Started on: 07-09-2007 01:22 PM
Replies: 34
Last post by: Austrian Import on 12-19-2007 04:22 PM
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
I just installed a Cup holder from a mid 90s toyota corolla it involved timing the radios filler plate and mounting the cup holder and radio together

I cant take all the Credit i got the idea from "mize"
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AJ7

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AJ7Send a Private Message to AJ7Direct Link to This Post
pretty cool, but not where I'd want my drinks.. lol
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Color is a pretty good match too.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Meanies... nothing that a little spray paint can't fix!

Thanks for sharing! Too bad I have a Monsoon or I'd... Hmmm, maybe I should upgrade and sell the Monsoon...

RideZiLightning

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2007 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RideZiLightningSend a Private Message to RideZiLightningDirect Link to This Post
I actually like that alot.
Plastic Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Plastic ManSend a Private Message to Plastic ManDirect Link to This Post
I like it. It's great the way it folds into the dash.
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
i love it, but not there..
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I would have been tempted to put the radio OVER the cup holder but that's just me .... Nice job, just the same ...

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-10-2007).]

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Very nice does all the mounting hardware come from the Corolla ?

------------------

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
I am going to do something like that but in another place. Will get back with some pics of what I am planing.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Very nice does all the mounting hardware come from the Corolla ?

Yes the Toyota has a little glove box looking thing mounted right above the cup holder with metal brackets (I cut the bracket down to make it fit

PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
you must not have a stick.
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Here's info on a billet foldout cupholder assembly that is similar ....

http://www.extremeproducts.biz/cup-cupholder.html

Instructions

http://www.extremeproducts....b320dfa9f3fd4f84aea7

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-10-2007).]

Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Meanies... nothing that a little spray paint can't fix!

HA HA, actually I was being sincere but black looks good too.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2007 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
HA HA, actually I was being sincere but black looks good too.

Your HA's and aren't gonna get you off the hook mister...

How about hitting it with this from Alsa?

Ghost Chrome® Metallic Paint produces the most realistic Metallic Paint finishes available anywhere. Now available in an easy to use aerosol spray, anyone can reproduce the authentic look of real metal in minutes.

Ghost Chrome® contains the smallest particle makeup of any metallic coating available. These extra small particles allow for a perfect orientation on the surface giving you the truest metal looks of any metallic paint available today.

Ghost Chrome® can be found on a variety of OEM applications ranging from BMW wheels to Mercedes as well as Ford parts.

Ghost Chrome® can be applied with any standard spray gun, no special equipment needed. It is a ready to spray mid-coat that should be applied over shades of gray ranging from light gray to black. However, it may be applied over any color basecoat to achieve metal type reflections and will remain transparent enough to show the underlying base color.

http://www.alsacorp.com/pro...rome/ghost_price.htm

A little pricey, probably could find something at Auto Parts something or other for about $6 that would match the stereo...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 07-10-2007).]

tcyellow86coupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tcyellow86coupeSend a Private Message to tcyellow86coupeDirect Link to This Post
i usually put my med to large drinks between the inst pod and the dash, but the condensation usually drips on my leg, lol.
gaas88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gaas88Click Here to visit gaas88's HomePageSend a Private Message to gaas88Direct Link to This Post
I picked up one of those a couple of years ago out of Dodge Daytonna but haven't installed it. I like the idea but not the location either because my daily driver is a Volvo V40 with the same pull out tray idea over the radio and when I have cup it the tray, it blocks the operation of the radio. I'm still looking for another place to mount it.

If you don't mind the inconvenience - it's a great idea because it remains hidden when not in use.
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul, you are very resourceful Very cool, but $139 + S&H....OUCHHHH

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 07-12-2007).]

Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post
thats is an awsome looking cup holder... if i had a good place to put it i might consider it... but 140 bucks for a cup holder lol... thats a strech even if it is billet... its nice to know there around though if anyone did want them.

------------------

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Working on this.

The cup holders are from the midle backseat of a Saab 9-5 and it also hide a table in the armrest.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 07-12-2007).]

D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2007 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Color is a pretty good match too.

You bastard ! You made me squirt pop out my nose ! AAAARGH it burns

I actually like the location. Personally, I reach for my coffee cup a lot more than the radio anyway; and that's a pretty convenient spot to reach for. And it's gotta be more stable than the Fierostore mug full of hot java sitting on the pwr mirror switchplate. I use the nook in the dash occasionally, but it pulls on the power line for the radar detector so I try to avoid it. And it's a kind of tight spot to get the mug into and out of too. Your solution is about the best I've seen yet.

Nice work.
PFF
System Bot
Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:
I actually like the location. Personally, I reach for my coffee cup a lot more than the radio anyway; and that's a pretty convenient spot to reach for. And it's gotta be more stable than the Fierostore mug full of hot java sitting on the pwr mirror switchplate. I use the nook in the dash occasionally, but it pulls on the power line for the radar detector so I try to avoid it. And it's a kind of tight spot to get the mug into and out of too. Your solution is about the best I've seen yet.
Nice work.

I have moved the power window switch to the door so the location in the midle armrest is perfect in my car. There is no interference when changing gears and so on. (Firebird -96 dash)

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
Europe # 1 choptop

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2007 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
How difficult would it be to move the temp controls to the bottom? (It's been a while sense I've seen the inside of a Fiero. )
jweisman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jweismanSend a Private Message to jweismanDirect Link to This Post
I like this cup holder, it's from a 90 Geo prizm

PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
how about somebody try one of these and tell us how it works out:

1995-98 Ford Contour Mystique console double cup holder http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...get#ebayphotohosting

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 07-27-2007).]

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
This my pick when I get to it. I rode in a Golf once and pushed the little bar with the "Cup" logo. Out slid the holder as if it were powered by a pillow, and then lowered the bottom shelf straight down. I think I put a years wear on it over the next 10 minutes. I was mesmerized.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
PaulJK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
That Golf one is REALLY nice - current bid $74.90 + $14.90 shipping - and even cheaper than billet
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
I like the idea of the slide but it would have to be in a different place. I'm leaning towards something like this now.
http://www.ultimatecupholders.com/

You could also go with something like this that clips onto the air vents. Plus this one says Type-S. That should be good for at least 25HP alone.
http://www.autobarn.net/airvedrho.html

Or you could go with the more common ones. hehe
http://www.halfbakery.com/c...ar_3a_20Cup_20Holder

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 07-27-2007).]

darkknight0667

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkknight0667Send a Private Message to darkknight0667Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:

I have moved the power window switch to the door so the location in the midle armrest is perfect in my car. There is no interference when changing gears and so on. (Firebird -96 dash)

I was just talking with my wife about doing something similar, only I was figuring on putting the window switches where the ashtrays are (we're both non-smokers, so they aren't necessary), instead of on the doors.

Do you have any pictures of how yours came out?
kawana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kawanaClick Here to visit kawana's HomePageSend a Private Message to kawanaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkknight0667:

I was just talking with my wife about doing something similar, only I was figuring on putting the window switches where the ashtrays are (we're both non-smokers, so they aren't necessary), instead of on the doors.

Do you have any pictures of how yours came out?

Id actually be interested in this too. What do you use to make the actual cup holders? Is it a holder you removed from another car and installed or are you remaking your dash and just formed one in?
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Cool, this in-dash version (VW Passat 98-01) comes out to the right, so it would be away from the gear leaver
Which means the liquid will spill over your wifes legs and not into your radio...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...618#ebayphotohosting

------------------

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 10-20-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Amethyst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmethystClick Here to visit Amethyst's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmethystDirect Link to This Post
I have the Type S cup holders on top of my dash over the vents, here's a couple pics of it...

//images.fiero.nl/p...100_1091_(Small).JPG

//images.fiero.nl/p...100_1087_(Small).JPG

It seems to be pretty stable, not too sure about the over large drinks though, try to keep a hold of them on turns and such cause the base just doesn't look to be high enough to keep it from spilling, but it works fine with pop cans and such...

Love the push button ones that come out of the slots... may have to have Max look for some of those next time he goes to the junkyard... laugh...

------------------

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
I just hang a common cup holder on the door pocket. I use the one with the insert that usually fits between the window glass and the door. I staple the holding tab to a small 3' x 4" piece of scrap 1/4" plywood and place it in the door pocket. Have not lost a drink since and the cup holder is removable anytime. Your drink will probably be lidded but just don't open the door too quickly with the drink on it.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds
2006 3800SC Series III swap in progress
Engine Controls, PCM goodies,
re-programming & odd electronics stuff
" I'M ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2007 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

How difficult would it be to move the temp controls to the bottom? (It's been a while sense I've seen the inside of a Fiero. )

I was thinking about this for months.. The Stereo could be higher up and easier to see while driving. Both flip up screens, and Double DIN mods would put the screen in a really good position for the driver to see. (thinking navis, etc..)

Anybody ever done that before?

-M
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2007 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
*bump*

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock