Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Show Us Your Fiero Stored for the Winter of '06/'07 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Show Us Your Fiero Stored for the Winter of '06/'07 by Saxman
Started on: 12-22-2006 11:42 AM
Replies: 54
Last post by: Tinton on 12-26-2006 11:54 PM
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Here is half of my Fiero collection nestled away for the holidays. Where do yours' hibernate?

------------------
V8 "FinIERO" Fino Kit - www.finiero.com -
'87 T-top - soon to become the new "FinIERO" (fin-'yeah-row) donor car
'86 GT V8
'87 GT

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
35 miles from me at my friends parents house in their little garage. They used to have other things out there but they cleaned it up a bit and allowed me to put it there.

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula people tell me the car whines more then I do....

Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosDirect Link to This Post
I've got a shed next to the house that was built for the Fiero to stay hibernated for the winter, but since my dad passed away a few years ago, it's been filled with all his camping and fishing gear that my mom gave to us. So now I get the privilege of driving my car year-round when weather permits. The hubby's Grand Prix has to sit outside. Now in this pic, geez, can you tell which one I'll be driving for awhile?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
This is my cavas garage, I wouldnt call it winter storage but its put away until I finish the SE.

85_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Mike Marden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenDirect Link to This Post
Storage, what's that? Nice thing about Florida, year around Fiero driving

------------------
86 SE 2.8 4-Speed

85_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 85_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
double post..sorry

[This message has been edited by 85_Fiero_2M4 (edited 12-22-2006).]

Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
here's mine

just kidding. those were parts cars I had a few years ago. my good cars are in a heated garage, wile the wife and my daily drivers (Blazer and Miata) are out under a carport . it's all about priorities

Russ544

[This message has been edited by Russ544 (edited 12-22-2006).]

Lambo nut

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
I don't technically store mine, in case the weather is good. Just drove the Indy last weekend.

Kevin
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Store for the winter? Not out here in California; it was 57 degrees today - think I'll go for a drive in one of my Fieros...
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
This was mine a couple of years ago, in my garage at home. It's now in a storage unit just outside of town. Looks pretty much the same, except the storage unit is a LOT less cluttered...

PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post
Shhh, babies sleeping

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 12-22-2006).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

This was mine a couple of years ago, in my garage at home. It's now in a storage unit just outside of town. Looks pretty much the same, except the storage unit is a LOT less cluttered...

Cluttered? Looks neat compared to mine!
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Direct Link to This Post
More like summer storage for me! I'm going to be driving mine all the time, just to be able to drive something I can stay warm in... srslytho, who stores their cars for winter? o_O

Then again my Fiero's my "daily driver" car, so... that changes things.

------------------

'87 Fiero GT, Automatic, 153k miles, stock everything, just trying to make it all work again.
Shameless self promotion: PIP giving you problems? Check out
http://hostfile.org!
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2006 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Hehehehe....I forgot about that, Brian! That's just TOO cool...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

That is too Cool!!!

I want one of those... Is it filled with Nitrogen?
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Direct Link to This Post
I'd love to, but much to my surprise I am still DRIVING it.

We haven't seen snow since the first week of December. Temps have held in the 40's, and we have had enough rain to wash the salt back off the roads. So about a week and a half ago I got it back out and have still been driving it! In all the years I have owned the car, I have only been able to really drive it daily in December once, and never right up to Christmas!

So maybe Global Warming is good for something!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Stored?

My coupe is out in the parking deck.

Makes the commute to work a lot more fun than the Sonoma (aka the Pewter Pig.)

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

How can I get one of these!! Awesome...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

That is too Cool!!!

I want one of those... Is it filled with Nitrogen?

http://www.carcapsule.com/index.html

Is it to late to call santa? I want one too

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 12-23-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
ArizonaIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArizonaIndySend a Private Message to ArizonaIndyDirect Link to This Post
Why store it? This is the one month that my a/c actually works here in Arizona....

The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzDirect Link to This Post
I Just hung my up in the air in cass it gets warm I can let her down.

------------------
The Prezzz

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Prezzzz:

I Just hung my up in the air in cass it gets warm I can let her down.

Hey - what kind of lift is that?
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

This looks really cool and would be a great conversation starter, but the more I think about it, I don't really see the point. The fan exchanges the air on the inside with the air on the outside, so what's the point? You might as well park it in the garage with no bubble at all. I want one like that, but sealed with Nitrogen inside. That would provide some protection from oxidation.
The Prezzzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The PrezzzzClick Here to visit The Prezzzz's HomePageSend a Private Message to The PrezzzzDirect Link to This Post
It is a electric hydr. it will lift the Fiero 4 foot in the air works great for pulling engines cost me $500.00 used

------------------
The Prezzz

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
i guess people really do store thier fieros during the winter huh?
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

This looks really cool and would be a great conversation starter, but the more I think about it, I don't really see the point. The fan exchanges the air on the inside with the air on the outside, so what's the point? You might as well park it in the garage with no bubble at all. I want one like that, but sealed with Nitrogen inside. That would provide some protection from oxidation.

The point is that the air is filtered before going in so it keeps all the dust off the car. I store the car in my machine shop so there is all kinds of crap in the air. The zipper around the base lets air out keeping positive pressure inside, the moving air dries away any moisture. If you crack open the windows it keeps the interior from stinking up. The main thing is it provides protection from getting scratched or hit. You can throw a five pound weight onto the inflated cover and it won't hit the car, just bounces off. It's a 100 times better than any car cover I've owned.

[This message has been edited by sluppy123 (edited 12-23-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
At Archie's. Where else would it be, hehe.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

The point is that the air is filtered before going in so it keeps all the dust off the car. I store the car in my machine shop so there is all kinds of crap in the air. The zipper around the base lets air out keeping positive pressure inside, the moving air dries away any moisture. If you crack open the windows it keeps the interior from stinking up. The main thing is it provides protection from getting scratched or hit. ...

I can see how it's a lot better than a cover, which doesn't prevent dust from getting in the car, and can ruin the paint if it gets damp. How good is the filter?

Still, compared to a nice and clean garage I don't think the benefit is worth the $300+ dollars. Unless you can park it on your front lawn and it doubles as a snow globe.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 12-23-2006).]

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

I don't think the benefit is worth the $300+ dollars. Unless you can park it on your front lawn and it doubles as a snow globe.

LMAO all most fell out of my chair.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Unless you can park it on your front lawn and it doubles as a snow globe.

well... why not do that?? lol!
sluppy123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Direct Link to This Post

I can see how it's a lot better than a cover, which doesn't prevent dust from getting in the car, and can ruin the paint if it gets damp. How good is the filter?

Still, compared to a nice and clean garage I don't think the benefit is worth the $300+ dollars. Unless you can park it on your front lawn and it doubles as a snow globe.

The filter that it came with was junk, I made a new blower/filter that uses a Fiero V-6 air cleaner housing with a small fan on the bottom and a flexible tube hooked onto the bubble. Works really good now, it even catches the "dust" my plasma cutter throws out.

I actually thought of doing the snow globe thing, but decided it would be a pain to get all the "snow" out of the car Plus the car is currently out of the bubble while I swap in a 3800sc

[This message has been edited by sluppy123 (edited 12-23-2006).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post

Unless you can park it on your front lawn and it doubles as a snow globe.

Now that would make a nice Christmas card! I'm picturing one of those Fiero snow-globes on the red one at the top of Cliff's forum pages....
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

The filter that it came with was junk, I made a new blower/filter that uses a Fiero V-6 air cleaner housing with a small fan on the bottom and a flexible tube hooked onto the bubble. Works really good now, it even catches the "dust" my plasma cutter throws out.

I'm seeing a business opportunity here... If you were to make these bubble enclosures with the imrpoved fliters and at a lower price point...like say under $100 I would be interested.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
the fiero is my rain driver, as i WONT drive my celica in the rain! not because i give a rats butt about the celica, but because those front wheel drive cars are CRAP when the road gets even a little damp (well, there crap anyway, but lets not go there) i have always driven my fieros in the "winter" if you can call the rainy season that! so the car gets wet, big woop!

[This message has been edited by tednelson83 (edited 12-23-2006).]

Tinton

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 295
User Banned

Report this Post12-23-2006 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TintonSend a Private Message to TintonDirect Link to This Post

That's where they sleep...but they don't hibernate . It doesn't snow here in Georgia, so I get to drive them year-round. And unlike Florida, we get no hurricanes, unlike Arizona it doesn't hit 110* F+, and unlike California we don't get earthquakes .

------------------

rpro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

That's where they sleep...but they don't hibernate . It doesn't snow here in Georgia, so I get to drive them year-round. And unlike Florida, we get no hurricanes, unlike Arizona it doesn't hit 110* F+, and unlike California we don't get earthquakes .

But you have rank, oppresive humidity. I would trade ALL the afore mentioned for that. Ha Ha!

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 12-23-2006).]

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tinton:

It doesn't snow here in Georgia, so I get to drive them year-round. And unlike Florida, we get no hurricanes, unlike Arizona it doesn't hit 110* F+, and unlike California we don't get earthquakes .

Yeah, but it's still Georgia. Just kidding. I love the Peach State.
hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Direct Link to This Post

Gee, A car condom!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock