HUD by Firebird71
Started on: 06-13-2007 10:58 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: jscott1 on 06-14-2007 01:37 AM
Firebird71

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2007 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Firebird71Send a Private Message to Firebird71Direct Link to This Post
We've got a 92 grand prix gtp at home with the heads up display and every time i drive it i say how much i wish i had one in my fiero. a couple weeks ago i saw pretty much the same car with the HUD and i'm considering going back there and picking up the unit. as far as my height goes i'd likely remake the speaker grill and mount the HUD on top of the right hand side of it. might also have to do some tinkering on the bottom to make it fit up with the fiero dash and adjust or replace the one mirror inside it to make it work with the windshield too. wiring might be a little interesting too, i've never really done much like this before but i think it might be a fun project. just wondering what you people think. maybe someone else here has already done a HUD in a fiero before and can give some tips.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I just saw a thread where someone put HUDs for speed and tach in his car. He mounted one of them in the speaker grill as you mentioned. Members here have used GM units as well as HUDs from eBay. They are not difficult to do. If you use SEARCH on "HUD" in the Technical section, you'll find a lot of info .

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 06-14-2007).]

FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
I was told by a GM mechanic that cars with factory HUDs have a special coating on the inside of the windshield that makes them work much better. I'm not sure what the coating is or how to replicate it....
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
I researched it a bit, ill be adding one from a Bonneville to my fiero in about a few weeks. Im not sure where ill be putting it but yea, cars that it comes stock in, you will notice a sticker somewhere on the windshield that says, treated for HUD or something. Its just you will see a few reflections instead of one. Not a big deal though lol. I think there is film you can buy too to corect it if you wanted.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2007 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock