Started on: 04-01-2007 10:07 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: civicduty13 on 04-23-2007 03:04 PM
drumwzrd

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drumwzrdSend a Private Message to drumwzrdDirect Link to This Post
Don't know if anyone saw these. They are from the Fiero Store. I thought they were cool and for only $25.00.....can't go wrong.

Check 'em out.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterDirect Link to This Post
I just installed them in my silver '85 with some amber LEDs from superbrightled.com and they look great!
TorqueWench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
i have them too. i like them a lot.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I had heard that they were not as heat resistant and you could melt them if you are not careful.
Emc209i

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2007 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I had heard that they were not as heat resistant and you could melt them if you are not careful.

Hmmm, well then more incentive to go LED. That's a neat fact! thanks for sharing.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by drumwzrd:

Don't know if anyone saw these. They are from the Fiero Store. I thought they were cool and for only $25.00.....can't go wrong.

Check 'em out.

This is how they look like in my Fiero.......just thought I'd share.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Great mod! Heating can be a problem that will cause melting of the housing if DRLs are installed. So, drill cooling holes in the housings, install crumpled foil in housings to dissipate the heat and you will be very happy with the results.

Here is the results with our sponsor Webelectric's DRLs. These have been installed for over a year with no problems.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by kooljess:

That does look good, maybe I'll add this to my wish list next time I order something form the Fiero Store, (which might be today).
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post04-02-2007 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
That does look good, maybe I'll add this to my wish list next time I order something form the Fiero Store, (which might be today).

They do look great. Especially with the Sylvania Silverstar turn signal bulbs. The part # is 2057A-ST.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

They do look great. Especially with the Sylvania Silverstar turn signal bulbs. The part # is 2057A-ST.

Er, if clear lenses are installed, amber bulbs should be installed instead of the clears that are OEM. Are the Silverstars amber? If not, what are the part numbers for the amber bulbs, if any or are colored covers required. If covers are required, the brightness is lost.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

JohnF

2622 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by JohnF:

Er, if clear lenses are installed, amber bulbs should be installed instead of the clears that are OEM. Are the Silverstars amber? If not, what are the part numbers for the amber bulbs, if any or are colored covers required. If covers are required, the brightness is lost.

OK, my bad! 2057 A ST Silverstars are clear! BUT!!!! they illuminate amber! I found them a bit pricey at $12.00/pr but bought them anyway. Now, I'll install them and see if there is a difference to justify a 4X price difference.
PFF
System Bot
thismanyfieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosDirect Link to This Post
i have had to order two sets...the front lenses have a tendency to fall off...so i ran a bit of glue around the outside of the lens of my second set to avoid this from happening again...just a heads up...ps these coupled with kmunsoons marker light covers plus a set of blue ion turn signal bulbs along with the sliverstar headlights and it looks kick ass cool...day or night...tim
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Got one Silverstar installed.

Driver's side is Silverstar...........................................Both sides:
civicduty13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2007 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for civicduty13Click Here to visit civicduty13's HomePageSend a Private Message to civicduty13Direct Link to This Post
thats a good thing to see. I just bought the silverstars to go along with my clear turns when i get the body on. Anyone have pics of the clears on a white car???

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock