Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  3.4 DOHC Wiring Schematics (not 56k Friendly)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

3.4 DOHC Wiring Schematics (not 56k Friendly) by Emc209i
Started on: 06-19-2007 10:38 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: Emc209i on 08-17-2007 01:44 AM
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post06-19-2007 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Corrections HAPPILY accepted! In fact I would be disappointed if you guys didn't catch something. Look over these if you've had experience with wiring the engine and double check guys.Thanks!

1991-1993 PCM (Manual trans. No A/C)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Much more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------
1994-1995 PCM
1996-1997 PCM
Automatic Trans. adapt.
A/C Hookup

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 07-13-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2007 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
For TBI Injector 1 and 2 on the C203, can you tell me where they go?

I see you pointed out the pins on the C203 but I want to make sure I'm connecting them correctly to the harness.
When I cut the RS center off I marked all the connections but I'm questioning my lables now.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 06-20-2007).]

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Spent all day yesterday with the drawings you provided above.
Went thru each page line by line. This was a big help for a beginner like me and much appreciated. Below are the issues I have up to this point. Any help you can give me would be great.

This is a 94 motor that I’m wiring as a 92 manual to go into my 88.

This is what I have not connected or have questions about.

From the RS center:
•Brown wire labeled Ignition Fuse
•Red wire labeled Fuel ECM Fuse – this red wire has a big circular ring connector that has a grey wire spliced to the end marked as a fusible link. This red wire was loomed with another red wire that has a grey plastic connecter at the end that is connected to the fuel pump relay.

C203 wires not connected:
•Brown (H) ECM – when a magnetic VSS is connected to Speedo
•Purple (P) TCC Brake Switch
•Pink (J) TBI Injector 1 ( I would like a clear pointer on #2 as well)
•Blk/Wht (N) AC Power

C500 wires not connected:
•Yellow (E2) Starter Solenoid ( mine is yellow because the C500 came off an auto fiero harness but I think it should be purple – I moved it to E2)
•Drk Blue(C1) Backup Lamp
•Drk Green (D3) Hot Temp warning indicator lamp feed
•Lt Green (E1) Backup Lamp feed from tranny

DIS Question:
•C1 connection – I see no connector in the harness to connect to this?

Other items to deal with:
•On the motor below the harmonic balancer is a 3 wire connector hanging lose.
•I need to wire up the Air pump system ( to include the relay to drive it)

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 06-24-2007).]

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2007 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Went thru each page line by line. This was a big help for a beginner like me and much appreciated. Below are the issues I have up to this point. Any help you can give me would be great.

This is what I have not connected or questions about.

From the RS center:
•Red wire labeled Fuel ECM Fuse – this red wire has a big circular ring connector that has a grey wire spliced to the end marked as a fusible link. This red wire was loomed with another red wire that has a grey plastic connecter at the end that is connected to the fuel pump relay.

•Blk/Wht (N) AC Power

•Yellow (E2) Starter Solenoid ( mine is yellow because the C500 came off an auto fiero harness but I think it should be purple – I moved it to E2)

DIS Question:

Other item to deal with:

Hey! Firstly I would like to appologize for not following up on your last question. I have been very busy with summer school. Secondly I do not have access to photoshop this afternoon and I need it to illustrate and point several things out to you. I have had several people mention errors in the above pages that need correction also. Let me help what little I can though.

The three wire connector hanging loose is the crank sensor. The 94 motor will have two crank sensors, one high definition and the other low. I will need to go over some diagrams later to tell you which one to hook up. The 92 motor will only utilize the one. It also does not use the cam sensor.

Now that I'm looking at a few harnesses... let me do some research and get back you on this. I don't want to confuse you or anyone else. I trust you aren't in a hurry to have it on the road tonight So hang tight and I will have many more educated answers shortly.

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
No rush - I want to do this right.

Many thanks for your time on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
86GT3.4DOHC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Search my 3.4DOHC build thread, I have a complete wire by wire excel sheet posted (as a pic) detailing where what needs to go. Might be good for refrence if nothing else. It'll be in archive TD&Q
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2007 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
I look for the spreadsheet and could not find it.
Can you repost?
Nice to compair notes.

This post will not only help me but all that come afterwards looking for the info.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2007 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
I have a 91 ECM with a manual harness removed from a 91 motor/5 speed trans myself. I know the wires were uncut, because I did it myself. (also I took the Getrag 284 trans for a future project). I am using a 96 motor. I have the 91 service manual and there is no/no D22 wire shown in the diagram. I also have no/no wire coming out of the D22 spot on the harness. Is that good news or not? What should I do? I am thinking that it is no big deal, because I am using the ECM from the 91 so the manual trans/ECM will not be looking for any signal.... Ideas.

RJ

------------------

88 TTop coupe (96 3.4DOHC/5 speed in progress)
03 Vibe GT. 6spd
05 GTO, LS2, 6spd
01 Sonoma SLS, 5spd, ZQ8 sport suspension

[This message has been edited by qwikgta (edited 06-26-2007).]

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Have time today to work on the harness but need guidance on my post above please

Thanks
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Help !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

From the RS center:

•Blk/Wht (N) AC Power

DIS Question:

From the RS center:

Goes to E3 ignition switched pink wire on C500. Runs EGR, alternator exciter wire ( F pin) and cansiter purge solenoid.You can also run your airpump relay from that circuit.Change Fiero IGN fuse from 20 to a 25 amp to run this circuit

The fuel/ecm fuse will run to the B pin on the C203. Change the Fiero F Pump fuse from a 10 amp to a 20 amp

not used

not used

Run that to your DIS pink/black wire but be sure to change the fuse to a 10amp in the Fiero fuse box.TBI 2 is pin K on the C203. Run your injector hotwire ( pink/black) to that and change to 10 amp as well

•Blk/Wht (N) AC Power.

not used for the DOHC but you could use it for an amp or other accesory

That is correct ..even though its yellow it will go to starter solenoid from the E2 pin

Hot feed used for back up switch on Getrag and isuzu trans ..if using a muncie 4 speed it will be used on the shifter mounted switch

not used

used for back up switch on Getrag and isuzu trans ..if using a muncie 4 speed it will be used on the shifter mounted switch

DIS Question:

Can you be more specific? C1 ????

second crank sensor used on the 94- 97 DOHC.If using 91 -93 9396 ECM, it is not used

I will get back to you when I get a chance to write up a diagram of the circuit

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 07-13-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2007 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Way cool and many thanks for the assist Eric.
I got stuff to do this weekend !!!!
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Emc209i -
You noted above:
"I have had several people mentioning errors in the above pages that need correction also. Let me help what little I can though"
Because my harness is based on the above layout I was wondering if you could post the corrections?

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric :
I wrote > •Red wire labeled Fuel ECM Fuse – this red wire has a big circular ring connector that has a grey wire spliced to the end marked as a fusible link. This red wire was loomed with another red wire that has a grey plastic connecter at the end that is connected to the fuel pump relay.
Your responce > The fuel/ecm fuse will run to the B pin on the C203. Change the Fiero F Pump fuse from a 10 amp to a 20 amp

So I don't need this wire and I need to change the fuse is all - right?

I have more questions but I feel I should wait until ECM209i posts corrections with the above issue.

Please don't let this post die !!!!
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2007 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Eric :
I wrote > •Red wire labeled Fuel ECM Fuse – this red wire has a big circular ring connector that has a grey wire spliced to the end marked as a fusible link. This red wire was loomed with another red wire that has a grey plastic connecter at the end that is connected to the fuel pump relay.
Your responce > The fuel/ecm fuse will run to the B pin on the C203. Change the Fiero F Pump fuse from a 10 amp to a 20 amp

So I don't need this wire and I need to change the fuse is all - right?

Thanks

The Fuel/ECM wire is orange and goes to the oil pressure switch via a circular 3 pin connector and it also goes to the fuel pump relay, position 5 pin. Not only that, but it also goes to the D17 pin on the ECM to supply the ECM battery power. All 3 wires will splice into one and go to the C203 "B" pin which supplies the voltage. The C203 B pin goes to the "F Pump" fuse on the Fiero fuseblock and should be changed fom a 10 amp to a 20 amp

The only red wire that has anything to do with the fuel pump relay is a single wire that is used for a fuel pump primer for diagnostic purposes on the original W body that the engine came in and not needed on the Fiero unless you want to temporarily supply voltage to it to prime the pump. It connects to the 4 pin on the fuel pump relay

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again Eric!!!
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the correction from ECM209i please

Thanks
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
Dude, give it a rest.. I'm busy right now (I just got back into town). When I find some time I'll open PS and adjust some things. There were no life changing corrections needed any way. Small stuff like variants to wire the fan and Tach. You know who to go to if you have a question(s)..

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062728.html

If no one will help you here head over to RFT and get ahold of Series8217 or Shaun...etc etc etc.

Sorry, but I've got WAY more important things to tend too. I'm sure you understand.
CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
ECM209i > OK – but thanks for your help anyway up to this point.
I know life gets in the way of the best made plans.
Thanks for tell me that the changes were minor. I was afraid I was going to fry something and thats all I wanted to insure I did not do.
Eric has been a great help in your absents and seem to have a vast knowledge on the subject and is willing to help when he can.

Again thanks for the help and the spanking :^)
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-17-2007 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
I figured Erik had you covered. I'm working on double majors and staying in the running for entering the masters program at my University. The time has come and passed to pick my passion- cars or school. Good luck with your swap though. I feel bad bailing, but its what I've chosen to do. I'll tie up the loose ends with the schematics sometime durring the fall holidays.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock