing that's great about what I do is that I don't have to deal with people like you. You're not enough of a man to stand up & be identified with what you've said. I'm not interested in having to do business with you & that's my right.

Archie

thats worth a quote right there,
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyDirect Link to This Post
BUUUUUUUURRRRN
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Hey GT Quick, here's a forum that would be interested in you joining www.realfierotech.com
I'm a member over there too (Dirty Sanchez) they might fit your forum style a bit better than here as they don't like Archie. If you think you are being insulted and harrassed here wait till you get there.
fieroluv

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2007 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroluvSend a Private Message to fieroluvDirect Link to This Post

Hey GT Quick, here's a forum that would be interested in you joining www.realfierotech.com
I'm a member over there too (Dirty Sanchez) they might fit your forum style a bit better than here as they don't like Archie. If you think you are being insulted and harrassed here wait till you get there.

Are they accepting new members there? I've tried joining on three separate occasions and never received a verification email from them. After seeing all the bad things coming from them over the past few months. I really don't care anymore. I haven't even looked at that forum for probably six months now.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodrv6:
Buddycraigg, I'm trying to help, too

thanks.
that's 2 of us
Zimmer

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-08-2007 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZimmerSend a Private Message to ZimmerDirect Link to This Post
Its amazing archie is able to get any work done with the amount of members that are swinging from his sack, how is there so much room? How can all of you guys swing at once? Maybe he should sell a "nut swinger" modified set up, so other messageboards can adapt.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Moving to GFC.

GT Quick, please read the "Posting Rules".
Chris Hodson

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zimmer:

Its amazing archie is able to get any work done with the amount of members that are swinging from his sack, how is there so much room? How can all of you guys swing at once?

The more fieros you work on, the more sack you get Ive worked on 3, and my sack room has improved greatly lol.

[This message has been edited by Chris Hodson (edited 10-08-2007).]

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
I tried to reply to DYI-stu in the other thread but it seems Cliff closed it while I was editting the post.

Anyhow, I was letting him know that "Fly-cutting" is the process of milling a flat surface with a single bit.
Stock engines use the same casting and cutting for the same heads and the differences from engine to engine (like 350 to 350) are minimal. But you can't swap brackets from say a 327 to a LT 350 without checking pulley alignment. And if you buy heads from GM Performance Parts or Edelbrock the tolerence's can be greater. Also if you go to GMPP's website and look up their Proform Alternator bracket, it specifies to use a straight edge to verify pulley alignment as modifications or shimming may be required.
So Archie tells you to do the same thing as GMPP does.

My name ? Why is that such a thing with you. I'm a private guy. Don't worry about it.

What I bought ? Master Build kit. Maybe I bought it from you, maybe I bought it from EBAY, maybe I bought it at a church garage sale. It doesn't matter, but for the record I did buy it from you directly.

When I bought it ? Why does that matter since nothing has changed with the kit so again stop trying to find my name. I bought the kit from you within the last 20 years so it's the same kit right ?

I think you missed this statement:

Originally posted by Archie:
So yeah there’s been a few tweeks thru the years to the kits

So maybe if you gave Archie your name and when you purchased the Master kit, (PM or Email him if you want privacy)
He can look up what, if any of the parts he originally sent you has been "tweeked" over the years.
It might be some of your "mods" may have been already addressed.
crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post

Why would he be insulted and hsarrassed over there?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zimmer:

Its amazing archie is able to get any work done with the amount of members that are swinging from his sack, how is there so much room? How can all of you guys swing at once? Maybe he should sell a "nut swinger" modified set up, so other messageboards can adapt.

I know I said I was done with this thread, but I gotta ask......

What the h3ll kind of moron do you have to be to come into this thread (where you don't have a horse in the running) & say something that stupid insulting a dozen or so respected PFF members?

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

The more fieros you work on, the more sack you get Ive worked on 3, and my sack room has improved greatly lol.

Another dumb butt, who turns on his mouth before his brain is in gear. I had you as a (+) because you've had some intelligent posts. I was wrong & now I've corrected that error.

Thanks for helping me identify my error.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock