90 body kit for older fieros... by Black86gtFastback
Started on: 02-15-2007 05:09 AM
Replies: 14
Last post by: crt454 on 02-16-2007 09:48 PM
Black86gtFastback

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86gtFastbackClick Here to visit Black86gtFastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to Black86gtFastbackDirect Link to This Post
i wish i could find one... if anyone knows wher i could get one it would be a blessing.

Tony
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately it doesn't exist. You could try and customize your own kit to mimic the 90. Or if you had the money could maybe pay too have one made. But the cost would be prohibitive to produce a single kit. Part of the reason there isn't one.

------------------
www.FieroDomain.com
Over 120 Fiero Links, Articles, Images, Diagnostics

"If any car is both the parade and the rain, it is the Fiero"

Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post
MsLoriFiero was working on a kit, but I believe the idea was abandoned due to the whole project being cost prohibitive. By the time the R&D and cost of materials was put into making a kit, the kit's creator would have a hard time recouping their investment.

Although, I'd be VERY interested in a kit if one was ever produced.

[This message has been edited by Deabionni (edited 02-15-2007).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It certainly is not beyond the abilities of folks on this forum to do it... Look at Alex's widebody and the creations of Orville, and the Late Alex's Plazma.

The problem is to do it for profit would be difficult. It would take way too much of a person's time and energy then to have to deal with sales, and service after the sale. And after all that was said and done people would complain that it looks too much like a 17 year old car, or a 4th gen F-body.

People with the skills are going to want to create a unique car that doesn't look like anything else on the road. No one wants to spend that much time making a copy of something that already exists.

Now having said that, If I had the skills I would build a copy for myself, and if someone wanted to buy the molds off me I would sell them. But I am no where near talented enough to build one of those myself.

JumpStart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JumpStartSend a Private Message to JumpStartDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someday doing the tail lights has crossed my mind. I do like them and the way they are tilted, They dont really look like the tails on the 4th gen F-bodies. Customize the lenses differently and it wouldnt look anything like them.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
JumpStart gave me an idea...what if each person did one little part? One person do the taillights, another the side vent, another the rear quarter, and so on. No one piece would be too difficult, and anybody that wanted a 1990 prototype could buy all the peices and assemble?

I could maybe do the dash pod. That is probably within my range of abilities.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post
Anything is possible it only taks money. A lot of it.
BrewCheese

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrewCheeseSend a Private Message to BrewCheeseDirect Link to This Post
How could all different people be able to make all the different body panels and still have then actually have a halfway decent fit?

TorqueWench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
ask NASA,
or GM
or CERN
i'm sure we could do it. especially now, with instantaneous communication, collaborative software, and a network of so many of us evenly distributed across this country and up into canada, that no one would have to drive that far to help relay-deliver a part from one place to another, if shipping proved to be too expensive for multi-stage test fits.
i would love to help, in whatever capacity i can.
i just hope the GTP shape can be made, as it's soooooooo mean and sexy looking.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post02-15-2007 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

JumpStart gave me an idea...what if each person did one little part? One person do the taillights, another the side vent, another the rear quarter, and so on. No one piece would be too difficult, and anybody that wanted a 1990 prototype could buy all the peices and assemble?

I could maybe do the dash pod. That is probably within my range of abilities.

Hmm i vaguely remember suggesting this exact thing last year
Black86gtFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2007 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86gtFastbackClick Here to visit Black86gtFastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to Black86gtFastbackDirect Link to This Post
i am gonna try to find some way to replacate that body... just need some money first. within the next 2 years i will have a kit made i dont kno what it will take to do this yet but i am really looking into it
PFF
System Bot
Deabionni

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeabionniSend a Private Message to DeabionniDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

JumpStart gave me an idea...what if each person did one little part?

That's a great idea, and most likely the only way that a 1990 kit would ever see the light of day. For one person to create the kit himself, is a huge project to tackle; but if the work load is distributed among many members, it just may be possible.

If only I had the skills to help, I'd jump in and help whoever would be willing.
Black86gtFastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black86gtFastbackClick Here to visit Black86gtFastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to Black86gtFastbackDirect Link to This Post
well who wants to help me?
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
The 90 Fiero was hand made so anything is possible Maseratis, Lamborghinnis, Bentleys, Ferraris and Rolls Royce Cars are esssentially hand made. Even the engines are indidually machined . NASCAR car bodies are also hand formed from sheet steel using a forming wheel , hammers, dollys and heat. Sure a custom 90 Fiero could be built but why would you want to devote all that work to a car that has 17 years old styling.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo- 0-60 5.2 seconds -Best
Engine Controls, ECM goodies, Chip
re-programming & odd electronics stuff

crt454

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2007 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Direct Link to This Post
That is a great idea. I would definatly want the dash pod though.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock