Matt got hit in the 84 today by FieroAngel
Started on: 01-14-2007 12:57 PM
Replies: 35
Last post by: m0sh_man on 01-23-2007 10:27 AM
FieroAngel

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
First off he's fine. He was at a stop light in Nirto WV heading to where we are painting my 88coupe when the guy in front of him put his truck in reverse and backed into Matt. He didnt see Matt there. He told the cops it was his fault and he called his ins. co. I told Matt not to let them total a car with 40,000 original miles on it and an IRM body kit thats not cheep and a 3800 engine swap. Edit to add it busted the radiator too. We shall see. Here's pics click to make bigger

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroAngel (edited 01-14-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
First hand am glad hes ok ..and sorry for a bad day this has been ..Rob
Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticDirect Link to This Post
Crap, that'll ruin your day!

Good to hear that it was a light hit and nothing too serious.

------------------

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
It's always a good idea to get your car appraised BEFORE anything happends to it.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
We need to have a FAQ on Insurance and wrecks

1) It's always better to have an appraisal BEFORE the wreck as posted above

2) DO NOT let any insurance company total your car based on some bogus blue book value, either take a penny less than the amount to total or refuse their offer and sue them in court.

3) Never let your car out of your possession. If it's drivable, drive it home, if it's towed, go and get it wherever it is immediately.

4) Take the money and fix it yourself. Fiero parts are cheap, as we all know, and most of us have what you need sitting in our yards and parts room.

5) My car was wrecked much worse than that and I repaired it myself...I had to have the radiator repaired, but ended up going with an external tranny cooler as it was leaking at the fitting.
FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the tips. He drove it home and just kept stopping and filling the radiator back up. We have all the parts to fix it (except paint) in our basement so basically we will ask them to cut us a check and fix it ourselves.
Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroAngel:

that really sucks, I hate trying to get the hood off once its pushed backwards

btw looks like the moron had a trailer hitch.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
if others read this you maybe shocked.. book value of mine was rated mid and that was for $5500 thats when I had the red paint on and some nice gouges, said if those weren't there would've been $6500 for the car alone. GET THEM APPRAISED!

that really sucks, if you back up you're supposed to check all your mirrors bet the guy used one

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula people tell me the car whines more then I do....

wiley90

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiley90Send a Private Message to wiley90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroAngel:

Thanks for the tips. He drove it home and just kept stopping and filling the radiator back up. We have all the parts to fix it (except paint) in our basement so basically we will ask them to cut us a check and fix it ourselves.

wow WV and you have a basement? Either your rich or have no health and dental insurance. Hillbilly central.
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
it was a 3/4 ton full sized dodge ext. cab truck with a 3" lift and 33" tires

he said he looked in the rear view mirror didnt see anyone, and just started backing up (till something(fiero) stoped him)

the radiator is busted, the hood wont come up, the front bumper has a hole in it where the trailer hitch chain hook ripped into it.

ive got everything to fix the car but the insurance company wont know that, checking fieroparts.com and fierostore the parts to repair whats visibly damaged would be around $800 and that doesnt cover whats NOT visibly damaged.

the car is a 1984 sport coupe, with a/c and power windows, its got IRM ground effects IRM wrap around wing, 3800 series II N/A motor with custom flywheel and ram kevlar clutch, 17x8" rims front/rear with 245/45/17's rear and 225/45/17's front, the rear has had a 88 rear cradle added with coilovers, and the front has 1" lowering springs.

also has all new emergency brake cables, and the paint is in pretty good shape.

Oh, and its only got 39k miles on it (it really has about 41,000, but i forgot to plug in the odometer thingy after i did the engine swap and the 120 gauge change) so that should up its value alittle.

Im sure the t-tops dont hurt its value either.

matthew

m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

m0sh_man

8460 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Originally posted by wiley90:

wow WV and you have a basement? Either your rich or have no health and dental insurance. Hillbilly central.

stupid comments like that make me like the rating system.... BTW i wouldnt call us rich, but we are not poor, i think me and my wife combined make about 45-50k a year.

matthew

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

, if you back up you're supposed to check all your mirrors bet the guy used one

Not defending the moron, but most trucks have terrible rear visibility. In my truck there could be a Cadillac behind me and and I wouldn't see it. I once backed up at a red light trying to trigger the sensor and I backed into someone. But amazingly their car had no damage and my bumper got pushed in, so the guy let me go.

To remove the hood you have to get it off the "windshield savers". Those are the bolts that stopped the hood from breaking your windshield, (and in a big wreck stops the hood from decapitating you). The easiest way to remove the hood is to cut the hood in half and pull the part near the windshield forward. Or get a hole saw and cut through the hood and remove the windshield savers.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 01-14-2007).]

wiley90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiley90Send a Private Message to wiley90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

stupid comments like that make me like the rating system.... BTW i wouldnt call us rich, but we are not poor, i think me and my wife combined make about 45-50k a year.

matthew
And you are probably dumb enough to vote republican!

Richjk21

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Richjk21Send a Private Message to Richjk21Direct Link to This Post
I got hit in the 84 once ..... walked funny for a week!

Sorry ..... just trying to break the tension

I'm glad you're okay, and the car wasn't too seriously crunched...
Brian Lamberts

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Brian LambertsSend a Private Message to Brian LambertsDirect Link to This Post
If you need a radiator, I've got a good one you can have for the cost of shipping. (86 SE V6 manual trans)

By the looks of things not too bad an accident. Just one of those OH! SH**! things.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I hate trucks like that... can't see anything, think they're invincible/own the road... Well, at least he just backed into you and didn't run you off the road because his side mirrors aren't "angled down"...
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

wow WV and you have a basement? Either you're rich or have no health and dental insurance. Hillbilly central.

What?

MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post

Take your left hand and make it look like our state. Have a nice day
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post

And just where do you get off making those kind of coments about someone based entierly on geographical location?!!!

Joe
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
What is really sad is, if you saw the guys back-up lights come on, all you could do is lay on our horns . MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2007 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

What is really sad is, if you saw the guys back-up lights come on, all you could do is lay on our horns . MMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP

Try this...

Sorry to hear about your accident, and I hope that things work out for the best with the insurance company and getting her fixed up.. Keep your chin up! BTW, I really like your color combo...
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
going to the insurance company in a few to get the claim ball rolling, I already miss driving her my 87GT will do for now, but it doesnt have the good motor in it....

matthew
Douggg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DougggSend a Private Message to DougggDirect Link to This Post
My palms always get sweaty when I have to stop at a light behind a truck.

mrjohnishome

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrjohnishomeSend a Private Message to mrjohnishomeDirect Link to This Post

Ha, yea thats really funny. I live here in WV, and its gets old hearing people make fun of it non-stop.

Matt- sorry to hear about the 84, what day did you get hit? Hope everything goes well with the insurance companies and the repairs.

Nick
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRJ:

Take your left hand and make it look like our state. Have a nice day

Best reason I can think of to live in West Virginia.

I have a lot of love for West VA...the only state to have formed by breaking away from the main part of the state, as West VA was a loyal to the union Anti-slavery state.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I guess someone is desperate for their ratings bar to show up. The comments were uncalled for.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 01-15-2007).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
FIAMM ELECTRIC 130dB FREEWAY BLASTER HORNS
This electric horn produces a loud 130dB harmonious high-low blast. Adapt to single- or double-terminal applications. Electrifying performance!
Under $20 at most parts stores. You can get 2 and never ever get missed again.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/au...&reviewflag=1#review
wiley90

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wiley90Send a Private Message to wiley90Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

And just where do you get off making those kind of coments about someone based entierly on geographical location?!!! I was only kidding guy's sorry! My bad.

Joe

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
It's difficult to infer tone of voice, sarcasm or jokingness on the net. That's why we have these and this (j/k) or any number of ways to let people know you are joking. Otherwise, you might find yourself with a blinking red ratings bar.
IraSummers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IraSummersSend a Private Message to IraSummersDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
. Otherwise, you might find yourself with a blinking red ratings bar.

and rather quick too....lol.... Who was it a fiew years ago that ended up getting kicked off but he did'nt have many posts but had 1 + rating and like 99 - ? Annywaise.

Be shure you put something on there that says your kidding, or you'll be in a flame war before you can refresh your screen!!! lol.

When are you going to fix the car?
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IraSummers:
When are you going to fix the car?

well id already have the car fixed if i was not instructed to wait for the insurance adjuster.... so i havent touched it, first quote i got was for $2500 by a local shop, they said if was a newer car it would be MUCh cheaper, but since its an older car that parts wont be available for new, they will have to buy used parts, and do some minor refurbishing work to get them to paintable condition.

i checked fieroparts.com is $175 for a hood, fierostore is $349 for a 87-88 front bumper (they dont have any 84-86's) and $39 for the front bumper support piece, and another $179 for a radiator, that doesnt include paint or shipping for those items.

I personally DONT have any good 84-86 front bumpers right now, i have one thats not cracked but its sagging pretty bad. however i do have a good 87-88 bumper, and ive got a good 86SE front bump, so if i get enough cash ill swap out the hood with a red hood i have, and put the black 86SE front bumper on the car, and maybe get the car completely repainted, it all depends on how much money i get, if i can afford new paint.

wish me luck with the adjuster in a few days. Edmonds.com has two 1984 fiero's one with 31,000 miles and another with 33,000 miles one is like 9,995 the other is 6,995.

matthew

PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Sure wish you luck with that.
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
Well the adjuster wants to total it, so im getting some other estimates done, They want to give me $2912 and write it off,

they told me if i can get a estimate under $2242 they wont total the car.

the vehicle already has a reconstructed title, but they dont know that, instead of going through all the trouble of buying it back and going through the reconstructive process again, i got a estimate for $1,922.05

if they accept that estimate, im all over it, ive already replaced the radiator and front bumper support, just need the hood painted to match and the car really wouldnt look that bad (got a red hood on it right now)

matthew
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
sorry to hear about the hit man... that sucks. as for wiley90 he got a neg from me a while ago for nasty comments... i'm not sure if he/she can even make a nice comment about anybody or anything. just ignore him/her.
Indiana_resto_guy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Can't you let them total it and buy it back?
m0sh_man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Indiana_resto_guy:

Can't you let them total it and buy it back?

just talked to the adjuster about that, and due to the fact im in WV, state farm doesnt sell back the vehicles to the owner (something with state laws) and it goes to a public auction in ashland KY. from there its open for anyone with a dealers license to bid (or salvage license) and i can be instated a one day dealer/salvage license for $200 so i can bid on the vehicle to buy it back.

so in short, they are NOT taking my fiero

matthew

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock