Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  anyone in the fredericksburg Va area? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
anyone in the fredericksburg Va area? by Francis T
Started on: 08-27-2006 05:57 PM
Replies: 182
Last post by: Francis T on 06-02-2007 03:25 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I've seen a few nice Fieros around town and was wondering if any of them frequent this site? If you do let me know. I've also heard there are quite a few in the charlettesvile area. Lets chat and maybe get a group together.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sc3800ttops

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sc3800ttopsSend a Private Message to sc3800ttopsDirect Link to This Post
I'm a bit north of you but not all that far - and always up for a gathering!
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
NoVa here too. Saw a black GT few weeks ago and one in a while I'll see one, but always going in a different direction.

Maybe we could meet in the woodbridge/stafford area
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm there are a few of around here. Sent you both emails. And its always the same for me too, the guy in the other Fiero is always going the other way!
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
We going to be able to check out some Trueleo toys?
Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanDirect Link to This Post
I should have my new V8 GT running in a couple of weeks. If you guys get together, let me know.
RipJaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RipJawSend a Private Message to RipJawDirect Link to This Post
Is the fiero a maroon GT on route 3 ? If so its me.

Loud as beep with the V8

[This message has been edited by RipJaw (edited 08-27-2006).]

prizm-bluegt

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Don't forget me!!!! I'm only 35 minutes from fredericksburg.
Robert

87 GT 3.4
85 GT Fastback
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Cool, looks like we have 6 local Fiero owners already. I sent emails to some of you and just repeat here what they were for anyone else.

Looks like we have three (now 6) so far. Why dont we bump this thread some over the next few days or week and see if we can get a few more local Fieros and then decide on a day and place to meet.

I'm on route 3 and lot and I;m sure i saw yours. Mine is an 86 matalic black GT with a custom GT40 style extrator radiator scoop on the front, and a rear facing scoop (extractor also) on the engine lid. My intercooler is also quite noticable. The is lowered and has centerline 5spoke rims. You wont mistake for anyone else's Fiero.

Great to hear were not alone,,, cant wait for everyone to get together.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2006 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
hey rob,

I got the alignment done and the car is perfectly nuetral, it's amazing. would you be willing to come up a little further for us NoVa guys? I think woodbridge/stafford would be a nice halfway point but I'm game for anything on 95 cause I get to stop at wawa on my way back to arlington.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Any other Fiero's out there roaming the 95 corridor between DC and richmond?
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Been thinking, Curtis park is about 8 miles west of 95 on route 17 and would be good place for a meet. From there we could maybe go to Caldron State park in King George via route 218. And 218 just happens to be made for sports cars. Pretty road with one turn after another.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Curtis park is about an hour from me. Caledon park is about 1.5hrs from me. They are also about that far for sc3800ttops too.

You thinking cookout or just for a drive?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Dont know about the cookout. Have to see what everyone else wants to do.. We could just pile into a restruant somewhere or pack a lunch. Maybe some time near the end of next week we'll start thinking about a date for it.
prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Hey Scurvy, Glad to here everything went well.Coming closer to n. virginia is fine with me.I like the cookout idea but I think it would be easier to meet at a local restaraunt. How about one saturday or sunday we can have a little get together and cookout at Francis T's shop. Get a chance to check out his toys and design of the famous intakes

Oh yeah BUMP for the night
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
I'm right next to sc3800ttops -- in fact I got water pump bolts from him

But I need to get my car aligned ASAP, haha. I've been slacking :/
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scythe:

I'm right next to sc3800ttops -- in fact I got water pump bolts from him

But I need to get my car aligned ASAP, haha. I've been slacking :/

395 Collision off the edsall road exit of 395. They did my fiero me and the guy did an excellent job it's cheap too. I think 69 for a 4 wheel. I customized my alignment and they guy did exactly how I asked. Front toe set to .0 for quick turn in and rear tow set to .4 for rear end stability. .5 neg camber all the way around. The .4 on the rear tow is nice, great stability, understeers when below the limit and goes totally nuetral at the limit. When I was autocrossing and I reached my tires max I just drifter sideways. I think when I go back I'll take a little toe out for a little oversteer at the limit. Like I said though, he'll do it how you want.

If you have any questions or want to name drop p.m. me and i'll give u who to talk to and phone numbers.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Our 'shop' isen't much to look at. Come next spring or summer we'll have a nicer one. However, I do have the room and parking for maybe 10 Fieros or more. We also live in a lake community and have a beach and other things to do. I'm not saying it's go at my place though, I'll have to think about it.
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilDirect Link to This Post
Me and my bro are in Waldorf MD....probably about an hour or so away. If you had a get together we would try to make it.

------------------
Fiero w/ 1998 Supercharged 3.8 V-6 Intercooled
Best ET: 12.20@ 114.90 mph (street tires)
11.74@115 mph (drag radials)
VIDEO-http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1ecf6afb-a616-4882-b460-cb5602c47869.htm

"NO Juice....Just BOOST!"

[This message has been edited by lildevil (edited 08-29-2006).]

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Yea there are a few here in C'ville. I happen to own three of them. There are a couple others running around but don't seem to get involved. I would love to get us together. I've been trying for years now to get a group going in the area. Please keep me informed and we will gladdly travel some.

Jesse

------------------
1988 GT 2.8 3Auto
1986 GT 3.4 DOHC 5Speed
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto

prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
Hey there RACER_JT.Out of curiosity who did you get your stripes from in your sig.I got a set like it from fierostripes.com and had one heck of a time getting them.Like to find somebody else.
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I think I'll start a data sheet for this group of sorts. If you want to be involved, send me an email with your name, location, and your pff login and I'll put you in the data base. And put some info on your Fiero too. I'll post here when I get everyones info.

I have see what the wife thinks about having our meet of sorts here. If you dont hear from me again, I didnt run fast enough. Naw.. I'm sure it would be ok with her as long as it's not an army of people, but then....

I really hope we can get our 87GT done and regestered before the meet. Would like to take a few of you for a ride in it to show what a 2.8 with our intake, headers and chip can do.

Oh, the big issue with having it at my place, and this is one of the main reasons why I may not. It's private lake community and we have our own rent-a-cops. They are raydar happy freaks with no lives of their own and hide all over the place to catch speeders. The speed limit is only 25mph and I know most of you folks will be hard pressed not to exced it. If you get a ticket, and dont pay it, I to have to pay the $100 or more bucks depending on how fast they tag you at. Thus my concern....
prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2006 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
I just come across this.If it is still going on anybody interested?

September 17 - 8th UAW-GM Car Show in Fredericksburg, VA, to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Association - Bikes, Trucks, Low Riders, 4x4's are all welcomed. Location: GM powertrain Plant/Front Grounds at 11032 Tidewater Trail in Fredericksburg, VA 23407 - Rain date: Sept. 24 - $15.00 registration fee with over 150 trophics - Food available - GM cars and special attactions on display. Info: 540-899-5043 or 540-899-5070 or evenings 340-891-1246 or 540-455-6197 or Email: MelCarterSr@aol.com
Directions: I-95 to Exit Rt. 3, go east. Go through 7 traffic lights, exit right on Rt 2 & 17 south. go 3.5 miles, and show is on the right.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Gee... that's close. I may have to go to that one. Be nice if we can say, get 4 or 5 Fieros there.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
The stripes are painted on this time.

Last time they were vinyl from Paul Mckibben. Great guy to work with. He will go out of his way to help you.
http://fierosails.com/decal.html

Sept 17 show, We won't be able to make. We will be coming back from RFTH11 in NC. Probally going to Charlotte for the ar show. For what ever reason that could come up and we can make it, I let you know.

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Scurvy:
395 Collision off the edsall road exit of 395. They did my fiero me and the guy did an excellent job it's cheap too. I think 69 for a 4 wheel. I customized my alignment and they guy did exactly how I asked. Front toe set to .0 for quick turn in and rear tow set to .4 for rear end stability. .5 neg camber all the way around. The .4 on the rear tow is nice, great stability, understeers when below the limit and goes totally nuetral at the limit. When I was autocrossing and I reached my tires max I just drifter sideways. I think when I go back I'll take a little toe out for a little oversteer at the limit. Like I said though, he'll do it how you want.

If you have any questions or want to name drop p.m. me and i'll give u who to talk to and phone numbers.

Thanks for the recommendation Scurvy! I know exactly of the shop you're talking about (I use to work over in that area).
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
Cool man. I think the guy who does the alignments is named carl. When you go in though you want to talk to john or jeff and just tell them you have a fiero and you were recommended by someone who had their fiero aligned there. I have a good working relationship with them through my job.
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post

Scurvy

865 posts
Member since Nov 2005
bibbity bobbity bump
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Hey racer, nice ride! I did my interia in black and red too. Really nice work on the front hood. Did you do it yourself? Where did you get the front chin spoilers? I think I may want to add them to mine, have to see your car in person.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
BYW: Racer, the 87gt I'm working on is for my daughter and son-in-law. Theyre just outside of Charletsvile near you in Green Va. He was telling me recently that he sees a lot of Fieros out his way, some in yards for sale.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Where are they in Greene? Do they work in C'ville? Tell them to let e know when they see them out that way and take a look at them. My wifes GT came from Greene. I found it in the Food Lion parking lot. The front spoiler is just an old Gt nose turned upside down and cut to shape.
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
They'er off Toms road. I'll give them your email. They dont work in c-ville.
RandomTask

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RandomTaskSend a Private Message to RandomTaskDirect Link to This Post
I'm about 45 min south of richmond and would love to meet up with some people sometime!

Joe
Scurvy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScurvySend a Private Message to ScurvyDirect Link to This Post
I think we have a very good group of Virginians going here ( including some MDers ).
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
Are any of you guys going down to Run For The Hills?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
When and where? Right now I have my 86 apart some, so i hope it's not too soon.
Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post
http://gafiero.org/runforhills2006.asp

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058630.html

I've gone to this the past couple of years and WOW what fun it has been. Each year they set up in a different place to keep it exciting. I have been trying to get such a run here in Va for awile. I think a Run from this area (nelson county) to Snowshoe, WV would be an awesome day trip each way. If any of you would like to help map out and make a couple of trial runs to make sure it will work please let me know. Also if any of you are real good at websites. You are more than welcome to give mine a try. www.VaFieroClub.com Ive been trying for a few years to get such a Va. Club up and running but didn't seem to be enough interest.

Jesse

------------------
1988 GT 2.8 3Auto
1986 GT 3.4 DOHC 5Speed
1986 GT 4.9 4Auto

cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
I am about 35 miles from Fredericksburg, but I have not had the fieros up that way in over a year. Single dad multi-kid just don't work well in the fiero.

Sean
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Been down to Dalgren a lot. Worked at the base for a while. We do our dyno work at H.P. Works not far from you. Should be down that way in a few months to dyne two Fieros. You can maybe come watch if you like.

Well, it sure looks like we're going to get a Northern Va Frieo club or whatever going soon! About time too, Fiero people need to stick together since most (the uniformed idiots anyway) think we're nuts to like these Dangerous Firetraps. Oh and lets not start on that topic here.

How about we start to think about date for that first meet? Maybe some us should get together and make plans. I'm thinking last saturday of the month? Or some saaturday next month perhaps.
prizm-bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2006 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prizm-bluegtSend a Private Message to prizm-bluegtDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather set it up for next month. I have to give some notice to make sure I'm off that saturday.Can we get a count on who might be going to the show sept 17.If weather permits I'm going.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock