Started on: 02-17-2007 02:44 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Cheever3000 on 02-18-2007 07:30 AM
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
I took these pics last fall when I first came up here to Houghton, MI. Most were taken in Houghton at Michigan Tech, and the others were on my way up to Copper Harbor to see leaves change and to see the beginning of US 41, which goes all the way down to Florida.

Copper Harbor is as far north as you can get in Michigan

The drive was from Houghton to Copper Harbor, about an hour one way

The journey starts out at the dorm at Michigan Tech. Here's the Fiero after a seven hour drive from home in Traverse City, MI. As you can see, it needed a bath BAD. There was construction on the way up with a long dirt road.

This is the Fiero's parking spot. It's a real pain to get up there in the winter when the stairs aren't shoveled

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 02-17-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Great pic ..
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Before going on the trip, I drove around town. Just before downtown, I saw another red 84 SE! I found out later it actually belongs to a forum member, V8IndyProject

Across the bridge in Hancock, I found this VERY nice Fiero Formula!

On the way there, I came upon this snow gauge. Yes, that is a SNOW gauge.

If you can't read that, it shows last year's snowfall at 25 feet.

Here's the Fiero in a little pull-off there beside the gauge:

[This message has been edited by RWDPLZ (edited 02-17-2007).]

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
Finally, we reach the end of US 41. There's a sign to tell you so and a loop around at the end.

You probably aren't supposed to park there, but I thought it would make a good picture:

And more pics of the car in that loop:

This one turned out real nice:

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
Here's the sign at the edge of Copper Harbor, heading back to Houghton: 1990 miles to Miami, Florida

Now on the way back I took pics of the color change.

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
Finally we return to Houghton.

This is the bridge that connects Houghton and Hancock

These pics are from another trip, out to the end of the river towards Lake Superior

You can barely see the lighthouse in the distance here:

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post

RWDPLZ

15013 posts
Member since May 2002
And some (fairly) recent pics of the interior.

I recovered the headliner over the summer. I was in a rush and didn't wear gloves when I was working with the fiberglass backing, and my hands were itching for DAYS! You can also see I cracked the A-pillar on the driver's side, those things were held in TIGHT!

Here's the center console. I added power mirrors from an 85 GT, though the passemger side mirror was from a Camaro

The driver's seat. I installed an aux gauge pod, but I haven't wired it up yet. I'm going to change the needles and gauge faces to match the 84 interior. I'll also replace the steering wheel if I can find another in good condition, I LOVE the feel of those leather 3-spoke wheels.

Another center console area shot. You can see the leather shift knob from a GT, and the Performance Sound enclosure

Performance Sound dome light. I swapped the electronics into an 84 dome light so it would still match the interior. The sunvisors aren't in yet because I haven't finished recovering them.

evelyn dick

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for evelyn dickSend a Private Message to evelyn dickDirect Link to This Post
That's awesome, I love seeing roadtrip pics. Looks like a nice drive. Whats the deal with the formula... didn't see the owner?

------------------

If you can read this... I'm parked.

RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Never did find out who owned the Formula, it was parked across from what looked like rental housing.
The Mad Scientist

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The Mad ScientistSend a Private Message to The Mad ScientistDirect Link to This Post
what a nice town , look BEUTIFUL , driving around there must be fun wish i could ,all you would get to see here is drunk college students partying

[This message has been edited by The Mad Scientist (edited 02-17-2007).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2007 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Really nice pics. Thanks!
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock