Photoshop/chop request GTO scoops (AU) by Australian
Started on: 12-15-2006 06:46 AM
Replies: 21
Last post by: Australian on 07-19-2007 12:19 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Funny i have been thinking about these scoops myself !

I haven't been able to track them down though.
FieroGT42

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Edit: Power is blinking off intermittently, so I don't know if I can do this one.

On an red Fiero GT I assume, and do you want them scooping air in from the front or venting the radiator to the rear? Any other scoops and stuff that you prefer? If anyone else wants to use my car as a base, I'll see if I can find shots of whatever angles you/they ask for:

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 12-15-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Several yrs ago, I mocked up a set of Firebird vents (1990?) and I reversed them. They looked pretty good. The GTO's vents look good too.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity bump
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, I had been having power glitches, then DSL disconnection problems, and the last 2 days my ISP was blocking all ".nl" domains (even though they said they didn't ). I'm back now so I'll see what I can do

You still didn't say whether you want them scooping or venting. Venting out will help stabilize the front end, which is needed from the factory because the radiator is a bottom-breather without a good outlet. Scooping will make it much worse, but you can have false scoops if you just want to achieve that look without making the car dangerous at highway speeds.

Here's with Pontiac GTO "ram air" scoops. Doing extractor vents will be harder because I still can't seem to find any pics of that style at the right angles...

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 12-18-2006).]

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey those are my wheels!! LOL! But seriously lower that car and make it look good

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.09@115mph, 1.89 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Already dropped the one w/ GTO scoops maybe 1 inch in the back, 1/2" front (via photoshop). I only wish it was so easy (and cheap!) to lower the real thing

Slammed (and ride quality like an Amish wheelbarrow):
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

"I torched my coils" look, not intended for road use

[This message has been edited by FieroGT42 (edited 12-18-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any chance you could put the scoops on in reverse ??
FieroGT42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2006 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT42Send a Private Message to FieroGT42Direct Link to This Post
Venting out the back? That could be done either having them stick upward from the stock hood, or flipping upside down with the opening at the front like most extractor hoods. Which do you mean? I had trouble finding images that would work for either one. My hard drive is totally fried now anyway though... I'm running a linux boot disc until the new HDD comes on Monday, then probably take all day setting it up...
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Like this.

PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
Ok I just bought those scoops, and still have the stage 2s to install thinking about the rear now
these could look good on deck lid too. but thinking more a shaker style on rear.

I am wondering to mount them low for functionality spin them round or high for looks and have another above radiator instead i will decide i guess by moving it around the car before i mould them in.
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2006 05:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
I would put the opening of the scoop as the silver fiero allowing the hot air to exit the Hood area.
not capturing cool air from the front of a moving car.
Still looking for something different and not the same as every one else has, but legal here in Australia meaning nothing higher than 5 - 6 cm above the mounted surface[like the hood surface]

------------------
Allen
Australia
86 gold SE
85 red SE

[This message has been edited by proff (edited 12-21-2006).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2006 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by proff:

I would put the opening of the scoop as the silver fiero allowing the hot air to exit the Hood area.
not capturing cool air from the front of a moving car.
Still looking for something different and not the same as every one else has, but legal here in Australia meaning nothing higher than 5 - 6 cm above the mounted surface[like the hood surface]

Really 5-6 cm where u hear that i seen plenty of scoops i thought where higher than that. I thought the old 70s scoops shackers stood taller than 5 cm not that i need or want anything higher but didnt know
especially with cars with superchargers pretruding the bonnet.

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGT42:

Sorry, I had been having power glitches, then DSL disconnection problems, and the last 2 days my ISP was blocking all ".nl" domains (even though they said they didn't ). I'm back now so I'll see what I can do

You still didn't say whether you want them scooping or venting. Venting out will help stabilize the front end, which is needed from the factory because the radiator is a bottom-breather without a good outlet. Scooping will make it much worse, but you can have false scoops if you just want to achieve that look without making the car dangerous at highway speeds.

Here's with Pontiac GTO "ram air" scoops. Doing extractor vents will be harder because I still can't seem to find any pics of that style at the right angles...

thanks for photoshop job it convinced me to buy.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 06:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
http://www.muckup.com/fiero.JPG

This is first pic i ever posted of my car.
This is scoop sitting on fiero
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
I dont know, it looks unproprtional to the fiero, and it has no funciton on a car with a mid rear engine.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

I dont know, it looks unproprtional to the fiero, and it has no funciton on a car with a mid rear engine.

hood scoops are all useless on rear engined cars. As far as proportional goes the scoop is a little big but i dont see fitting impossible.
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
how about flipping it around so the scoops become vents? get some pics?
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2007 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Where can you get this scoop from. I have a 05 GTO and love the hood. Wouldn't mind trying this myself.

RJ

------------------

88 TTop coupe (96 3.4DOHC/5 speed in progress)
03 Vibe GT. 6spd
05 GTO, LS2, 6spd
01 Sonoma SLS, 5spd, ZQ8 sport suspension

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2007 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Silentassassin185:

how about flipping it around so the scoops become vents? get some pics?

I think it would look like a bathtub too big perhaps might take some pics after work

PFF
System Bot
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2007 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Where can you get this scoop from. I have a 05 GTO and love the hood. Wouldn't mind trying this myself.

RJ

I got mine on ebay for about $220 + delivery.
Type in "commodore scoop" monaro scoop or GTO scoop to find them

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock