Started on: 03-27-2006 02:06 AM
Replies: 29
Last post by: AquaHusky on 03-09-2007 03:05 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys my exhaust is finally built with the TOG headers. My friend Tom and Brian designed/built it for me in one evening. It sounds incredible and I owe them a huge thank you. I didn't think I would have a completed exhaust this quick, or even TOG Headers, but it all came together faster than possible. And for those who think you can't keep your trunk with TOG headers are wrong. Trunk is completely in tact, slight dent at bottom. Car sounds wicked, I wish I had a sound clip that was worth posting but it isn't good enough quality. I'll try later on in the week. Here goes all the pics though. The exhaust is flush with the cradle so it is perfect. This exhaust system has TOG headers in the stock 3800 outlet, with a 3" downpipe that goes into a 2.5" Y and out to each Dynomax Race Bullet muffler and out to the tips. The trunk is left intact, with minimal denting. I will get pics of it on the car this week, as we are pulling it back off to check the welds and paint it silver.

Thanks!
Amir

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.91@107mph, 1.9 60ft)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 03-27-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 03-27-2006).]

Tusch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TuschSend a Private Message to TuschDirect Link to This Post
Well done, can't wait for some sound clips. Any chance of pics of the rest, headers to the y-pipe?
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Looks good from the pictures but would say more than minimal denting to the trunk. It is still in tact just with a rather large dent in it. The only thing that might happen is the exhast hitting the trunk on fast accelerations and causing false KR. There might be more clearance that what it looks like from the pictures, cant really tell. Hope to see your car at one of the many shows we have here in TX in the near future.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Looks good from the pictures but would say more than minimal denting to the trunk. It is still in tact just with a rather large dent in it. The only thing that might happen is the exhast hitting the trunk on fast accelerations and causing false KR. There might be more clearance that what it looks like from the pictures, cant really tell. Hope to see your car at one of the many shows we have here in TX in the near future.

Minimal denting is all if any. When I first had the headers put on, everyone had told me the trunk would have to be removed or dented hardcore. Now after seeing where the downpipe comes out to, it is not nearly that bad at all. I'll have pics soon of the actual dent that is needed.

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001
bump to a good thread
anthony_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anthony_86gtSend a Private Message to anthony_86gtDirect Link to This Post
I just got done getting my 3800SC swap completed, but i had to tear it right back apart because the flywheel bolts came loose. i am using the same type of exhaust setup but with stock manifolds. i have a small leak at the gasket to the headers but i still think it is super super loud. im waiting for some sound clips of yours. im hoping to get another gasket and see if it helps. also is there any way you have any pictures of what the mufflers look like inside? thanks
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2006 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Amir,
That looks so good AND simple!
I desided to keep my spintek, and will be going a harder route with the stockers ported and polished

I may build one like that as well, you know so I can be like YOU
Perd1tor has a set up like that but he has small fart cans on the end and it really looks pretty good!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Amir,
That looks so good AND simple!
I desided to keep my spintek, and will be going a harder route with the stockers ported and polished

I may build one like that as well, you know so I can be like YOU
Perd1tor has a set up like that but he has small fart cans on the end and it really looks pretty good!

Thanks dude. I'm in the process of rebuilding my engine for the 3rd time. If I told you what happened you wouldn't believe me, but it did. I hope to be able to run in the 11's when it's back together again and finally fixed!!! What an ordeal, but it feels good to solve it. PM me if you want details and I'll explain what happened.

Later,
Amir
PFF
System Bot
gladiator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2006 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gladiatorSend a Private Message to gladiatorDirect Link to This Post
I'm going with a similar setup but with stock manifolds. I think I definitely need to look into a better set of tips.

I do have a question, are you going to using any exhaust hangers or just letting it be supported at the header?

Gary
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the glasspacks and for how much? Are they straight through? And finally are they resonated? Do you know on resonated tips or glass packs, which way does the exhaust flow? Into the divet openings or the other way?

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
going to be louder than heck, and I am guessing decent amounts of drone.

these 3800 swaps suck when it comes to exhaust.......

mind if I add this to the ultimate 3800 thread?

------------------
[16:58] davepettinelli: mine's got a court-apponted psychiatrist
[16:58] davepettinelli: yay girls
[16:59] GTPimpin: mine whines alot
[16:59] GTPimpin: her name is fiero

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/072877.html

Earl-R

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earl-RSend a Private Message to Earl-RDirect Link to This Post
Excited are we Amir?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rare87GT:

[QUOTE]

The design looks like something I remember reading about 2-3 years ago. KEEP UP the good work.

[This message has been edited by Earl-R (edited 03-08-2007).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

Excited are we Amir?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rare87GT:

[QUOTE]

The design looks like something I remember reading about 2-3 years ago. KEEP UP the good work.

Just a little bit, lol. That's actually animuL here on the forum...he designs the Whipple kits for 3800 and numerous other parts upon request.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

going to be louder than heck, and I am guessing decent amounts of drone.

these 3800 swaps suck when it comes to exhaust.......

mind if I add this to the ultimate 3800 thread?

That is totally cool, go ahead and add it to the ultimate 3800 thread.

See ya later.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Earl-R:

I see you’re laying "pipe," hehe. It looks uncircumcised...no head? j/k
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
WAWUZAT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAWUZATSend a Private Message to WAWUZATDirect Link to This Post
And where is the catalytic converter mounted?
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WAWUZAT:

Whats a catalytic converter?
PFF
System Bot
crab daddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crab daddySend a Private Message to crab daddyDirect Link to This Post
here is my cat

------------------
Thinking about dropping the L67 from my gp into a Fiero.
12.466 @ 114.15 INTENSE S1X/ZZP IC/TOG Headers

[This message has been edited by crab daddy (edited 03-08-2007).]

WAWUZAT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAWUZATSend a Private Message to WAWUZATDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware: Whats a catalytic converter?

Hmmm .... so that's the risk he's taking? I'd make darn certain my license plate wasn't displayed here. Makes it real easy for the EPA to identify who owes them a payment for the federal fine.

86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
We don't Need no stinking cats on our cars On my 3800 sc 2 swap, Putting one on was not even a thought or option.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fieroEarl:

We don't Need no stinking cats on our cars On my 3800 sc 2 swap, Putting one on was not even a thought or option.

My first 3800SC swap on the 65E passed Dallas, Tx emmisions with flying colors with no CAT installed. The CAT is another thing the goverment came up with to charge money for and used the excuse of the ozone to pass it off.
WAWUZAT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WAWUZATSend a Private Message to WAWUZATDirect Link to This Post
We don't have emissions testing here yet, either. But with a modified vehicle, our state inspectors (annual safety inspection) will look for everything that's supposed to be there ... though the items may not be functional, they need to appear so. They noticed my '87 F350 didn't have a cat. I had to point out the sticker under the hood saying it wasn't required as the truck was government surplus. When it was built for the military, there were still many countries with only leaded fuel, and there was no way to determine each truck's final destination ... so no cat and large fuel-filler nozzles (2 tanks). Good luck!
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

My first 3800SC swap on the 65E passed Dallas, Tx emmisions with flying colors with no CAT installed. The CAT is another thing the goverment came up with to charge money for and used the excuse of the ozone to pass it off.

Part of the reason Honda succeeded breaking into the U.S. Market was because they managed to make cars emissions legal without a catalytic converter, while the Americans couldn't. That saved a lot of costs in production and saved horsepower, which helped Honda sell more cars. (If you remember back in the late 70's and early 80's catalytic converters were a huge drain on horsepower (i.e. DeLoreans made 200hp without CAT's and 130hp with them)

-M
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WAWUZAT:

Catalytic converter? LOL. I have never even thought about putting one on my car. I could careless if everyone knows about my tag on here. There would be millions of people with issues if they actually regulated it.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Rare87GT

5046 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Where did you get the glasspacks and for how much? Are they straight through? And finally are they resonated? Do you know on resonated tips or glass packs, which way does the exhaust flow? Into the divet openings or the other way?

They are from Summit racing. I got them for I believe $80 bucks for both. They are the dynomax bullet style mufflers. They are straight through, no restrictions at all (not resonated). I am not sure on the exhaust flow though. I do know that this exhaust setup is by far one of the loudest setups there is! It has a bad drone at cruising and on the highway, but I am use to it now and it flows so much better than any other exhaust setup I have had on this car. With the TOG headers, 3" downpipe and the exhaust setup, it can be heard from miles away! Later bro.
AquaHusky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AquaHuskySend a Private Message to AquaHuskyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Planning on taking the car to Japan's custom car culture?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock