Started on: 08-11-2007 07:31 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: ohio86se on 08-13-2007 05:32 AM
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Well it started more than a year ago with the cutting out of the slot, putting the hood in with 3M's 8115 and sending it for final prep and paint. It sat for awhile until the painter could get to it. Shes on and only some slight adjusting needed. It does function incase anyone wonders. What do you think?? I have extra 3800 HO stickers left in Gold Metallic I may sell for $10.00 a pair plus shipping.

I will post a few of the hood when I was building it shortly. Rick

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 08-11-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Ok here is how it started out. Notice the rear was shaped and filled in to fit the curve of the hood. It also had a dip in the rear center he had to fill. Rick

Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Looks good

Did you do all the finish work yourself? You molded it in very nicely, looks like the hood came that way.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

WAWUZAT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAWUZATSend a Private Message to WAWUZATDirect Link to This Post
When I first opened this thread, I was wondering why anyone would do such a thing with a mid-engined car. Then I see in subsequent photos (the one with the cut-up hood) that it appears you're trying to gain some ventilation for the radiator. I'm guessing that instead of a hood-vent like others install to expell radiator heat, you're attempting to get more air to the front side of the radiator. Am I correct? If so, nice idea.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys,,,I did the base mount and flush mount so the painter could finish it as he felt fit for his paint. It was close to smooth and I was going to do it myself but he wanted to . That 3M's 8115 is the strongest thing you will find for this type of work. The hood will rip apart before the glueing I did comes apart. I bought the hood on EBay by the way.

Yes the purpose was to get more air to the radiator during parade modes. The car does not even come close to overheating but I figured a little more air wouldn't hurt. At high speeds it will lock on the window and move no air out. I thought about side fins or a top scoop/fins opening to allow air to flow for high speed. . Rick
drumwzrd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-11-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
For those of you wondering.....3M 8115 is the BEST for bonding metal or fiberglass to any surface. It is a little pricey but worth every penny. Nice work !!!
AJ7

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

For those of you wondering.....3M 8115 is the BEST for bonding metal or fiberglass to any surface. It is a little pricey but worth every penny. Nice work !!!

thanks I have to build a cowl or something for my camaro that I just got back to cover a hole in the hood, and I wasnt sure how I was going to get it to stay...
cwatson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cwatsonSend a Private Message to cwatsonDirect Link to This Post
why not just open up the mouth and have louvers or a fordgt type large vent per most mid engined cars?

[This message has been edited by cwatson (edited 08-11-2007).]

3.8 SC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8 SCSend a Private Message to 3.8 SCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

I sure hope that 8115 is good! I have about six tubes of that stuff all over my car. A lot of custom parts are made.

That hood looks great! Gee!, I wonder who that is, holding the scoop?

[This message has been edited by 3.8 SC (edited 08-11-2007).]

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
Hey, what scoop is that and where'd you get it? Looks grrrreat
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2007 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
I picked it up on EBay two years ago. If you do a search for "Hood Scoop" you will see allot of scoops like this but I cant find one for the titled for the Fiero on there now.. The ones that are black are probably the same company and email to see if they make this as they say they make many more. It curves to the Fiero hood which is key on a large scoop. Rick
PFF
System Bot
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2007 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!!

Sorry I missed you at Summit Motorsports Park this weekend.

Rick L.

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock