Want to merge Fiero with Firebird in my 3rd gen Firebird interior by BH2OFiero
Started on: 03-28-2007 02:36 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: GTFiero1 on 03-29-2007 11:22 AM
BH2OFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroDirect Link to This Post
I know it may be just slightly off topic but it is still Fiero related.

I'm rebuilding my wife's third gen firebird ('86 2.8L) and I want to incorporate some of the fiero styling into the interior as well as the exterior as long as it's not too much work. If you have any suggestions that may haelp please post them. I would be more than pleased to consider each and every one as long as they are not to expensive to pull off and not too labour intensive. That being said I don't mind doing a little tweeking, fiberglassing and such.

I would also like to know if the Fiero 2.8L intake manifold and valve covers would fit on my motor in replace of my stock ones. here's a picture of the engine as it is if it helps.

We have decided to swap out the weak looking firebird spoiler with a Fiero one and here are a few pictures of one that a fellow member of my firebird forum had done. the fiero spoiler is shorter in length but is wider in both width and thickness. But angain I think it flows better with the lines of the car.

Firebird spoiler

Fiero spoiler

Firebird spoiler

Fiero spoiler

Firebird spoiler

Fiero spoiler

-Caleb

------------------

[This message has been edited by BH2OFiero (edited 03-28-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Other than the spoiler, I think the Fiero parts are going to be a downgrade. I like the look of the 3r gen firebird interior Waaay more than the Fiero.

The Fiero intake is fairly restrictive, I don't think it's going to help much if any.

My advice would be to lose the 2.8 in that firebird and drop in a 5.7L TPI motor from a late 80s Trans Am. It should be pretty cheap upgrade.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, what Jonathon said. Other than changing to the 91/92 GFX and the Fiero wing, I'd leave it alone.

But I may be biased:

Bob
BH2OFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BH2OFieroClick Here to visit BH2OFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to BH2OFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

My advice would be to lose the 2.8 in that firebird and drop in a 5.7L TPI motor from a late 80s Trans Am. It should be pretty cheap upgrade.

I would love to swap out the motor...but it's my wife's car and she likes having the V6.

I do intend to buy another trans am for myself with a V8 hopefully later this summer.

GTFiero1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2007 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
valve covers will fit fine, just rememebr to get the gaskets for the fiero ones, the intake will be facing the wrong way however

------------------

Fiero- mild 2.9 160hp
Caprice- wild 383 500hp
--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician
IM AOL: FieroGT5speed

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay