Fiero addiction brake kit by advancedwiringsystem
Started on: 10-03-2007 02:08 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 10-04-2007 05:42 PM
advancedwiringsystem

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for advancedwiringsystemSend a Private Message to advancedwiringsystemDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone bought thiskit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am interested in doing a brake upgrade but is the 88 calipers the only ones i can use with this kit? or can i use corvette calipers?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
They even have the 88s too: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...icX&refwidgettype=cr oss_promot_widget
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
I have a similar set from him. Mine is made for an 85GT with 88 cradle swap though so the rear brackets are different. They are top quality and I would recommend them to anyone. The set you posted is for the 84-87 using 88 fiero calipers and if you want to use different calipers you will probably need different brackets to go with them unless you can find a direct replacement for the 88 fiero calipers (willwood?). Cant beat the price for what you get but there are better kits out there if are willing to spend the money for them and do the extra work to install them. The only real concern is pedal pressure may be increased slightly because you are not increasing the piston size in relation to the rotor size. IMO this is not a problem since you don't want them to lockup as easy anyway. You wont find a better kit for the 600 price (including good used calipers). The rest of the info is listed in the ebay ad.

EDIT: Jon (AKA Rockcrawl) is a great person to work with and you will not be disapointed in the quality of the product. 88 fiero calipers can be spendy unless you are a member of this forum and look in the mall. Rebuild kits can be bought from Rockauto.com or maybe your local auto parts store.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 10-03-2007).]

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Fieroseverywhere

4242 posts
Member since Mar 2006
oops.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 10-03-2007).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

They even have the 88s too: [URL=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160164527804&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcN_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=160164527897&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgetty pe=cr]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...icX&refwidgettype=cr[/URL] oss_promot_widget

Okay, now we're talking. A simple rotor upgrade without changing calipers or master. But, got to get bigger wheels.
Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Okay, now we're talking. A simple rotor upgrade without changing calipers or master. But, got to get bigger wheels.

Well you do have to change calipers if you have an 84-87. But thats OK, the 88's are better anyway.
brandon87gt

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for brandon87gtSend a Private Message to brandon87gtDirect Link to This Post
I've already collected some of the parts for the lebaron 11.25 brake upgrade but how does this compare to the lebarons? Anyone have any experience with that? Are the calipers in the lebaron upgrade quite a bit bigger than the 88 calipers? That looks like a great price and a good simple upgrade so I'm just wondering.

Also do you only need 2 hubs for the corvette conversion? Looks like only 2 are included. Would I have to supply the other 2?

[This message has been edited by brandon87gt (edited 10-03-2007).]

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:
Also do you only need 2 hubs for the corvette conversion? Looks like only 2 are included. Would I have to supply the other 2?

...you only needs hubs for the front, the redrilled rotors fit on the back without modification (on pre-88 cars, the wheel studs are 'part' of the rotor, hence the need for the hubs).

Fieroseverywhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brandon87gt:

I've already collected some of the parts for the lebaron 11.25 brake upgrade but how does this compare to the lebarons? Anyone have any experience with that? Are the calipers in the lebaron upgrade quite a bit bigger than the 88 calipers? That looks like a great price and a good simple upgrade so I'm just wondering.

You don't actually use lebaron calipers in the lebaron swap. You use 85 seville calipers. Yes they are bigger and heavier. I don't like them because they are still the same type of design as the 84-87 fiero. I think the design of the 88 calipers is a little better. The other problem with the lebaron upgrade is you have to replace the master cylinder and get a brake balance adjuster (not necissary but recommended). More work, more money. Very little difference in performance.
grsychckn

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grsychcknSend a Private Message to grsychcknDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by advancedwiringsystem:

Has anyone bought thiskit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am interested in doing a brake upgrade but is the 88 calipers the only ones i can use with this kit? or can i use corvette calipers?

I bought this kit from him and he is very good to do business with. You might want to let him know what front suspension modifications you've done as there are some problems that exist (1" lowering ball joint clearance issues between the rotor and the lower control arm - my current issue). He worked with me to resolve the issue and this weekend I should have it fixed. They use the '88 calipers and front rotors from earlier corvettes.

Edit: Sorry, didn't click the link until now - I bought his 88 kit...don't know about the 84-87.

[This message has been edited by grsychckn (edited 10-04-2007).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2007 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
It looks like John is on his way to providing a wide range of 3800SC swap parts. Right now there is only one full source vendor in WCF but it appears that an East Coast suppller is coming on strong. The hobby can use another source as WCF often gets backlogged with orders and can sometimes be slow to ship.
If you are reading this Joh here are some ideals for my 3800SC swap parts:
Throttle bracket
A shifter bellcarank mechanism that reverses the shifter action for the 4T65eHD
A coil pack rerlocation bracket that moves the coil pacl 1"back and 1" to the left.
An easy bolt in 3 1/2" CAI system
3800 Fuze box mounting bracket
A TAP Shift panel

Good luck expanding the new business.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

PFF