Pix of GT40... by CobraPhil
Started on: 10-09-2006 06:27 PM
Replies: 55
Last post by: Formula88 on 09-14-2007 12:19 AM
CobraPhil

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
I have pix of my just completed GT40 kit w/V-8 conversion and don't know how to post pictures. Tried a search to no avail...help anyone? Thanks, PHIL
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/pip.html

[This message has been edited by FieroWannaBe (edited 10-09-2006).]

CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll try it Tuesday a.m....look forward to any comments. PHIL
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
We'll be watching! Congrat's on finishing the car. I sure wish I could!
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CobraPhil:

I have pix of my just completed GT40 kit w/V-8 conversion and don't know how to post pictures. Tried a search to no avail...help anyone? Thanks, PHIL

Welcome to the Forum Phil.

The pictures you sent me earlier today look great send more pics when you can.

Here's a little sample for you guys......

Archie

rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
That is soooooooooooooo sweet. Who's body kit is that, NAF? Your own? I really want to do a GT40 (that's why I got my Fiero in the first place). Keep the pics coming.
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
Where did those headers come from? I need some of those!

Very nice ride. Most impressive!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
Whoaaaa ! That is one nice car !

Great backdrop in the picture.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-09-2006).]

Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rjblaze:

That is soooooooooooooo sweet. Who's body kit is that, NAF? Your own? I really want to do a GT40 (that's why I got my Fiero in the first place). Keep the pics coming.

http://www.v8archie.com/gt4t.htm

Edit: I think you're right, WannaBe. Sweet ride all the same though...

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...(pieces, that is!)

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK
-DiabloSport Performance Tune

[This message has been edited by Hulk (edited 10-11-2006).]

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeDirect Link to This Post
they dont look to be the same....

------------------
PROJECT 1986 GT Stormbringer

CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Hey, thanks for getting the pix up Archie! I think I've got it figured out, so I'll post some more soon. The body kit is from ASPP (now back to being NAF, I think). The problem with this rebody has always been the ride height, particularly in the rear. I was able to take an 1 1/2" out of the front with lowering spindles, and can adjust as needed with coilovers from Held. The rear was a bigger problem. I ended up taking 3" out of the rear cradle to drop the car down, which of course moved the motor up. Archies conversion was a piece of cake, just had issues with header clearance and the like (which are late-model asphalt design, with the front one heavily modified...it normally would cross over the top of the trans. and point toward the drivers side taillight). I did my own Wilwood brake kit design, which worked out to be pretty simple in the end. I'll dig out some progress pix and get them up for anyone interested. Thanks for the comments, PHIL
PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
How was it dealing with NAF ? And how long did it take you to get the body ?
Thanks
Joe
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
WOW...GEEZ THATS NICE.. congrats on the finish.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Jack at NAF was fine to deal with, I don't remember the exact turn-around time...but it wasn't more than 6 weeks or so. Quality of the fiberglass was good, didn't really have much bodywork to get it straight other than dressing edges, etc. I made my own hinge kit for the rear and modified the mounting for the front clip, since I cut off everything except the front and rear frame rails.

I'll post a bunch more pix, as soon as I figure out how to resize them as I scan them in (pix posting software is saying they are too big to post). I can build a car...just can't get this computer to perform a simple function. PHIL
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Hey Phil; thats a sweet ride. How long have you been hiding up in Fort Fun, you need to hook up with us at the next Mile high Fiero club meeting, 10/29/06 11:00 am at the Chili's in Lone Tree, thats near Highlands Ranch.

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
I've been here since '95...transplanted from Wisconsin. I stopped LateModel asphalt racing when I moved, so I took up going to the open track road racing at PPIR before it closed. In fact,we were supposed to head to Pueblo Thursday of this week to beat the tar out of this car and see what breaks, falls off, etc. but it is cold and rain for the next few days. I see emissions testing is formally gone up here as of Jan. 1st, so maybe I can get this thing plated and drive it to one of your events...if I can find a set of earplugs good enough.Any of you guys take your cars to these type events?
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Let's see if I can get an interior pix to work.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Here's a shot under the hood in front...wish now I would have modified the front clip so it would have flipped forward as the original does.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Here's another shot of the interior...had to make a new bulkhead behind the seats that is about 3" forward of the factory firewall to make room for the headers (can't see it very well here). Car has a full cage.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
This last one shows the rear clip a little better...had to build new shock towers 3" higher than the stock ones to account for the 3" I took out of the cradle. If I get a chance I'll dig up some pix of the brake setup I used (four piston Wilwoods w/11 3/4" rotors on all four corners). PHIL

[This message has been edited by CobraPhil (edited 10-10-2006).]

countach711

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for countach711Click Here to visit countach711's HomePageSend a Private Message to countach711Direct Link to This Post
Phil, suuweet car! In Ft. Collins, too. I'm in Englewood, building a Countach kit, and Motoracer (Joe) is building a few himself. I can't wait to see your ride in person, it looks awesome. So you built it to race as well as street, that's cool! I dig the racer look. I'm contemplating putting stripes on the Countach.

There is a Rocky Mountain Kitcar club event this Sunday on the north side of Denver, I just got this yesterday:

Hello everyone, I would like to still do something this Sunday, October 15th, so if you'd like to come down, let's have a small cruise-in to the Sonic on 64th Ave and Sheridan Blvd. let's get together about 1:00pm, and just have some fun.

I will also invite people from the local Air-cooled VW club and the Fiero Club so it will be a "rear-engine and kit car cruise".

I have let the management there know to expect 10-15 cars, so I hope we have a good turn out.

Hope to see you there,
Chris G.
PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful job Phil. i think I have a finishing touch for you - how about a license plate frame from Beverly Hills Ford ?
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
zowie! cool! ; VERY NICE; THANKS AND MORE!
Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post
Top notch! I particularly approve of the paint scheme. That is SHARP

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
Nice Car!! Everything looks well done. Thanks for sharing the pic's and keep the info coming.
Thanks Gary
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Very nice.........wanna trade it for a really nice 88 Corvette conv.........?..........

Like the ' racing ' rubber on it too.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Big Thumbs Up ! Very Cool !!!

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Excellent, more pictures, please......

http://www.fierocountry.us

------------------
Lee
Suncoast Fieros

'88 Formula
'86 Sports Coupe
'03 Mustang

Russ544

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
Best built ASPP kit I've ever seen, without a doubt. Nice work.

Russ544

------------------
"doesn't matter where you've been....... doesn't matter where you're going...... just how cool you look gettin' there."
Fonzy

CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the positive comments, I do have a pile of pix taken during the build that I can post. Is it best to keep adding to this thread, or start a new one? If so, is this area of the forum the right one, or does it belong in the tech area?

The Beverly Hills plate holder would be a good touch, I'd better think about actually getting it registered first...( that's why it has the race rubber on it, I figured I'd wear out a set before next spring). If we get to the track in the next week or so, I'll get some pix at speed as we shake the bugs out of it. PHIL
SLAMMED87GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLAMMED87GTSend a Private Message to SLAMMED87GTDirect Link to This Post
That's not to shabby, here is a pic of my buddies GT40. The thing road (suspension feel) like my '87 GT did!

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

------------------

'96 Schwarz II BMW 328is, UUC SS, CDV delete, M3 exhaust, M3 FX, 18x8" ROH Drift/Toyo Proxes, DEpoo Projectors/Chromiums/6000k HID, clears all around, Blau ICE, more go fast mods soon!
'86 Polaris-Metallic BMW 325E, stock 5-spd cpe.
'87 Fiero GT *show winning* SOLD
http://evolutionsnp.com <-THE place for BMW work.

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Phil, PM me your mailing address and I'll send it to you. I had it on the front of my Mustang so the white letters will need a little touch up to make it look new.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I got my scanner working again...how about a couple pix of the bare frame after powdercoating it. On the interior pic you can see the cutout in the firewall for the header clearance.
The front view shows the plate for the Wilwood pedals (behind the battery box), dual master cylinders with a clutch master also.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Here's a shot from the rear showing the new shock towers.
Her's another one of the whole car...I had to cut out and recontour the front corners of the firewall to get clearance for the tires.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Great shots! Thanks for posting.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
Here's the motor and exhaust getting fitted for the final time.
This is a shot of the rear Wilwood brakes w/11 3/4" rotors...I need to get better pix to show the caliper brackets, etc.
Here's the body getting fitted for gaps and mounts.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Here are two more angles of the finished car.
CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post

CobraPhil

21 posts
Member since Oct 2006
Looks like the body fitting pix didn't load...I'll retry.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUDirect Link to This Post
All I can say is "holy crap"! Oh to win a lottery and be able to just do these kinds of things...

I look forward to getting numbers - what engine do you have - how fast is she off the line etc...

------------------

CobraPhil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CobraPhilSend a Private Message to CobraPhilDirect Link to This Post
The motor is a 350 with all the Edelbrock Performer RPM goodies (cam, heads, and intake). Edelbrocks info says to expect 424 horsepower from this combo. I didn't get to carried away with the motor since my concern is shelling transmissions, also I wanted it to be semi-streetable. Have no idea about acceleration, etc., since I have only driven it into the trailer and out...with one trip down my driveway to take the outside pix. I will post some pix at speed soon. PHIL
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock